Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    And each upperclassman on that team will be so inspired by the rookies that they will raise their own play to unprecedented levels.
    Unprecedented levels of futility against the fighting nurses or other EZAC opponents like the toothpaste squad?
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...
    I said yes...War." Steven Wright

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Unprecedented levels of futility against the fighting nurses or other EZAC opponents like the toothpaste squad?
    The precedented level of futility was that ugly losing streak to the rodents years ago. The fighting nurses and toothpaste deal will never get to that level. No futility streak will lever get to that level. EVER.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The precedented level of futility was that ugly losing streak to the rodents years ago. The fighting nurses and toothpaste deal will never get to that level. No futility streak will lever get to that level. EVER.
    Good point, that's why you could never hate the fighting nurses or the toothpaste squad as much as the rodents. It also explains why you got to the point where you were addicted to the thinner.
    "For absolutely no reason we went to Canada and when we were coming back over the border they asked us if we had anything to declare...

Maddi Wheeler got invited to the Canadian national camp, the youngest player invited. She is in the same recruiting class as Makenna Webster, another young phenom. Those 2 in the same class with Casey O'Brien may be the best recruiting class ever, so who knows, but as constructed now that is a vaunting trio. All 3 are Olympic caliber.
    The scouting website Neutral Zone (www.neutralzone.net) rates the trio you mention very highly. Webster is their #2 ranked player, O'Brien #4 and Wheeler #5. Overall, the number 2 ranked class at this early date.

I would guess that if UW got to the Frozen Four every year for the next 12 years, and lost each year to either Clarkson or Colgate, that would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    BTW:
    somewhere along the way, they 'decided' the dates for all but one of the home series (before this, they had all three days - Fri, Sat, Sun - listed on the schedule).

Personally, both ends of the Princeton series - Fri night, Sunday afternoon - are likely to be head up against volleyball, and the first Duluth game - Saturday - might be, too. And the second Gopher game - Sunday - might be up against a Packer game.
    I'd still like to get a copy of your spreadsheet somehow That possible ? This forum doesn't seem to support private messages, but I could give you my email address somehow. I've done similar spreadsheets in the past but haven't yet for this year.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Leather helmet View Post
    I would guess that if UW got to the Frozen Four every year for the next 12 years, and lost each year to either Clarkson or Colgate, that would be worse.
    There would not be enough paint thinner on earth to help me deal with that.

Let's go RED!

Good point, that's why you could never hate the fighting nurses or the toothpaste squad as much as the rodents. It also explains why you got to the point where you were addicted to the thinner.
    I have to say the nurses are nearing the rodents on the hate meter. As I have stated before, in a rodent/nurses match-up I'm rodents all the way.

Let's go RED!

The scouting website Neutral Zone (www.neutralzone.net) rates the trio you mention very highly. Webster is their #2 ranked player, O'Brien #4 and Wheeler #5. Overall, the number 2 ranked class at this early date.
    The Neutral Zone is a pay to read site, correct? If you would be so kind and drop the top 10 on us that would be very nice of you.

https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...nal-title.aspx LGT
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Some planet-friendly alternatives to paint thinner, just in case.

https://itchyfish.com/guide-to-paint...-alternatives/

I have to say the nurses are nearing the rodents on the hate meter. As I have stated before, in a rodent/nurses match-up I'm rodents all the way.
    In 2014 and 2017 you rooted for the rodents?

At least the nurses know how to say knighty knight to the rodents in the FF.

The Neutral Zone is a pay to read site, correct? If you would be so kind and drop the top 10 on us that would be very nice of you.
    I have a list of Gopher and BADger recruits from before when there was still some information you could get for free...Not so anymore so this is what I have at this point.

1. Abbey Murphy - GOPHER recruit
    2. Makenna Webster - BADger recruit
    3. Maggie Nicholson - GOPHER recruit
    4. Casey O'Brien - BADger recruit
    5. Maddie Wheeler - BADger recruit
    6. ? ( I think this may be where they have Olivia Mobley - Bobcats recruit listed)
    7. Addie Burton - GOPHER recruit
    8. ? (I think Lily Delianedis is either here or 9th Cornell recruit)
    9. ?
    10 ?
    11. Anne Cherkowski - GOPHER recruit

These do change periodically so there may be some changes to the top ten as time goes along.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-07-2018 at 05:37 PM.

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Do you know who or what the Neutral Zone is? I ask because those rankings seem rather biased toward the Midwest, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time in women's hockey that that's been the case.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Do you know who or what the Neutral Zone is? I ask because those rankings seem rather biased toward the Midwest, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time in women's hockey that that's been the case.
    Some of them may not originally be from the Midwest but they will go there if they want to be their best! Wonder if the Trump tariffs will hurt the Midwest #1 Import/ Export? Hockey players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiveholio View Post
    Some of them may not originally be from the Midwest but they will go there if they want to be their best! Wonder if the Trump tariffs will hurt the Midwest #1 Import/ Export? Hockey players.
    I heard he's gonna build a wall around both Wisconsin and MinnesOta.....and Clarkson's gonna pay for it?!

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    From their website...

https://www.neutralzone.net/womens/our-team/

The US 2002 birth-year players are very strong. We have seen three of the top four players (Murphy, Webster and O'Brien) on a line together with the US U18 team. They were dynamite together. No conspiracy there.

It will be interesting to see the 2020/2021 Gopher and BADger recruiting classes compete in their careers against each other.

This may or may not have been seen by some of the Wisconsin faithful but here is some scouting summaries from Neutral Zone in the summer of 2016 for BADger recruits.

Chayla Edwards, 2001, D, Pittsburgh Pens Elite – "Good sized, mobile defenseman who is immediately and consistently noticeable. Above average feet and skating for her age. Heavy shot from the blue line, and she gets it off rather quickly. She could improve upon her decision making with the puck on the breakout and through the neutral zone. An area for improvement rather than an area of weakness."

Teagan Grant, 2001, D, Toronto Jr. Aeros – "Outstanding offensive defenseman. Skating is incredibly fluid and allowed her to rush the puck successfully multiple times throughout the tournament. Skating also makes her very difficult to beat defensively – both off of the rush and down low – as she can mirror offensive players or recover very quickly if needed. Another clear D1 talent who impacts the game and is a difference maker."

MaKenna Webster, 2002, F, Shattuck St. Mary’s – "Absolute top end talent. Explosive first few steps and her top speed is better than those older than her. Most impressive is her agility and lateral movement, as she can go east/west in a way that makes opposing defenders make mistakes and miss. Always around the net with that type of speed and skill. Clear National Team player down the road. An incredible get for Shattuck St. Mary’s."

Maddie Wheeler, 2002, F, Napean Junior Wildcats PWHL – "Excellent pivot with her skating. Low center of gravity with great posture and therefore great efficiency as a skater. Gets to top speed pretty quickly, and playing in her age group, her skating allows her to be noticeable and effective most every shift. Very complete as well as she can create separation speed offensively while also providing excellent back pressure defensively. Well-rounded, future D1 player."

Let's go RED!

This may or may not have been seen by some of the Wisconsin faithful but here is some scouting summaries from Neutral Zone in the summer of 2016 for BADger recruits.

Chayla Edwards, 2001, D, Pittsburgh Pens Elite – "Good sized, mobile defenseman who is immediately and consistently noticeable. Above average feet and skating for her age. Heavy shot from the blue line, and she gets it off rather quickly. She could improve upon her decision making with the puck on the breakout and through the neutral zone. An area for improvement rather than an area of weakness."

Teagan Grant, 2001, D, Toronto Jr. Aeros – "Outstanding offensive defenseman. Skating is incredibly fluid and allowed her to rush the puck successfully multiple times throughout the tournament. Skating also makes her very difficult to beat defensively – both off of the rush and down low – as she can mirror offensive players or recover very quickly if needed. Another clear D1 talent who impacts the game and is a difference maker."

MaKenna Webster, 2002, F, Shattuck St. Mary’s – "Absolute top end talent. Explosive first few steps and her top speed is better than those older than her. Most impressive is her agility and lateral movement, as she can go east/west in a way that makes opposing defenders make mistakes and miss. Always around the net with that type of speed and skill. Clear National Team player down the road. An incredible get for Shattuck St. Mary’s."

Maddie Wheeler, 2002, F, Napean Junior Wildcats PWHL – "Excellent pivot with her skating. Low center of gravity with great posture and therefore great efficiency as a skater. Gets to top speed pretty quickly, and playing in her age group, her skating allows her to be noticeable and effective most every shift. Very complete as well as she can create separation speed offensively while also providing excellent back pressure defensively. Well-rounded, future D1 player."
    That was really nice of you. I must say if I had done this for you, I would have probably done a little editing, you know what I mean? Here's an example:

Sally Smith 2002, F Rabid Bat HS - Fair sized, skates like she is dragging a 50# anchor behind her, hands like bricks, pivots ok but falls down a lot, soft shot that is so slow it throws the goalie's timing off, solid blue line to blue line, doesn't get the net much, great shot blocker when she gets into the D zone before the puck comes back out. A great get for BC.

Disclaimer: The player described above is totally fictional and any resemblance to an existing, past or present player is strictly coincidental.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 08-10-2018 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Discalimer

That was really nice of you. I must say if I had done this for you, I would have probably done a little editing, you know what I mean? Here's an example:

Sally Smith 2002, F Rabid Bat HS - Fair sized, skates like she is dragging a 50# anchor behind her, hands like bricks, pivots ok but falls down a lot, soft shot that is so slow it throws the goalie's timing off, solid blue line to blue line, doesn't get the net much, great shot blocker when she gets into the D zone before the puck comes back out. A great get for BC.

Disclaimer: The player described above is totally fictional and any resemblance to an existing, past or present player is strictly coincidental.
    Disclaimer is a good idea...

A number of players that were summarized from this a couple of years ago will be interesting to see when they arrive on campuses in the next couple of years as to how they match up to the scouting reports. Some things can change in 2 to 3 years

Thread Information