Things you've learned as a parent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you've learned as a parent...

So I have been a dad for 17 months now. I have 2 kids now....the 2nd was NOT planned. But, I have learned a lot of new things....

#1. The laws of physics do NOT exist. Food will end up in places you never thought were possible.

#2. Poop comes in colors that you never imagined and you'll never be able to look at guacamole the same.
    Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
    www.firstandmonday.com

Re: Things you've learned as a parent...

If you think it cannot be reached....you're wrong.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That My Little Pony is actually not a terrible show.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Oh oh oh, thanks to my brother: I don't care how tough you think you are, if that pretend phone rings, you answer it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

it's ok to let them cry. it will eventually come to an end. they get tired. close a door or two, turn up the tv, or find headphones.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If amoxicillin is prescribed go on a business trip. In a hurry. Seriously.
            You haven’t seen kid poop until they’re on that evil concoction.
            Last edited by Greyeagle; 03-25-2018, 12:57 AM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Time flies is cliche' but true with children like no other part of life. Listen to them, love them and enjoy them.

Comment

I learned more from him then he learned from me
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Time flies is cliche' but true with children like no other part of life. Listen to them, love them and enjoy them.
                  This, more than anything.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Little Baby Bum on YouTube. Very enjoyable for little ones and parents.

My youngest will turn 30 this year. It goes so so quickly. Then you become a grandparent and then with a bit of luck, a great grandparent.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

No matter how right you think you are, the mother is more right
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

(Kepler-on-the-road)

1. The only thing less interesting than stories about pregnancy are stories about infants and toddlers.

2. By 2 years old kids are already expressing 98% of the personalities they will have as adults.

3. Rookie parents are no better at what they are doing than rookie anything else.

4. In almost every instance your initial impulse about what to do in a difficulty situation with your kid will be worse than doing nothing but listening.

5. You can tell everything important about a parent from how they treat their kids. You can't tell anything about siblings from how they treat each other.
                        Last edited by Anne85; 03-25-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          No matter how right you think you are, the mother is more right
                          (Kepler-on-the-road) It's actually this: neither parent is ever right, but the one who insists they are right is always the one who is more wrong.
                          Last edited by Anne85; 03-25-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X