Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

On the QMJHL Draft http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...sam-colangelo/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      ..great read, thx. Up to the kids & family really, to do what's best.
      On the Coaches front.. hope Grier or someone BU gets the Assistant gig there.. Grier would actually be a good hire for them. Great guy.
      Would hate to lose Jerry Keefe on that front. Hopefully his name being mentioned is just that.. names being mentioned.
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• nice to hear Keefe staying put. The development of the program, the kids developing under current team.. kudos to NU on that front.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Recap of Monday's Friends of NU Hockey meeting, with some good insight and information from coach about schedule stuff, recruits, and what he thinks about the upcoming year

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-northeastern/
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Recap of Monday's Friends of NU Hockey meeting, with some good insight and information from coach about schedule stuff, recruits, and what he thinks about the upcoming year

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-northeastern/
            Thanks for the post, its going to be an interesting season. I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from. Not only do we not have a clear first line, do we have one forward who is a definite first line player in Hockey East? Madden should be down the road, Filipe and Solow could be, Hawkins has a RW1 shot but no returning forward has scored 10 goals in a year for NU (Hawkins did score 16 and 14 with BG). If the 6 D's are Davies, Shea, Williams, Harris, Villella and Kislin, that seems like a very offensively capable group who will push the play from the back-end so maybe that's where the offense comes from? Certainly wouldn't surprise me if Davies led the team in points.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
              Thanks for the post, its going to be an interesting season. I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from. Not only do we not have a clear first line, do we have one forward who is a definite first line player in Hockey East? Madden should be down the road, Filipe and Solow could be, Hawkins has a RW1 shot but no returning forward has scored 10 goals in a year for NU (Hawkins did score 16 and 14 with BG). If the 6 D's are Davies, Shea, Williams, Harris, Villella and Kislin, that seems like a very offensively capable group who will push the play from the back-end so maybe that's where the offense comes from? Certainly wouldn't surprise me if Davies led the team in points.
              It's too early for me to be projecting lines but if I had to put some names together, I would expect Solow, Madden, Filipe, Hawkins, and Jozefek as top 6 guys. Others who could get put into those roles include Plevy, Pecararo. I hope Coach keeps Picking/Griffin together, they worked great as a defensive/forechecking unit, and worked well whether paired with Goldstein or Schultz. Lerario increased offensive output last year, so I could see him getting a look. I truly feel that we will be rolling lines more regularly next year and will have more scoring-by-committee, which isn't the worst approach to have.
              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                nice to hear Keefe staying put..
                the night is young
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  the night is young
                  It will soon dawn on you that the Keefe to bu rumor is old, old, old. It has whiskers and they've gone gray! It's as real as Santa Claus. You've swung and missed twice now. You do know the definition of insanity, don't you? You have so many terriers in the coaching ranks. Go find one of your own, if one is wiling to return. McEchearn is a fun guy. Is Eruzione free? - great name recognition among the over 50 crowd.
                  Last edited by HHound; 06-14-2018, 12:04 PM.

Comment

I truly feel that we will be rolling lines more regularly next year and will have more scoring-by-committee, which isn't the worst approach to have.
                    Agreed. Under Cronin we had some success doing that, or at the very least we had the "hard to play against" moniker. If Keefe can take that group of forwards and produce a +20% PP he truly is the power-play whisperer.
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                      ...I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from...
                      I'd expect the goal scoring to take care of itself. Hawkins is already a beast. Matt Filipe is a potential 20+ goal scorer. Then there's the international man of mystery (Liam Pecararo). And let's not forget Austin Goldstein, who impressed at least me, especially toward the end of the season. Zach Solow should be more of a factor with a year of experience now under his belt. Beyond that, the D-corps should pose its own scoring threat. Maybe an offensive surprise or two (or more) among the incoming frosh?

Bottom line as I see it: The offense should be less spectacular but much more distributed, which isn't entirely a bad thing.
                      Last edited by Split-N; 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM.
                      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• only way Filipe is going to get consistent with the points is if he uses his teammates during the gm. cant do it alone.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

only way Filipe is going to get consistent with the points is if he uses his teammates during the gm. cant do it alone.
                          Thus the modifier in front of 20+
                          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            Looks like Saint John likes your recruits. Today they selected Jack Williams with the 1st pick in the two round American Draft http://theqmjhl.ca/draft/2018QMJHL_US
                            hope Williams stays.. grass always looks greener on the other side..

oh well, nature of the beast.
                            NU Hockey just gotta keep plugging away Go Huskies
                            Iā€™m not totally up on NCAA rules but Jack Williams is in Saint John camp......Many of the observers at the qplex were pleasantly surprised to see Jack Williams (from Maine) and Connor Bradford (from Massachusetts) participating in the development camp. Williams looked excellent while skating along side his South Kent roommate ā€“ Josh Lawrence. Williams is a strong skater with a nose for the net. It would be quite a coup for the Sea Dogs to have those two together for the next few years. Bradford (10th round, 165th overall), already 6ā€™2ā€ with his 16th birthday coming up in August, Bradford showed very good positioning and movement. http://stationnation.blogspot.com/20...ment-camp.html
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Re: Williams, he will also be participating in USA Hockey camp in Buffalo in July. Has not signed anywhere yet, we will see where he goes after the USA camp.

Tyler Madden taken 68th overall by Vancouver. 3rd round.

Jordan Harris 71st overall by Montreal. 3rd round.

Riley Hughes 216th overall to New York Rangers. 7th round.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Three Huskies picked in NHL Draft (and some who weren't).

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...the-nhl-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X