Don Lucia steps down as Minnesota Gophers coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Don Lucia steps down as Minnesota Gophers coach

Pretty sure that's the lion's share of his compensation.

Comment

Motzko:

tMel said it was his dream job for MTU. He left.
      SCSU is 90 minutes from his family, he doesn't have to move them. I have co-workers that live that far away from work and commute.

That being said, he's not my first, nor second choice.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Motzko:

SCSU is 90 minutes from his family, he doesn't have to move them. I have co-workers that live that far away from work and commute.

No one is saying it is not possible.
        But...just for the sake of argument...Motzko was at MN 4 years...Mel was at Michigan how long? 20+...
        For me...the situation is not similar.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Lots of bunched up panties in Stearns County these days.
          Grab your Ski-Doo jackets and a sixer of Busch light and relax, Bloated Bobby isn't going to be offered this job.
          But if he leaves for some other reason don't worry - my left thumb doesn't have much to do, we could throw a pair of glasses and a striped red and black tie on it and it will look like Motzko never left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boot_Don_Lucia View Post
            Lots of bunched up panties in Stearns County these days.
            Grab your Ski-Doo jackets and a sixer of Busch light and relax, Bloated Bobby isn't going to be offered this job.
            But if he leaves for some other reason don't worry - my left thumb doesn't have much to do, we could throw a pair of glasses and a striped red and black tie on it and it will look like Motzko never left.
            That's ok...we wouldn't want your *** to get lonely.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The fun never ends.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                That’s probably just his contract not including outside compensation
                The $650,000 is salary and retirement compensation. Doesn't include any other income. It was stated elsewhere that York is estimated to makes over a million of total income, not just his compensation for coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  No one said it wasn't top 5. Koho said it was arguably the top job. When I asked him what criteria that was based on, he couldn't say.
                  I chose not to say, because there is probably only one person on here who disagrees and that person is too obtuse to ever accept what I write, so it is not worth my time.

(obtuse: annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand)

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                    I chose not to say, because there is probably only one person on here who disagrees and that person is too obtuse to ever accept what I write, so it is not worth my time.

(obtuse: annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand)
                    Someone's been watching Shawshank. What a big boy!
                    Originally posted by SJHovey
                    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                    Originally posted by Brenthoven
                    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Says the biggest clown in the history of this board. I'm crushed.
                      Now THAT'S a top 5 worthy of debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Motzko:

Someone get this info over to Bierman. The guy who isn't willing to spend $5 to watch a game doesn't want Bob Motzko to be the new coach. I hope they don't move forward in the process without your input.
                        Originally posted by SJHovey
                        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                        Originally posted by Brenthoven
                        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Someone get this info over to Bierman. The guy who isn't willing to spend $5 to watch a game doesn't want Bob Motzko to be the new coach. I hope they don't move forward in the process without your input.
                          He's not my top choice, Skippy McGee. There is a difference.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koho View Post
                            The $650,000 is salary and retirement compensation. Doesn't include any other income. It was stated elsewhere that York is estimated to makes over a million of total income, not just his compensation for coaching.
                            That is my understanding as well.
                            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Well, didn't have to wonder why I don't poke around DI anymore for long.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                                That is my understanding as well.
                                Hockey camps, paid appearances, etc, brings in a bit of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X