Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Congrats on the Ryan St. Louis commitment. Would like to know more about his thinking in selecting NU. Seems like UVM might have had the inside track, but for whatever reason, guess not. Maybe he didn't want to be playing in his dad's shadow at UVM or, more likely, maybe he and dad just don't have confidence in UVM's ability to resurrect its struggling program. Or maybe he just likes Boston. Who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
      Congrats on the Ryan St. Louis commitment. Would like to know more about his thinking in selecting NU. Seems like UVM might have had the inside track, but for whatever reason, guess not. Maybe he didn't want to be playing in his dad's shadow at UVM or, more likely, maybe he and dad just don't have confidence in UVM's ability to resurrect its struggling program. Or maybe he just likes Boston. Who knows....
      Not playing in dad's shadow may well have something to do with it but the more likely deciding factor is that kids like Ryan (and their parents/advisors) are aware that NU has slowly gained a reputation for developing players who can make it to the highest level.

And having a Hobey Baker runner-up and Hobey Baker winner in consecutive years doesn't hurt.
      Last edited by Split-N; 04-30-2018, 08:32 AM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIM4glgcKXc&t=4s

Here's the full version. Really, really well done.
        I just got around to watching this. Very well done. I hope he scores a lot of goals for the Hawks next season. They'll need it. #HockeyEastPride
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          Excellent piece. Congrats to Dylan. Nice to see a guy who comes back for his senior year, that still ends up with the team that drafted him (I don't begrudge the Vesey types, but this just adds legitimacy to him wanting to finish what he started at NU, and not just to get leverage).
          Which Vesey types? Jimmy stayed all four years at Harvard, Nolan stayed all four years at Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Which Vesey types? Jimmy stayed all four years at Harvard, Nolan stayed all four years at Maine.
            Pretty sure he's saying Vesey stayed to get leverage on Nashville/leave for free agency and Dylan stayed because he wanted to stay then signed with his drafting team after the season ended.

(I have no comment on the comment, just translating it)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
              Pretty sure he's saying Vesey stayed to get leverage on Nashville/leave for free agency and Dylan stayed because he wanted to stay then signed with his drafting team after the season ended.

(I have no comment on the comment, just translating it)
              Ok, got it; thanks!

Comment

ZAR had his season ended today after another dirty headshot from Tom Wilson. Concussion and broke his jaw. Second game in a row Wilson has taken out a Pens player with a hit to their head. Dirtiest player in the game, someone call Matt Cooke and tell him his type of play still can fly in the NHL. Brutal way for ZAR to end his season. I really feel for him.

Related to ZAR, Sara Civian posted this article she worked on back after he signed and had some time in Wilkes-Barre. I highly recommend reading it. Excellent work and quotes from the people that know Zach best. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...wVV298w1LU/pub
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                  ZAR had his season ended today after another dirty headshot from Tom Wilson. Concussion and broke his jaw. Second game in a row Wilson has taken out a Pens player with a hit to their head. Dirtiest player in the game, someone call Matt Cooke and tell him his type of play still can fly in the NHL. Brutal way for ZAR to end his season. I really feel for him.

Related to ZAR, Sara Civian posted this article she worked on back after he signed and had some time in Wilkes-Barre. I highly recommend reading it. Excellent work and quotes from the people that know Zach best. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...wVV298w1LU/pub

great read.. thanks for passing along.
                  Wishing him a full recovery. Relentless... appropriate word to describe ZAR. Best to him.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    ZAR had his season ended today after another dirty headshot from Tom Wilson. Concussion and broke his jaw. Second game in a row Wilson has taken out a Pens player with a hit to their head. Dirtiest player in the game
                    The NHL HAS to get this out of the game. These idiots who are saying it was "shoulder to shoulder" must be blind. The view from behind Wilson clearly shows him targeting the face and his shoulder slamming directly into ZAR's jaw. The fact that Wilson was laughing on the bench afterwards is even more disgusting.

And people wonder why the NHL is still not "mainstream" on the par of baseball, football and basketball..

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      The NHL HAS to get this out of the game. These idiots who are saying it was "shoulder to shoulder" must be blind. The view from behind Wilson clearly shows him targeting the face and his shoulder slamming directly into ZAR's jaw. The fact that Wilson was laughing on the bench afterwards is even more disgusting.

And people wonder why the NHL is still not "mainstream" on the par of baseball, football and basketball..
                      fvckers
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Wilson suspended 3 gms for the hit. Its something.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Very good read on ZAR. He will be back next year scoring goals. Anybody know anything about Roy? Is he gonna be signing with Anaheim again?
                          These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

another good read from today.. eye opening..
                            (but not really, until something meaningful done about it)

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/03/s...T.nav=top-news
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

All 6 eligible Huskies recruits taken in the USHL Draft. Chabrier the earliest, at 11th overall (round 1), and Cooley the latest at 82nd overall (6th round). Should feel good that all 6 make it to campus, with the only worrisome one being Cooley due to WHL rights. Will have a blog post on the USHL Draft some time in the near future, need to finish this last week of grad school first
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Austin Plevy from UMASS is transferring to NU as a grad transfer. His point totals have declined every year but he does have 50 points in 3 years and was the UMASS's 4th leading scorer in 15-16 and 3rd leading scorer in 16-17. The few times I've watched him play I've been impressed with his speed and skating ability. Maybe he fits on the wing with Picking and Goldstein in what would make a very fast line.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X