Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 181 to 192 of 192

Thread: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Drowning in PA School
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  2. #182
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,714

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    ..great read, thx. Up to the kids & family really, to do what's best.
    On the Coaches front.. hope Grier or someone BU gets the Assistant gig there.. Grier would actually be a good hire for them. Great guy.
    Would hate to lose Jerry Keefe on that front. Hopefully his name being mentioned is just that.. names being mentioned.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot.. but when we do.. we are the Champions

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,714
    nice to hear Keefe staying put. The development of the program, the kids developing under current team.. kudos to NU on that front.

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Drowning in PA School
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Recap of Monday's Friends of NU Hockey meeting, with some good insight and information from coach about schedule stuff, recruits, and what he thinks about the upcoming year

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-northeastern/
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  5. #185
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Recap of Monday's Friends of NU Hockey meeting, with some good insight and information from coach about schedule stuff, recruits, and what he thinks about the upcoming year

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...-northeastern/
    Thanks for the post, its going to be an interesting season. I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from. Not only do we not have a clear first line, do we have one forward who is a definite first line player in Hockey East? Madden should be down the road, Filipe and Solow could be, Hawkins has a RW1 shot but no returning forward has scored 10 goals in a year for NU (Hawkins did score 16 and 14 with BG). If the 6 D's are Davies, Shea, Williams, Harris, Villella and Kislin, that seems like a very offensively capable group who will push the play from the back-end so maybe that's where the offense comes from? Certainly wouldn't surprise me if Davies led the team in points.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS


    MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

    #GaudetteForHo8ey

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Drowning in PA School
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Thanks for the post, its going to be an interesting season. I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from. Not only do we not have a clear first line, do we have one forward who is a definite first line player in Hockey East? Madden should be down the road, Filipe and Solow could be, Hawkins has a RW1 shot but no returning forward has scored 10 goals in a year for NU (Hawkins did score 16 and 14 with BG). If the 6 D's are Davies, Shea, Williams, Harris, Villella and Kislin, that seems like a very offensively capable group who will push the play from the back-end so maybe that's where the offense comes from? Certainly wouldn't surprise me if Davies led the team in points.
    It's too early for me to be projecting lines but if I had to put some names together, I would expect Solow, Madden, Filipe, Hawkins, and Jozefek as top 6 guys. Others who could get put into those roles include Plevy, Pecararo. I hope Coach keeps Picking/Griffin together, they worked great as a defensive/forechecking unit, and worked well whether paired with Goldstein or Schultz. Lerario increased offensive output last year, so I could see him getting a look. I truly feel that we will be rolling lines more regularly next year and will have more scoring-by-committee, which isn't the worst approach to have.
    "Never tell me the odds"

    http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

  7. #187
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,407

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    nice to hear Keefe staying put..
    the night is young
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    695

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    the night is young
    It will soon dawn on you that the Keefe to bu rumor is old, old, old. It has whiskers and they've gone gray! It's as real as Santa Claus. You've swung and missed twice now. You do know the definition of insanity, don't you? You have so many terriers in the coaching ranks. Go find one of your own, if one is wiling to return. McEchearn is a fun guy. Is Eruzione free? - great name recognition among the over 50 crowd.
    Last edited by HHound; 06-14-2018 at 12:04 PM.

  9. #189
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    1,701

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by NU_Husky View Post
    I truly feel that we will be rolling lines more regularly next year and will have more scoring-by-committee, which isn't the worst approach to have.
    Agreed. Under Cronin we had some success doing that, or at the very least we had the "hard to play against" moniker. If Keefe can take that group of forwards and produce a +20% PP he truly is the power-play whisperer.
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS


    MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

    #GaudetteForHo8ey

  10. #190
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    ...I feel great about the goaltending and good about the defense, but I'm still wondering where the goals are going to come from...
    I'd expect the goal scoring to take care of itself. Hawkins is already a beast. Matt Filipe is a potential 20+ goal scorer. Then there's the international man of mystery (Liam Pecararo). And let's not forget Austin Goldstein, who impressed at least me, especially toward the end of the season. Zach Solow should be more of a factor with a year of experience now under his belt. Beyond that, the D-corps should pose its own scoring threat. Maybe an offensive surprise or two (or more) among the incoming frosh?

    Bottom line as I see it: The offense should be less spectacular but much more distributed, which isn't entirely a bad thing.
    Last edited by Split-N; 06-14-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  11. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,714
    only way Filipe is going to get consistent with the points is if he uses his teammates during the gm. cant do it alone.

  12. #192
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Northeastern 2018 Off-season: Dog Day Afternoon

    Quote Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
    only way Filipe is going to get consistent with the points is if he uses his teammates during the gm. cant do it alone.
    Thus the modifier in front of 20+
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •