Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 239

Thread: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Makes sense. Her chances of getting meaningful playing time at Clarkson went south with Sauve coming in from tOSU.
    Brenneman had a solid high school career, so she's no slouch, but being on a roster behind Shea Tiley meant very little playing time for her at Clarkson. You're right - it would have been even more of the same behind Kassidy Sauve, so Penn State is a good move for her.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    11

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Brenneman had a solid high school career, so she's no slouch, but being on a roster behind Shea Tiley meant very little playing time for her at Clarkson. You're right - it would have been even more of the same behind Kassidy Sauve, so Penn State is a good move for her.
    Perfect bridge to the 20 season. Psu has great class coming in 20 and is probably shooting for 22 when the host the frozen 4

  3. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    So far, the only CHA team to post a 2018-19 schedule is RIT, so those two weekends are set. I really wonder what RIT head coach Scott McDonald is going to do to change things around after an embarrassing 2017-18 season for RIT.

    Penn State still hasn't added junior transfer Jenna Brenneman to the online roster, so I hope that's nothing more than lazy website updating.

  4. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Since there's no hockey news coming out of Penn State, I'll go with the weather and this current heatwave. I went outside yesterday for about ten minutes and felt sick - I don't know how anybody goes to a beach or throws a barbecue when it's in the 90s outside. My Minnesota blood is having none of that. I think I have RHS (Reverse Hibernation Syndrome) - in summer I want to duct tape myself to the air conditioner and do nothing, but when summer is finally over I have energy again. Does anybody have a Siberia retreat they want to rent out for the summer?

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,514

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Grand Marais works for me!

    Not Penn State news, but still CHA news - Syracuse has released its 2018-19 schedule:
    https://cuse.com/schedule.aspx?path=wice

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    According to schedules across the conferences, here is the 2018-19 Penn State schedule so far, and no WCHA opponents for 2018-19, which is unusual.

    Sep. 28-29 vs Colgate (at Colgate)
    Oct. 5-6 vs Merrimack (at Penn State)
    Nov. 3-4 vs Syracuse (at Penn State)
    Nov. 16-17 vs RPI (at RPI)
    Nov. 20-21 vs RIT (at Penn State)
    Jan. 25-26 vs Syracuse (at Syracuse)
    Jan. 29 vs Princeton (at Princeton)
    Feb. 22-23 vs RIT (at RIT)

  8. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    6

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by oggie View Post
    His 2020 class are all his. Bothun was all set to commit to Princeton until he left. Saw her play at NAHA was best goalie there. https://www.mngirlshockeyhub.com/leaders
    She should be the U-18 national team goalie this year. Lead team MN to 2nd place finish 2014 WSI in Bolzano was goalie of tournament. Already compared with Raty who happens to be her goalie trainer.
    I think the only person comparing her to Raty is oggie! Word on the street she flopped in Maine being the worst of the 6. I'm sure oggie has a different opinion on that.
    Last edited by Crankyape; 07-03-2018 at 10:57 PM.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    11

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Crankyape View Post
    I think the only person comparing her to Raty is oggie! Word on the street she flopped in Maine being the worst of the 6. I'm sure oggie has a different opinion on that.
    Interesting you say that, you must be plugged in.

  10. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    35

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Heard different, Just stirring the pot.

  11. #91
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    With 13 teams still to post a schedule for 2018-19, and after the 16 remaining CHA games are added to the Penn State schedule somewhere, there's only one (maybe two) open weekend series left available against a non-CHA opponent.

    The non-CHA teams Penn State for sure won't play are St. Lawrence, Yale, Harvard, Quinnipiac, Brown, UConn, and Northeastern, and they won't play any WCHA teams in 2018-19.

    Minus those 16 remaining CHA games that will be in here somewhere, this is what's set so far for 2018-19 (and yes, I know I'm obsessing, but I'm bored):

    Sep. 28-29 vs Colgate (at Colgate)
    Oct. 5-6 vs Merrimack (at Penn State)
    Oct. 12-13 vs Union (at Union)
    Nov. 3-4 vs Syracuse (at Penn State)
    Nov. 16-17 vs RPI (at RPI)
    Nov. 20-21 vs RIT (at Penn State)
    Jan. 25-26 vs Syracuse (at Syracuse)
    Jan. 29 vs Princeton (at Princeton)
    Feb. 22-23 vs RIT (at RIT)

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Still no sign of Clarkson's Jenna Brenneman on the 2018-19 Penn State roster, and no 2018-19 schedule yet, either. On the academic side, Penn State had five players named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars for 2017-18, and junior Katie McMillan (Minnetonka, MN/Business Administration) was one of 13 Penn State student-athletes with a perfect 4.0 GPA.

    https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...027137/photo/1

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Still no sign of Clarkson's Jenna Brenneman on the 2018-19 Penn State roster, and no 2018-19 schedule yet, either. On the academic side, Penn State had five players named Big Ten Distinguished Scholars for 2017-18, and junior Katie McMillan (Minnetonka, MN/Business Administration) was one of 13 Penn State student-athletes with a perfect 4.0 GPA.

    https://twitter.com/PennStateWHKY/st...027137/photo/1
    Love the Academic side of it, major Kudos. Maybe it's because those particular athlete's "were all set to commit to Princeton" before they decided on Penn State. What do you think Oggie?

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Down to five Hockey East teams (BC, BU, Holy Cross, UNH, and Providence) still to post a 2018-19 schedule, and Lindenwood in the CHA to do the same. This is what the schedule looks like right now - four Lindenwood games will be added somewhere, for a total of 30 games, so there will also probably be two additional weekend series with the remaining Hockey East teams:

    Sep. 28-29 vs Colgate (at Colgate)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 5-6 vs Merrimack (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 12-13 vs Union (at Union)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 26-27 vs Mercyhurst (at Mercyhurst)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 3-4 vs Syracuse (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 16-17 vs RPI (at RPI)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 20-21 vs RIT (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 30-Dec.1 vs Robert Morris (at Robert Morris)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 8 vs Cornell (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 25-26 vs Syracuse (at Syracuse)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 29 vs Princeton (at Princeton)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 8-9 vs Robert Morris (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 15-16 vs Mercyhurst (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 22-23 vs RIT (at RIT)
    --------------------------------------------------------

  15. #95

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,617
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Down to five Hockey East teams (BC, BU, Holy Cross, UNH, and Providence) still to post a 2018-19 schedule, and Lindenwood in the CHA to do the same. This is what the schedule looks like right now - four Lindenwood games will be added somewhere, for a total of 30 games, so there will also probably be two additional weekend series with the remaining Hockey East teams:

    Sep. 28-29 vs Colgate (at Colgate)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 5-6 vs Merrimack (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 12-13 vs Union (at Union)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Oct. 26-27 vs Mercyhurst (at Mercyhurst)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 3-4 vs Syracuse (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 16-17 vs RPI (at RPI)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 20-21 vs RIT (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Nov. 30-Dec.1 vs Robert Morris (at Robert Morris)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 8 vs Cornell (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 25-26 vs Syracuse (at Syracuse)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Jan. 29 vs Princeton (at Princeton)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 8-9 vs Robert Morris (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 15-16 vs Mercyhurst (at Penn State)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Feb. 22-23 vs RIT (at RIT)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    As a straight D2 school, isn't Lindenwood limited to 30 games?

  16. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    431

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    As a straight D2 school, isn't Lindenwood limited to 30 games?
    I don't know anything about Lindenwood except that we get two weekend series (four games) with them in a season.

  17. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    As a straight D2 school, isn't Lindenwood limited to 30 games?
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    I don't know anything about Lindenwood except that we get two weekend series (four games) with them in a season.
    Me either, but I know Lindenwood played 30 last year (not counting the exhibiton), but played 34 the two years before that. is the 30 game limit new? RIT is a D3 school but plays the full 34 games...
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2018-2019: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem18

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  18. #98
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,326

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Also, it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, but RIT's head coach Scott McDonald left the team, so it will be interesting to see how that affects the upcoming season. http://ritathletics.com/news/2018/7/...key-coach.aspx
    Atlantic Hockey Conference Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHCcomp
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHC Pick'em spreadsheet 2018-2019: http://tinyurl.com/AHCpickem18

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    92

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    Also, it hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet, but RIT's head coach Scott McDonald left the team, so it will be interesting to see how that affects the upcoming season. http://ritathletics.com/news/2018/7/...key-coach.aspx
    It was mentioned in the "McDonald Out at RIT" thread.

    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ald-out-at-RIT

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    307

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    It was mentioned in the "McDonald Out at RIT" thread.

    http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ald-out-at-RIT
    Although TBH that thread drifted a little, so you could be excused for not noticing that McDonald was out.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •