Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Surely Shirley will be a PK finalist at some point.
    So we can call her Shirley?
    Last edited by joecct; 03-29-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Do we can call her Shirley?
    I am serious.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    Clark was born on Nov 28, 1995. Her first season at Wisconsin was the 2014-2015 season. That means she turned 19 in the middle of her freshman year. In my experience, that is utterly usual, whether the freshman in question plays hockey or not.
    Thanks. Late 95. I would guess that +90% of freshmen that year were born in 1996. It doesnít matter. The only reason I picked up on this is because I think she is the best player in the NCAA. I love watching her play and hopefully next year she gets recognized a little more. She plays both ends of the ice and makes anyone who plays with her a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Thanks. Late 95. I would guess that +90% of freshmen that year were born in 1996.
    I pulled up the list of freshmen on the WCHA stats page for 2014-15, intending to look them all up. But the farther down the list I went, the harder it got to find birthdates. So I quit after 25.

2 born in '94, 9 born in '95, 10 born in '96, and 4 that I couldn't (easily) find.

I don't know about other people and other places, but when I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, 'standard procedure' was that the cut-off was during the summer; kids born after maybe July or so would start school later and be the oldest kids in class, while kids born before July would go earlier and be the youngest kids in class. So you might expect 50% or maybe a little more to be born in the 'next' year, and 50% or a little less to be born in the earlier year. Much like Clark, I was born in mid-December, and turned 18 as a senior in HS. As far as I know, that is utterly normal.
    Last edited by robertearle; 03-29-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    I pulled up the list of freshmen on the WCHA stats page for 2014-15, intending to look them all up. But the farther down the list I went, the harder it got to find birthdates. So I quit after 25.

2 born in '94, 9 born in '95, 10 born in '96, and 4 that I couldn't (easily) find.

I don't know about other people and other places, but when I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, 'standard procedure' was that the cut-off was during the summer; kids born after maybe July or so would start school later and be the oldest kids in class, while kids born before July would go earlier and be the youngest kids in class. So you might expect 50% or maybe a little more to be born in the 'next' year, and 50% or a little less to be born in the earlier year. Much like Clark, I was born in mid-December, and turned 18 as a senior in HS. As far as I know, that is utterly normal.
    I think typical is starting college at anywhere from 17 years 8 months, to about 19 years. Multiple provinces in Canada, maybe the whole country, use calendar year cutoffs so a December birthdate, you would start Kindergarten at age 4 and 8 months. Ontario used to have grade 13 which made for older freshmen but ended it in I think 2003. So typically, itís just the Quebec kids that would be older.

Let's go RED!

Britta Curl was named to the first team All US HS team by USA Today, no shocker there. Casey O'Brien was named to the 3rd team as a sophomore, that is a bit of a shocker being so young. She put up 70 pts and lead SSM in scoring. I thought for sure MacKenna Webster would be on that list, but O'Brien beat her out. MacKenna Webster was second on the team in scoring with only 64 pts as a sophomore.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Britta Curl was named to the first team All US HS team by USA Today, no shocker there. Casey O'Brien was named to the 3rd team as a sophomore, that is a bit of a shocker being so young. She put up 70 pts and lead SSM in scoring. I thought for sure MacKenna Webster would be on that list, but O'Brien beat her out. MacKenna Webster was second on the team in scoring with only 64 pts as a sophomore.
    A bit early in the day for you to be tipping back the thinner, eh. You might want to go over who was on the first team again...

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    A bit early in the day for you to be tipping back the thinner, eh. You might want to go over who was on the first team again...
    Ha! I didn't click the over arrow and only saw 5 players on the first team....by golly Webster was there on the first team! Thanks for pointing that out. So Webster had less points but was on the first team over O'Brien.

Ha! I didn't click the over arrow and only saw 5 players on the first team....by golly Webster was there on the first team! Thanks for pointing that out. So Webster had less points but was on the first team over O'Brien.
    Not much difference between the two. It's kind of a meaningless list when their linemate from the U18 team doesn't even make the list playing for a tier 1 team in the Chicago Mission. And how is Dominique Petrie not on this list for any of the three teams?
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-13-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Not much difference between the two. It kind of a meaningless list when their linemate from the U18 team doesn't even make the list playing for a tier 1 team in the Chicago Mission. And how is Dominique Petrie not on this list for any of the three teams?
    Youíre right- I believe itís just girls who played for their high school teams. The Chicago Mission and other AAA tier 1 teams donít count. So the list leaves out some of the best players in the country. Meaningless is right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    You’re right- I believe it’s just girls who played for their high school teams. The Chicago Mission and other AAA tier 1 teams don’t count. So the list leaves out some of the best players in the country. Meaningless is right!
    So where does Shattuck fit into this scenario? Aren't they consdiered tier 1?

So where does Shattuck fit into this scenario? Aren't they consdiered tier 1?
    Yes, but SSM is also a high school and they are the high school's team.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Time to update the spreadsheet...an 8th grader just committed.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    Time to update the spreadsheet...an 8th grader just committed.
    Come on with the name, quit teasing.

Come on with the name, quit teasing.
    Kirsten Simms, F, Little Cesarís u16. 2004/2022

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it...
    This young gal has an 8-31-2004 birth date and she is currently 13 years old...

Cheese and rice, with this trend what's next? A 7th grader committing?

Let's go RED!

If this is true and I have no reason to doubt it...
    This young gal has an 8-31-2004 birth date and she is currently 13 years old...

Cheese and rice, with this trend what's next? A 7th grader committing?
    My sons committed to UW at conception.

My sons committed to UW at conception.
    With possible recruiting restrictions coming soon there may be a flurry of early commitments announced in the next month. Time will tell.

Not much difference between the two. It's kind of a meaningless list when their linemate from the U18 team doesn't even make the list playing for a tier 1 team in the Chicago Mission. And how is Dominique Petrie not on this list for any of the three teams?
    Because she is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    Because she is overrated
    I'm assuming you mean Petrie? That may be true although I thought she had a good U18 tournament playing on a line with Curl and Heise.

Thread Information