Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fiveholio View Post
    Some of them may not originally be from the Midwest but they will go there if they want to be their best! Wonder if the Trump tariffs will hurt the Midwest #1 Import/ Export? Hockey players.
    I heard he's gonna build a wall around both Wisconsin and MinnesOta.....and Clarkson's gonna pay for it?!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2018-2019

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      Do you know who or what the Neutral Zone is? I ask because those rankings seem rather biased toward the Midwest, although I guess it wouldn't be the first time in women's hockey that that's been the case.
      From their website...

https://www.neutralzone.net/womens/our-team/

The US 2002 birth-year players are very strong. We have seen three of the top four players (Murphy, Webster and O'Brien) on a line together with the US U18 team. They were dynamite together. No conspiracy there.

It will be interesting to see the 2020/2021 Gopher and BADger recruiting classes compete in their careers against each other.
      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

This may or may not have been seen by some of the Wisconsin faithful but here is some scouting summaries from Neutral Zone in the summer of 2016 for BADger recruits.

Chayla Edwards, 2001, D, Pittsburgh Pens Elite – "Good sized, mobile defenseman who is immediately and consistently noticeable. Above average feet and skating for her age. Heavy shot from the blue line, and she gets it off rather quickly. She could improve upon her decision making with the puck on the breakout and through the neutral zone. An area for improvement rather than an area of weakness."

Teagan Grant, 2001, D, Toronto Jr. Aeros – "Outstanding offensive defenseman. Skating is incredibly fluid and allowed her to rush the puck successfully multiple times throughout the tournament. Skating also makes her very difficult to beat defensively – both off of the rush and down low – as she can mirror offensive players or recover very quickly if needed. Another clear D1 talent who impacts the game and is a difference maker."

MaKenna Webster, 2002, F, Shattuck St. Mary’s – "Absolute top end talent. Explosive first few steps and her top speed is better than those older than her. Most impressive is her agility and lateral movement, as she can go east/west in a way that makes opposing defenders make mistakes and miss. Always around the net with that type of speed and skill. Clear National Team player down the road. An incredible get for Shattuck St. Mary’s."

Maddie Wheeler, 2002, F, Napean Junior Wildcats PWHL – "Excellent pivot with her skating. Low center of gravity with great posture and therefore great efficiency as a skater. Gets to top speed pretty quickly, and playing in her age group, her skating allows her to be noticeable and effective most every shift. Very complete as well as she can create separation speed offensively while also providing excellent back pressure defensively. Well-rounded, future D1 player."

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
          This may or may not have been seen by some of the Wisconsin faithful but here is some scouting summaries from Neutral Zone in the summer of 2016 for BADger recruits.

Chayla Edwards, 2001, D, Pittsburgh Pens Elite – "Good sized, mobile defenseman who is immediately and consistently noticeable. Above average feet and skating for her age. Heavy shot from the blue line, and she gets it off rather quickly. She could improve upon her decision making with the puck on the breakout and through the neutral zone. An area for improvement rather than an area of weakness."

Teagan Grant, 2001, D, Toronto Jr. Aeros – "Outstanding offensive defenseman. Skating is incredibly fluid and allowed her to rush the puck successfully multiple times throughout the tournament. Skating also makes her very difficult to beat defensively – both off of the rush and down low – as she can mirror offensive players or recover very quickly if needed. Another clear D1 talent who impacts the game and is a difference maker."

MaKenna Webster, 2002, F, Shattuck St. Mary’s – "Absolute top end talent. Explosive first few steps and her top speed is better than those older than her. Most impressive is her agility and lateral movement, as she can go east/west in a way that makes opposing defenders make mistakes and miss. Always around the net with that type of speed and skill. Clear National Team player down the road. An incredible get for Shattuck St. Mary’s."

Maddie Wheeler, 2002, F, Napean Junior Wildcats PWHL – "Excellent pivot with her skating. Low center of gravity with great posture and therefore great efficiency as a skater. Gets to top speed pretty quickly, and playing in her age group, her skating allows her to be noticeable and effective most every shift. Very complete as well as she can create separation speed offensively while also providing excellent back pressure defensively. Well-rounded, future D1 player."
          That was really nice of you. I must say if I had done this for you, I would have probably done a little editing, you know what I mean? Here's an example:

Sally Smith 2002, F Rabid Bat HS - Fair sized, skates like she is dragging a 50# anchor behind her, hands like bricks, pivots ok but falls down a lot, soft shot that is so slow it throws the goalie's timing off, solid blue line to blue line, doesn't get the net much, great shot blocker when she gets into the D zone before the puck comes back out. A great get for BC.

Disclaimer: The player described above is totally fictional and any resemblance to an existing, past or present player is strictly coincidental.
          Last edited by Timothy A; 08-10-2018, 08:02 AM. Reason: Discalimer
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            That was really nice of you. I must say if I had done this for you, I would have probably done a little editing, you know what I mean? Here's an example:

Sally Smith 2002, F Rabid Bat HS - Fair sized, skates like she is dragging a 50# anchor behind her, hands like bricks, pivots ok but falls down a lot, soft shot that is so slow it throws the goalie's timing off, solid blue line to blue line, doesn't get the net much, great shot blocker when she gets into the D zone before the puck comes back out. A great get for BC.

Disclaimer: The player described above is totally fictional and any resemblance to an existing, past or present player is strictly coincidental.
            Disclaimer is a good idea...

A number of players that were summarized from this a couple of years ago will be interesting to see when they arrive on campuses in the next couple of years as to how they match up to the scouting reports. Some things can change in 2 to 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              Disclaimer is a good idea...

A number of players that were summarized from this a couple of years ago will be interesting to see when they arrive on campuses in the next couple of years as to how they match up to the scouting reports. Some things can change in 2 to 3 years
              I follow the Neutral Zone on twitter and no matter how many stars they rate the player, it's always a glowing review that makes you wonder when they aren't a 5 star recruit. Why can't we all just be honest with each other? The truth is the truth.

Comment

I follow the Neutral Zone on twitter and no matter how many stars they rate the player, it's always a glowing review that makes you wonder when they aren't a 5 star recruit. Why can't we all just be honest with each other? The truth is the truth.
                Pretty sure the coaches know how to look beyond the hype!
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                  Very true...Plus you can read between lines a bit with things they are not saying or kind of glossing over.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    The coaches and the players know reality/look beyond the hype, but if the Neutral Zone wants credibility with fans, they need to not hype everyone like they are the next Pavelski or Heatley.

Comment

The coaches and the players know reality/look beyond the hype, but if the Neutral Zone wants credibility with fans, they need to not hype everyone like they are the next Pavelski or Heatley.
                      Not trying to be a shill for NZ but to be fair here are some additional summaries from that report that are not hype...Both players are, I believe, uncommitted.

Jenna Hallice, 2001, F, East Coast Wizards – "Small forward with an excellent hockey IQ and average skill set. Her general skills do not allow for separation from her peers, but instead her decisions with the puck and ability to make smart, simple plays will allow her to be a valuable member of any team she plays on. Very good with small, touch-oriented area passes. A valuable third line center type."

Olivia O’Brien, 2001, F, Tabor Academy – "Above average tools and only needs improved separation speed to become a top six forward on any team. Solid skill set and an above average shot. She understands the game and can create offense. A borderline D1 player who could blossom into a no- brainer with added strength and speed."

(Just a coincidence that I used East coast players as examples...)
                      Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 08-10-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

As a high-end hockey coach myself, I am intrigued by the girl from Rabid Bat HS. I am guano want to see more from her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          I agree that College coaches usually know what they’re looking for and it’s unlikeky that a D1 coach is going to be influenced by reading a scouting report online from Neutral Zone. Afterall, if the NZ scouts are so good why aren’t they coaching themselves instead of posting on the Internet? Guessing more parents & players follow NZ than D1 coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Sieve1 View Post
                            I agree that College coaches usually know what they’re looking for and it’s unlikeky that a D1 coach is going to be influenced by reading a scouting report online from Neutral Zone. Afterall, if the NZ scouts are so good why aren’t they coaching themselves instead of posting on the Internet? Guessing more parents & players follow NZ than D1 coaches.
                            Its amazing how NZ scouts can break down a players complete career from watching one game. The scouts are amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                              As a high-end hockey coach myself, I am intrigued by the girl from Rabid Bat HS. I am guano want to see more from her.
                              She's already committed to BC; unless you want and try and flip her.

Comment

Hockey talk...with 16F / 6D, I wonder if Rowe moves back to D and competes with LaMantia for the 6 spot? She was a revelation playing F last year, but UW is bringing in 4 to 5 players with either a better pedigree or a better proven scorer, so where she slots in will be interesting to watch either at F or D. I have to think last year's 4th line will end up being the 5th line this year, again based on what I said above, but until we get a report from a practice who is playing with who we won't know. The suspense in killing me. Hopefully all the players had healthy summers and hit the ice better than ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X