Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Do you know how soon? BC played two at St. Cloud this past season. Was thinking the return trip would be next year where they do the one at BC, one at NU. Then NU goes out there for two and St. Cloud comes back out the year after that. Haven't been able to confirm though.
    This sounds right to me. The Minnesota deal lined up like that, and I would expect St. Cloud to mimic it. If BC already went west, then St. Cloud coming east next season makes sense to start the games with NU as well.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
      I didn't enjoy watching him not enjoy hockey. What I remember him for was his sweeping a goal out of the net before the ref could get in position to rightly call it a goal. We could see the replay on TV, but IIRC in 1994, the refs didn't have the benefit of using the kind of reviewing techniques that we have today. I believe it was Danny Lupo whose shot would been the GWG. The coup de Poup came early in OT when a LSSU "shot" from beyond the goal line, near the corner, hit the back of Todd Reynolds pad and dribbled into the net. LSSU went on to destroy bu and win the NC.
      After that OT game, LSSU had to beat both Michigan and Harvard in OT as well, before the thumping of BU. Who could predict three straight OT games would be followed by an 8-goal win.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

per his social media account.. Sasha (Alexander) Teleguine '02 (Thayer Academy), to Northeastern.

I saw one of his gms earlier in the season.. he is 9th grader but skates varsity already. Kid looked really good. Hits hard & will have size to match. Great shot to boot & made plays.
        Hopefully pans out.. great get for the Huskies!

can anyone else confirm? thx. GO NU
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          per his social media account.. Sasha (Alexander) Teleguine '02 (Thayer Academy), to Northeastern.

I saw one of his gms earlier in the season.. he is 9th grader but skates varsity already. Kid looked really good. Hits hard & will have size to match. Great shot to boot & made plays.
          Hopefully pans out.. great get for the Huskies!

can anyone else confirm? thx. GO NU
          Congratulations, I'm pretty sure you're the first person since we started the blog to break a commit to us on USCHO. Kid looks like a stud (as much as a 15 year old can anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
            Congratulations, I'm pretty sure you're the first person since we started the blog to break a commit to us on USCHO. Kid looks like a stud (as much as a 15 year old can anyway)
            yes? yes.. so it is true.
            thanks that is good to know. the kid is a stud for sure (much as a 15 yr old can be.. like you say).. pure hustle from what i saw.
            i knew his dad back in the day (was a solid player himself for the red army). his dad helped train john marino (harvard), luke stevens (yale) & countless other, older pro players as well. was skills coach with the providence bruins for a while. his son's skills should be very very good in few yrs. great get for the huskies, congratulations to him!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

To reinforce Northeastern's post: Teleguine is just the fourth '02 from Prep to commit that I know of. He definitely can skate and has the skills. Started the season on Thayer's second line but found a home on the third line as the season progressed. (That shouldn't be taken as a negative. The players on the top two lines were all older players that had great chemistry and carried Thayer to the Prep Large School Final.) Next year, he'll be a top line/PP guy. Doesn't turn 16 until September. A legit D1 talent.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                What do you mean why mention BC and BU? BC won the RS title and returns basically the entire team. BU won the HE tourney and won a game in NCAAs. Congrats on making the tourney five straight years. That has nothing to do with how BC and BU will be next year. I do fully expect PC to be good again though. Are you defending Leaman now?
                When the truth is, PC has become good enough to be mentioned just as much as BU does.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

And they call US little brother.

Comment

Yes you are.

Comment

We might have been out, and forgotten.... But Maine is coming for you... watch!

Comment

Gaudette wins CHN Player of the Year. Also today is Hobey Hat Trick day. Hopefully he hears his name for that too
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Hobey Hat Trick: Gaudette, Donato, Borgstrom
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            nice. also interesting they're all heading or are in the nhl with vancouver, boston, florida respectively.
                            wonder if they'll make it in person for nxt fri.. crazy
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              Comparing the two other candidates to Gaudette. DISCLAIMER: I have not watched Donato and Borgstrom all season. Still don't think there's much of an argument against Gaudette.
                              http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...ies-vancouver/
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

NEW RECURIT: Sasha Teleguine http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...y-prep-school/
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X