Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Austin Plevy from UMASS is transferring to NU as a grad transfer. His point totals have declined every year but he does have 50 points in 3 years and was the UMASS's 4th leading scorer in 15-16 and 3rd leading scorer in 16-17. The few times I've watched him play I've been impressed with his speed and skating ability. Maybe he fits on the wing with Picking and Goldstein in what would make a very fast line.
    That reminds me: You are right that the line would be a blur. Goldstein can really motor. He skated just a bit faster than the speed at which he could function optimally. I suspect he will continue to improve and become, along with John Picking, a meaningful offensive contributor. Both players are what I call "pickpockets" and I wouldn't be surprised to see them on the PK next season.

Comment

WCHA composite schedule comes out tomorrow. Expect NU to make an appearance on it. Not sure what our last game against the conference was... probably when UAH came to Matthews in the Manson/Witt days.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
        WCHA composite schedule comes out tomorrow. Expect NU to make an appearance on it. Not sure what our last game against the conference was... probably when UAH came to Matthews in the Manson/Witt days.
        NU will play UAH at the Catamount Classic on 12/29/18.

http://www.uahchargers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey&

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          NU will play UAH at the Catamount Classic on 12/29/18.

http://www.uahchargers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey&
          Oh god, please don't lose that one!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Oh god, please don't lose that one!!!
            Primeau will be at world juniors and I think we all know who the true winner of Theut vs Ruck is...

Comment

• .. every week /wknd will be a challenge nxt season, no doubt. hoping for happy surprises here & there..
              much like we've become accustomed to. Go NU
              Last edited by northeastern; 05-13-2018, 02:18 PM.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

USHL Draft recap- Huskies have 11 names drafted, one traded, and one tendered. http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...tanley-cooley/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Copied from Diehard Dogs:

If you live in the Washington, DC, area, know someone who does, or if you'll be passing through, here's something that should be of interest. None other than Jim Madigan will be honored guest and guest speaker at the annual Reception on the Hill, sponsored by the NU Washington, DC, Alumni Chapter on Tuesday, May 22, starting at 6 p.m. Location is Room 902 of the Hart Senate Office Building. There is no charge but because of Hart Building security requirements, registration deadline is May 17, which is only a couple of days away. Here's the registration link:

https://events.attend.com/f/13837841..._source=evtlst

He's apparently bringing the Beanpot with him.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Clear you calendar for 10/27. St. Cloud State visits Matthews Arena that night.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

Yup yup. Armstrong was originally a 2016 or 2017 recruit but fell off in a big way when Patrick Harper left Avon. Underproduction and injuries have caused him to be pushed back a couple of times unfortunately. Hopeful that a year of health in the USHL will get him back to where he needs to be to enroll in 2019
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                          Clear you calendar for 10/27. St. Cloud State visits Matthews Arena that night.
                          that is awesome. would've been a good outing to have played 'em this past season.. still, anytime get a good, strong opponent @ Matthews, hopefully brings out the best in nxt yrs' squad as well.
                          GO NU HOCKEY
                          Always bullish on the future.
                          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            Yup yup. Armstrong was originally a 2016 or 2017 recruit but fell off in a big way when Patrick Harper left Avon. Underproduction and injuries have caused him to be pushed back a couple of times unfortunately. Hopeful that a year of health in the USHL will get him back to where he needs to be to enroll in 2019
                            so he's going to be driving himself to campus for freshmen orientation?!?!

Comment

I don't see how a 20 year old is any more or less likely to drive themselves than an 18 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                                I don't see how a 20 year old is any more or less likely to drive themselves than an 18 year old.
                                ummmm, your avg frosh was 19+ silly. simple math

(though mookie will give you props for being 3yr under the average of umlolol freshmen )

Comment

Working...
                                X