Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Sikura playing for Chicago right now. Has an assist and is +1 with 5 SOG through the 2nd period. Nice little debut. Gaudette takes the ice in half an hour.

Comment

Sikura looks like he is gonna be a good fit in Chicago. After 2 periods Gaudette looks ok. He looks like a rookie playing his first NHL game, while Sikura looked like he has been part of the team for longer than a game. Would love to see ZAR get some more playing time.
      These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Sikura ended the gm with 2 assists in the W. Gaudette got about 10 odd mins of playing time in Vancouver's 2-1 win.. though everyone's going to be remembering that McDavid goal for a while (nothing to do with Adam).. what a beauty.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
          Sikura looks like he is gonna be a good fit in Chicago. After 2 periods Gaudette looks ok. He looks like a rookie playing his first NHL game, while Sikura looked like he has been part of the team for longer than a game. Would love to see ZAR get some more playing time.
          I've thought for a while now that while Gaudette has a higher ceiling, Sikura is the more NHL-ready prospect. You could put him on the wing on any line in the NHL and he would quickly be able to adapt and compliment his linemates in short order. Incredibly smart player who plays really well without the puck. Watching almost every Bruins game this season, I see a lot of similarities between Sikura and Danton Heinen's game this year. Cassidy has been able to move him up and down the line-up and on the PP, and other than one lull, he's been a great complimentary winger.

Gaudette needs the puck more to be effective. Case and point we're the last two games of the year. He didn't have it as much, and he wasn't himself. Those type of college centers normally take a little while before they produce consistently. Backes, Kesler, Turris and even Eichel had adjustment periods somewhere between a couple months to a couple years at the beginning of their careers. I think Gaudette will figure it out, because he is immensely talented and one of the most determined and hardest working players I've ever seen play at NU, but it will be a longer adjustment time than Sikura.
          Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 03-30-2018, 11:21 AM.
          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Sikura last night, ".. biggest thing for me tonight, just try to make plays and not be afraid to make mistakes."
            great mindset.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Trevor Owens, the Huskies' unsung hero for four season and their most recent Beanpot hero, signs his first pro contract with Montreal's AHL affiliate. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...t-hockey-east/
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

unsung indeed.
                his beanpot goal in the finals.. what a bomb. will not forget that one for a while. all the best to him.
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  I've thought for a while now that while Gaudette has a higher ceiling, Sikura is the more NHL-ready prospect. You could put him on the wing on any line in the NHL and he would quickly be able to adapt and compliment his linemates in short order. Incredibly smart player who plays really well without the puck. Watching almost every Bruins game this season, I see a lot of similarities between Sikura and Danton Heinen's game this year. Cassidy has been able to move him up and down the line-up and on the PP, and other than one lull, he's been a great complimentary winger.

Gaudette needs the puck more to be effective. Case and point we're the last two games of the year. He didn't have it as much, and he wasn't himself. Those type of college centers normally take a little while before they produce consistently. Backes, Kesler, Turris and even Eichel had adjustment periods somewhere between a couple months to a couple years at the beginning of their careers. I think Gaudette will figure it out, because he is immensely talented and one of the most determined and hardest working players I've ever seen play at NU, but it will be a longer adjustment time than Sikura.
                  I agree with you on everything. One thing I noticed is that Vancouver isn’t a good team. Watching them play they need a lot of work. Hopefully he is part of the turnaround. I was ready to watch Nolan last night but he got scratched. NHL center ice is doing a free preview on Fios so I have been watching them all.

Comment

I don't believe there's any intention of starting Nolan aside from an emergency situation until they get to a point where they're either eliminated or clinched into a specific spot.

Comment

I agree but it’s good for him to get to know coaches and team along with skating with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                        I agree with you on everything. One thing I noticed is that Vancouver isn’t a good team. Watching them play they need a lot of work. Hopefully he is part of the turnaround. I was ready to watch Nolan last night but he got scratched. NHL center ice is doing a free preview on Fios so I have been watching them all.
                        Sedin twins just announced their retirement, so he should have a great opportunity next year to prove himself and move into a meaningful role. I see him as a top 6 forward once he figures out the NHL game.

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          unsung indeed.
                          his beanpot goal in the finals.. what a bomb. will not forget that one for a while. all the best to him.
                          Great team. Good looking future. Next time I am in Matthews I'll head to the lounge and spring for first round.

Comment

Heisenburg has Rizzoli crossed off, I am assuming that means he is no longer coming? Can't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
                              Heisenburg has Rizzoli crossed off, I am assuming that means he is no longer coming? Can't find anything.
                              Correct. Rizzolo has been out of the NU pipeline for some time now. Same with Melaragni, who some outlets still show as coming.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

sikura looking good (again) tonight. has another assist this gm & is a +2 thus far (gm in late 3rd period). nice going.

edit: and they just put him out on the (partial) pp last min of the gm! kid is earning it.

chi wins it with 8 ticks left.. duncan keith with onetimer. very happy for dylan any which way.
                                Last edited by northeastern; 04-04-2018, 09:41 PM.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X