Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
    I remember that. Blain Locker was stud goalie from Lake State.
    Former player for the Bruins who retired because he didn't enjoy playing hockey anymore after four years in the pros.
    Last edited by Motorboaters; 03-26-2018, 08:29 PM.
    "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
      Not disagreeing with anything else you said, but ND leaving HE made it got from all HE teams playing 22 league games to the unbalanced 24 game schedule, which shrunk the number of OOC games by 2.
      Thank you for the correction!

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        Well, the 2017-18 season was one for the books but now it's in the books and the time has come to think of 2018-19. Two unanswered questions for starters:
        • Among the players: Who stays and who goes?
        • Behind the bench: Does Jerry Keefe take the bait and become Head Coach at Merrimack?

Within HEA, BC and BU should be solid and UMass seems to be on the cusp of becoming a force to be reckoned with. And UML isn't going to let itself get accustomed to finishing out of the money. The rest, including NU???
        Providence returns basically their whole team besides Pinho and I expect Foley to sign while doubt Hawkey signs. While brining in a borderline first round pick in what every writer believes is the strongest class PC has ever brought in...

Why mention BC and BU when PC is the only Hockey East school to make it five straight years to the NCAA tourney?
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
          As my 35+ years as being a Husky fan this is the most disappointed I have ever been. This was the best team they have had in 30 years, they were the best team in this regional they just didn't show up. Great season by 8,9,21, but they were no shows yesterday. Teams like this don't come around often at NU, needed to do more with it. They fizzled out, semi's against prov and then last night. I will be sick if BU wins today. I have stayed away from TV, last I saw Michigan was up 2-1.

Incoming players, I know that Madden is supposed to be legit, after that I have not heard a thing. I thought Harris was a '19.

Keefe, If I were him, I would hold out for a better shot, other than an Atlantic job, merrimack is the bottom of the pile.

I am still hopeful that Felipe can bounce back from a down year, hopefully Jozefek can stay healthy next year. Griffen has been a dud, hopefully he can have a good senior year. Davies is so legit I am nervous he gets pressure to sign. I like Shea, will take sometime for me to get past him not picking up man in front who scored the winner. Just skated next to him. I am not sold on Solow.

Real disappointed.
          Sound like bseagle35... from back in the day. Just know you have a great coaching staff and a great crew. We are jealous now.

Comment

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
            BCeagle, the OOC schedule didn't happen entirely by choice. To schedule 'Premier opponents' for OOC games, it helps if you are an attractive scheduling partner. BC and BU have a leg up on most of the other Hockey East teams in drawing the top Western Teams to come East. Factor in Notre Dame leaving HE and the necessity of finding more OOC games on comparatively short order and you get NU's OOC schedule. Hopefully, NU continues to have success and that translates into stronger OOC scheduling.
            I’m hoping with new blood and talent BC will win some of those OCC games.

Giles, McBain, McLaughlin, Samuelsson, etc. look promising to bolster what we have and a few will be seeing more scratch time during the next hockey season.

🏒
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              well, not unexpected for sure. he did what he had to.. gotta sign when your stock is hot.
              with a few adjustments to his gm, will do fine at the nxt level. all the best adam!

diff team for sure next year
              Figured of course hea will only let the top 8 make the playoffs when nu is primed to finish 9th
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Adam Gaudette leaves behind arguably the greatest legacy in NU Hockey history. My piece on Gaudette signing his ELC
                http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...t-hobey-baker/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Figured of course hea will only let the top 8 make the playoffs when nu is primed to finish 9th
                  I can see that the sting (s) from this season still fresh with you through your travels.. sleep on it.
                  you can hope for the above & we can hope for better .. slightly
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Trevor Owens gets an AHL deal with Montreal's AHL team
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                      Former player for the Bruins who retired because he didn't enjoy playing hockey anymore after four years in the pros.
                      Also, he was terrible. He had a great rookie year and then his game fell apart. What came first, being terrible or losing interest? I have no idea.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                        Trevor Owens gets an AHL deal with Montreal's AHL team

great to hear, all the best
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                          I didn't enjoy watching him not enjoy hockey. What I remember him for was his sweeping a goal out of the net before the ref could get in position to rightly call it a goal. We could see the replay on TV, but IIRC in 1994, the refs didn't have the benefit of using the kind of reviewing techniques that we have today. I believe it was Danny Lupo whose shot would been the GWG. The coup de Poup came early in OT when a LSSU "shot" from beyond the goal line, near the corner, hit the back of Todd Reynolds pad and dribbled into the net. LSSU went on to destroy bu and win the NC.

That incident is way up near the bottom of my NU Hockey nightmares, along with a few Beanpot OTs, a Merrimack playoff game and, of course, the loss to Cornell in '09. The loss to Michigan was a day at the beach by comparison!

I have to stop. I have given myself a migraine, and I feel kind of queasy

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            For the record NU has St. Cloud coming soon, in another BC scheduling partnership like the Minnesota one. So thats one very top team on deck for the next 3 years.
                            Do you know how soon? BC played two at St. Cloud this past season. Was thinking the return trip would be next year where they do the one at BC, one at NU. Then NU goes out there for two and St. Cloud comes back out the year after that. Haven't been able to confirm though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                              Providence returns basically their whole team besides Pinho and I expect Foley to sign while doubt Hawkey signs. While brining in a borderline first round pick in what every writer believes is the strongest class PC has ever brought in...

Why mention BC and BU when PC is the only Hockey East school to make it five straight years to the NCAA tourney?
                              What do you mean why mention BC and BU? BC won the RS title and returns basically the entire team. BU won the HE tourney and won a game in NCAAs. Congrats on making the tourney five straight years. That has nothing to do with how BC and BU will be next year. I do fully expect PC to be good again though. Are you defending Leaman now?

Comment

..er, take it outside guys..
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X