Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

On the goalie front, no one red-shirted last year and there are no indications if any will redshirt this year. MJ is tighter with info than Belichick or Joe Stalin. Campbell, Cece, Baldwin are Jr's, Blesi So, Kronish Fr. If all stays as is, Blesi and Kronish will back up 2 more years, then they will contend for the starting spot. Of course, if Kronish comes in and is crazy good, she could supplant Soup, I suppose so could Blesi and Cece as well. I can't imagine Soup losing the starting role considering she blew the coaches away when she arrived and I doubt she'll take the foot off the gas this offseason. My brain tells me to extend Blesi's and Kronish's time @ UW and redshirt them both, then Blesi gets 2 years to contend and Kronish gets 3 years. Pure speculation. It will be totally fascinating to see how MJ handles the situation.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    On the goalie front, no one red-shirted last year and there are no indications if any will redshirt this year. MJ is tighter with info than Belichick or Joe Stalin. Campbell, Cece, Baldwin are Jr's, Blesi So, Kronish Fr. If all stays as is, Blesi and Kronish will back up 2 more years, then they will contend for the starting spot. Of course, if Kronish comes in and is crazy good, she could supplant Soup, I suppose so could Blesi and Cece as well. I can't imagine Soup losing the starting role considering she blew the coaches away when she arrived and I doubt she'll take the foot off the gas this offseason. My brain tells me to extend Blesi's and Kronish's time @ UW and redshirt them both, then Blesi gets 2 years to contend and Kronish gets 3 years. Pure speculation. It will be totally fascinating to see how MJ handles the situation.
    Kronish will red-shirt in 2018-2019

Comment

Originally posted by WH Fan View Post
      Kronish will red-shirt in 2018-2019
      Ah ha! Makes sense to a commoner like myself. Is there some sort of confirmation of this news?

Comment

Can't wait to see Clark and Pankowski back in cardinal and white. That is some serious talent to inject back into the lineup. I am behind the times on recruiting news, but we have some pretty good freshmen coming in next year right? Anyone have a link to the recruiting spreadsheet? It's been a while since I've seen that (and I have no idea who maintains it).

I predict another great season for the Badgers, hopefully this is the year they finally win the big one!

Comment

Originally posted by wiscolorado View Post
          Can't wait to see Clark and Pankowski back in cardinal and white. That is some serious talent to inject back into the lineup. I am behind the times on recruiting news, but we have some pretty good freshmen coming in next year right? Anyone have a link to the recruiting spreadsheet? It's been a while since I've seen that (and I have no idea who maintains it).

I predict another great season for the Badgers, hopefully this is the year they finally win the big one!
          Haven't you won it at least once already?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Haven't you won it at least once already?
            I think they did win the "big one", but he may have forgotten or perhaps the news hasn't reached Colorado yet? It was a looooooong time ago. How long ago you ask? It was so long ago that Shannon Miller wasn't even concerned yet about her team's lunch money as compared to the men's team, Brad Frost was yet to win the first "big one" himself as a head coach and former President Barack Obama still hadn't restocked his new fridge with Bud Light after his prior beer summit in the White House Rose Garden. That's how long ago.
            Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-25-2018, 01:04 PM. Reason: Bud Light? That explains a lot.
            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=645067474

Here's the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                I think they did win the "big one", but he may have forgotten or perhaps the news hasn't reached Colorado yet? It was a looooooong time ago. How long ago you ask? It was so long ago that Shannon Miller wasn't even concerned yet about her team's lunch money as compared to the men's team, Brad Frost was yet to win the first "big one" himself as a head coach and former President Barack Obama still hadn't restocked his new fridge with Bud Light after his prior beer summit in the White House Rose Garden. That's how long ago.
                Last UW national championship was 2011. I moved to Wisconsin in 2014. I've been lucky to see some great teams but no national championships!

Thanks! I remember hearing that Sophie Shirley is supposed to be dynamite; didn't she try to join the team for this season but couldn't for some reason? I'm looking forward to watching her play.

Anyone have any idea what the scouting report/expectations are for the rest of the freshmen coming in next year?

Comment

Last UW national championship was 2011. I moved to Wisconsin in 2014. I've been lucky to see some great teams but no national championships!
                  Thanks! I remember hearing that Sophie Shirley is supposed to be dynamite; didn't she try to join the team for this season but couldn't for some reason? I'm looking forward to watching her play.
                  Anyone have any idea what the scouting report/expectations are for the rest of the freshmen coming in next year?
                  They will all be extremely good players since Mark Johnson recruited them. The Badger's battles with my favorite team next season should be epic. I'll go back to the Gopher thread now before someone here tells me to.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-25-2018, 04:43 PM. Reason: The mascot Bucky Badger is very strange.
                  "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Curl is REALLY good. She was a top 2 line player for the US U18 team this year. Great vision, takes the puck to the net from anywhere. She looked very impressive. (The best player on the U18 team was Mackeena Webster who won't be at UW for 3 more years.) Shirley was rookie of the year in the CWHL, 19 pts in 26 games playing against players way older than her. She was supposed to come to UW this year but for whatever reason it didn't come together. Shirley is very highly regarded. Jesse DeVito is the 3rd forward coming in. Stats on her are hard to come by. Nicole Lamantia is the only d coming in, she has a lot of experience with the US U18 team. UW's returning 5 D, so Lamantia will be playing right away.

With Rowe playing forward, UW has 4 extra F (16), so it will be fascinating who cracks the top 12. There's no way MJ is ever running only 3 lines.

Comment

The best player on the U18 team was Mackeena Webster who won't be at UW for 3 more years
                      So she was voted the top forward and the tournament MVP, right?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Curl is REALLY good. She was a top 2 line player for the US U18 team this year. Great vision, takes the puck to the net from anywhere. She looked very impressive. (The best player on the U18 team was Mackeena Webster who won't be at UW for 3 more years.) Shirley was rookie of the year in the CWHL, 19 pts in 26 games playing against players way older than her. She was supposed to come to UW this year but for whatever reason it didn't come together. Shirley is very highly regarded. Jesse DeVito is the 3rd forward coming in. Stats on her are hard to come by. Nicole Lamantia is the only d coming in, she has a lot of experience with the US U18 team. UW's returning 5 D, so Lamantia will be playing right away.

With Rowe playing forward, UW has 4 extra F (16), so it will be fascinating who cracks the top 12. There's no way MJ is ever running only 3 lines.
                        A+ insight Timothy A, exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to buy you a beer at the Nitty sometime next season!

Why would Rowe play forward if they only have 6 other D next season? How much did she play forward last season? I'll admit I had no idea that she had ever played anywhere other than D for the Badgers.

Sounds like there's a lot to look forward to in Madison. If the players coming in are as advertised it's hard to see a season in the near future where the Badgers are not capable of contending for an NCAA championship. The biggest question mark seems to be goaltending; that of course can make or break a team. Campbell had a great season and I have no worries that she's capable of shouldering the load for the next two years but the frozen four performance definitely left me missing ARD.

Comment

A+ insight Timothy A, exactly what I was looking for. I'll have to buy you a beer at the Nitty sometime next season!

Why would Rowe play forward if they only have 6 other D next season? How much did she play forward last season? I'll admit I had no idea that she had ever played anywhere other than D for the Badgers.
                          Thanks.

Rowe was the 7th D coming into last season, and she played so well on Roque's line at F I can't see MJ moving her back to D full time when Lamantia is highly regarded @ D. She did play a little D this year when they had some injuries, so she is a capable backup @ D. Curl and Shirley would slot in above her on the depth chart along with Pankowski and Clark, but she's played ahead of Hanzlick, Posick and Drake already, the info out there on DeVito is hard to come by so far, so one would think Rowe is ahead of her too, which puts her in the top 12 F. If Rowe is a better D than Lamantia in camp, I could see her back at D. The bottom line is of course MJ will put the players in the best positions to succeed and we'll get to enjoy the results, but it is fun to try and read the tea leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            So she was voted the top forward and the tournament MVP, right?
                            Hey, these Cardinal and White glasses work really well, I'll send you a set. I voted for the all tournament F's to be Curl, Webster and O'Brien.

Comment

I voted for the all tournament F's to be Curl, Webster and O'Brien.
                              I would expect nothing less...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                              X