2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
    Exactly my point on recruiting frosh. Sounds like Penn State is fortunate that she waited until she was a sophomore to commit. Players are committing earlier and earlier. Webster committed as an 8th grader.
    On the mens' side, commitments mean nothing. You recruit up to the NLI.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

I agree with joecct. The saying goes "In hockey a 15 year old girl is the same player as a 19 year old player but a19 year old boy could be drastically different than a 15 year old boy.". That's why most guys have to play 2 yrs of juniors.

Comment

Rumor that Jenna Brennaman junior goalie is transferring in

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
          I agree with joecct. The saying goes "In hockey a 15 year old girl is the same player as a 19 year old player but a19 year old boy could be drastically different than a 15 year old boy.". That's why most guys have to play 2 yrs of juniors.
          I understand what you are getting at but to be clear, you want the 15 year old player that has all of the tools who will improve every year and is a much better player as a 19 year old. I have seen many that are the same at 19 as they were at 15 and that is not what you want and it does happen.

Comment

Originally posted by oggie View Post
            Rumor that Jenna Brennaman junior goalie is transferring in
            Makes sense. Her chances of getting meaningful playing time at Clarkson went south with Sauve coming in from tOSU.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Makes sense. Her chances of getting meaningful playing time at Clarkson went south with Sauve coming in from tOSU.
              Brenneman had a solid high school career, so she's no slouch, but being on a roster behind Shea Tiley meant very little playing time for her at Clarkson. You're right - it would have been even more of the same behind Kassidy Sauve, so Penn State is a good move for her.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                Brenneman had a solid high school career, so she's no slouch, but being on a roster behind Shea Tiley meant very little playing time for her at Clarkson. You're right - it would have been even more of the same behind Kassidy Sauve, so Penn State is a good move for her.
                Perfect bridge to the 20 season. Psu has great class coming in 20 and is probably shooting for 22 when the host the frozen 4

Comment

So far, the only CHA team to post a 2018-19 schedule is RIT, so those two weekends are set. I really wonder what RIT head coach Scott McDonald is going to do to change things around after an embarrassing 2017-18 season for RIT.

Penn State still hasn't added junior transfer Jenna Brenneman to the online roster, so I hope that's nothing more than lazy website updating.

Comment

Since there's no hockey news coming out of Penn State, I'll go with the weather and this current heatwave. I went outside yesterday for about ten minutes and felt sick - I don't know how anybody goes to a beach or throws a barbecue when it's in the 90s outside. My Minnesota blood is having none of that. I think I have RHS (Reverse Hibernation Syndrome) - in summer I want to duct tape myself to the air conditioner and do nothing, but when summer is finally over I have energy again. Does anybody have a Siberia retreat they want to rent out for the summer?

Comment

Not Siberia but it's almost always chilly in Grand Marais.

https://superiorshores.com/lodging/b...iAAEgIU0fD_BwE

https://www.vrbo.com/results/usa/min...FRNFAQod-wUFkQ
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                        Grand Marais works for me!

Not Penn State news, but still CHA news - Syracuse has released its 2018-19 schedule:
                        https://cuse.com/schedule.aspx?path=wice

Comment

According to schedules across the conferences, here is the 2018-19 Penn State schedule so far, and no WCHA opponents for 2018-19, which is unusual.

Sep. 28-29 vs Colgate (at Colgate)
                          Oct. 5-6 vs Merrimack (at Penn State)
                          Nov. 3-4 vs Syracuse (at Penn State)
                          Nov. 16-17 vs RPI (at RPI)
                          Nov. 20-21 vs RIT (at Penn State)
                          Jan. 25-26 vs Syracuse (at Syracuse)
                          Jan. 29 vs Princeton (at Princeton)
                          Feb. 22-23 vs RIT (at RIT)

Comment

Originally posted by oggie View Post
                            His 2020 class are all his. Bothun was all set to commit to Princeton until he left. Saw her play at NAHA was best goalie there. https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/leaders
                            She should be the U-18 national team goalie this year. Lead team MN to 2nd place finish 2014 WSI in Bolzano was goalie of tournament. Already compared with Raty who happens to be her goalie trainer.
                            I think the only person comparing her to Raty is oggie! Word on the street she flopped in Maine being the worst of the 6. I'm sure oggie has a different opinion on that.
                            Last edited by Crankyape; 07-03-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crankyape View Post
                              I think the only person comparing her to Raty is oggie! Word on the street she flopped in Maine being the worst of the 6. I'm sure oggie has a different opinion on that.
                              Interesting you say that, you must be plugged in.

Comment

Heard different, Just stirring the pot.

Comment

Working...
                                X