Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 114

Thread: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Watching the men's semifinal Frozen Four between UMD and Ohio State - count me in with anyone else who thinks all these media timeouts are killing the game.
    How many timeouts per game and for how long?

    I watched the end of the second; crowd didnít seem into it at all. We can hear the players yelling, the refs etc. Crowd was quiet. Kind of boring. Is that what you mean by media time outs killing the game?

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    How many timeouts per game and for how long?

    I watched the end of the second; crowd didnít seem into it at all. We can hear the players yelling, the refs etc. Crowd was quiet. Kind of boring. Is that what you mean by media time outs killing the game?
    Third was much more interesting!

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    How many timeouts per game and for how long?

    I watched the end of the second; crowd didn’t seem into it at all. We can hear the players yelling, the refs etc. Crowd was quiet. Kind of boring. Is that what you mean by media time outs killing the game?
    I just think additional timeouts kill the usual flow of a hockey game. Another thing I don't like is the camera angles they're using - it's hard to see plays develop when the cameras are at ice level. I was watching the feed from ESPN3, though, with nobody calling the game - maybe the regular ESPN stream was better.

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    I just think additional timeouts kill the usual flow of a hockey game. Another thing I don't like is the camera angles they're using - it's hard to see plays develop when the cameras are at ice level. I was watching the feed from ESPN3, though, with nobody calling the game - maybe the regular ESPN stream was better.
    Got it. Yeah they do kill the flow and aid the team with less depth. Some unusual camera angles at times on ESPN2 as well, but not too bad.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,299

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Got it. Yeah they do kill the flow and aid the team with less depth. Some unusual camera angles at times on ESPN2 as well, but not too bad.
    No complaints here, didn't seem any less disruptive than a typical men's college or NHL game. Then again I almost always record the games on the DVR and skip through all the commercials until I catch up to real time, usually in the 3rd period!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  6. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    No complaints here, didn't seem any less disruptive than a typical men's college or NHL game. Then again I almost always record the games on the DVR and skip through all the commercials until I catch up to real time, usually in the 3rd period!
    Who do you have in the men's championship? Notre Dame finished Michigan in an exciting way last night. Are they up for UMD?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,995
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    Who do you have in the men's championship? Notre Dame finished Michigan in an exciting way last night. Are they up for UMD?
    That's MDU according to the E$PN masterminds.

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,098

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    That's MDU according to the E$PN masterminds.
    For all they know it could be this...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahars...and_University

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    For all they know it could be this...

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahars...and_University
    Haha. It says they have a hockey team... ;-)

    It will be nuts if Notre Dame wins basketball and hockey a week or so apart.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    I sometimes miss my hometown of Duluth, and then I see pictures like these of Duluth in mid-April...

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

    https://www.facebook.com/larsonfordu...type=3&theater

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    I don't know who reads this fan forum, but just in case:

    Congratulations to Irene Kiroplis, Christi Vetter, Aly Hardy, Bella Sutton, and Hannah Ehresmann on your graduation from Penn State!

    It's funny sometimes to think back to the graduating seniors' first interviews as freshmen, and then hear what they have to say about their experiences at Penn State as they graduate and move on, and it's always cool to see how much they've grown as people.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Head coach Jeff Kampersal has announced his first recruiting class of incoming freshmen. He's got one each from Minnesota, North Dakota, New York, Ohio, Canada, and Sweden.

    http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...051518aaa.html

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Also, I just noticed that the roster has been updated for next season, and very experienced goalie Daniela Paniccia isn't on it. That puts Penn State down to two goalies: sophomore Chantal Burke, who got very limited playing time last season, and redshirt freshman Cam Leonard. That kind of scrambles things a bit.

    http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-...ockey-mtt.html
    Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 05-15-2018 at 07:31 PM.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Interesting factoids: Dobson was linked with Quinnipiac. Gangarosa was an I Am Sport feature for USA Today. Fidler was linked with Harvard. Promersberger played for the venerable Shattuck. Hemminger is a coach's daughter and Adolfson plays on the Swedish National Team. Four are D and two are forwards.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Interesting factoids: Dobson was linked with Quinnipiac. Gangarosa was an I Am Sport feature for USA Today. Fidler was linked with Harvard. Promersberger played for the venerable Shattuck. Hemminger is a coach's daughter and Adolfson plays on the Swedish National Team. Four are D and two are forwards.
    Columbus hockey Twitter was talking about Heminger yesterday - she is the first girl from Columbus AAA Blue Jackets to get a D1 scholarship, a big deal for the program. I think she did play her last couple years of high school out of state, although the Penn State release cites Columbus AAA Blue Jackets as her high school team.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    84

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    I think she did play her last couple years of high school out of state, although the Penn State release cites Columbus AAA Blue Jackets as her high school team.
    This past year she played with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite. The years prior to that she was with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    This past year she played with the Pittsburgh Penguins Elite. The years prior to that she was with the Columbus Blue Jackets.
    I see, thank you. I will be cheering for her.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    I see, thank you. I will be cheering for her.
    You won't be cheering for Kennedy Blair when she transfers to Penn State to fill the unexpected goalie gap

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    You won't be cheering for Kennedy Blair when she transfers to Penn State to fill the unexpected goalie gap
    Haha, no I wouldnít!

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The coast on the right
    Posts
    338

    Re: 2018-19 Penn State Nittany Lions

    Question O' The Day: is there any way Jeff Kampersal doesn't go out looking for a third goalie for Penn State next season, or does he just go with two?

    His problem is that the two current goalies on the roster represent a grand total of 69:32 playing time, all from sophomore-next-season Chantal Burke. Redshirt freshman Cam Leonard, obviously, saw no game time last season. Burke did look good between the pipes in her limited time last season, and Leonard has an impressive resume, so talent isn't an issue with either of them.

    What does Kampersal look for in a third goalie - a roster filler, or someone with experience who wants to transfer to Penn State?
    Does he let Burke shoulder the starter job as a sophomore with 69 minutes of D-1 experience, and grab an incoming freshman to be #3?
    How do you go about hunting for an upperclassman transfer?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •