Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    ...Also, are we actually going to get a new center ice logo? I think it's been the same "N" since I was a freshman 12 years ago
    not sure of that but wouldn't be surprised. what i do know is change is a constant & konya knows that. keeps the students & fans talking. hopefully sign of continued good things around the hockey. new everything takes off if team does. that's what will come down to.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

...Also, are we actually going to get a new center ice logo? I think it's been the same "N" since I was a freshman 12 years ago
      A new center ice logo is a foregone conclusion since the Split-N has officially been retired. The only question is what it will look like. I'd be fine with anything so long as it doesn't include that hideous BCish gold color.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        A new center ice logo is a foregone conclusion since the Split-N has officially been retired. The only question is what it will look like. I'd be fine with anything so long as it doesn't include that hideous BCish gold color.
        *******https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-l...16.png********

That's what I would love to see on center ice when I walk in the barn in October.

Comment

Hey, maybe we could have a contest to see who picks the center ice logo correctly. (Not many prizes in the prize bag, tho.) But FWIW, the husky head superimposed on the Skinny N is my guess. The circular marks bisected by the solid red and black diagonal fields are intriguing but I'm thinking there might be some NCAA and/or HEA restrictions on solid colors in the center ice circle (especially black).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsctSMNJHwhi3dMLBpAxpNwPx1BSeA
          Last edited by Split-N; 08-19-2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Well we will know soon enough. Anybody know when they put down the new ice and start practice?
            These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Hey, maybe we could have a contest to see who picks the center ice logo correctly. ]
              Alfred E Newman
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Alfred E Newman
                Neuman
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  Neuman
                  Alfred E Neuman

Comment

Hey, maybe we could have a contest to see who picks the center ice logo correctly. (Not many prizes in the prize bag, tho.) But FWIW, the husky head superimposed on the Skinny N is my guess. The circular marks bisected by the solid red and black diagonal fields are intriguing but I'm thinking there might be some NCAA and/or HEA restrictions on solid colors in the center ice circle (especially black).

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsctSMNJHwhi3dMLBpAxpNwPx1BSeA
                    Just a guess...

https://www.google.com/search?q=main...eaFKQoR0218sM:

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Good try but you spelled "Northeastern" wrong.

Comment

My guess is the "Northeastern University 1898" in a circle around the dog head. Feels like it was made to be a center ice or mid court logo.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Good try but you spelled "Northeastern" wrong.
                          I could not help it.

But I would think the big split N red with black, and the new husky logo would be nice.

Bonus points If They put "LVX VERITA VIRTVS".

Comment

does 1898 mark the current iteration of nu logos

Comment

My guess is the "Northeastern University 1898" in a circle around the dog head. Feels like it was made to be a center ice or mid court logo.
                              This is what I am hoping for but I expect the skinny N with the King Husky logo in front. It's what I've heard rumored and also i feel like the school will want the N out there. But I like the circle logo for center ice.

Split N is dead, sadly.

EDIT: Felt the need to clarify that that last line was related to the logo, not our beloved, sharp-witted poster Split N. Our poster Split N I saw at the FOH meeting in June and he is doing great.
                              Last edited by NU_Husky; 08-25-2018, 05:19 PM.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                This is what I am hoping for but I expect the skinny N with the King Husky logo in front. It's what I've heard rumored and also i feel like the school will want the N out there. But I like the circle logo for center ice.

Split N is dead, sadly.
                                They do love the N which I don't really get. I feel like the N with the King Husky is too much, give me one or the other. As long as it's not gold I guess.

Also RIP Spilt N.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X