Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Woooooo!!!! Unbelievable. Now Hockey East is 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hockey View Post
    I'm confused. How could a team with as good a defense as BU's struggle much of the season and barely get into the tournament?
    Young team. Takes time to jell. Also learning from early season coaching mistakes. Put it all together and now you have one of the hottest teams in the country. This isn’t the “old style” wide open BU team of yesteryear. But it works for this group. They need to win with defense first and get opportunistic scoring.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Good game. Your goal ~30s after ours definitely changed the momentum of the game.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

LOVE playing first and winning. Can relax for the second game! Plenty of Cornell fans selling tix. Just paid $25 for lower bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    No, this is a typical regional crowd. What a joke.
    It really filled up. If this place sits 14K probably 10K.

Friar Fever.... be a believer!

Congratulations on the win Terriers!

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Good game. Your goal ~30s after ours definitely changed the momentum of the game.
    Yes. I actually thought the game would open up after that but it never did. A painstakingly nerve wracking defensive battle. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kbz View Post
    It really filled up. If this place sits 14K probably 10K.
    I knew it would. I have predicted it all week (thank you very much!).

Good crowd remaining for 2nd game as well

Also interesting that BU continued with the same break out strategy as last weekend. Almost exclusively up the boards. I don’t think I counted five times they went up the middle - and only when they had to.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hockey View Post
    I'm confused. How could a team with as good a defense as BU's struggle much of the season and barely get into the tournament?
    Very young team improving all season and excellent coaching starting to pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Good crowd remaining for 2nd game as well
    Yes. And I was just thinking about the discussion regarding a potential Portland regional. The problem is you never know what teams will be there, but they don’t have enough seats to accommodate today’s crowd, for example.

How is the size of the BU crowd versus the NU crowd? I couldn't make it out there today.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Hey we knew it all along. Never stopped believing even when times were tough.

Nice win. Nice that Quinn has learned how to coach and the talent on this team is really playing up to its potential. Haven't seen that combo happening at the same at BU since...since....hmmm...
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    How is the size of the BU crowd versus the NU crowd? I couldn't make it out there today.
    After that NU goal it is clear that NU has the most fans in Worcester by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofa View Post
    Bad coaching
    wow just go back to your basement. Pretty **** good coaching job getting this team to this point. Give credit when its due because you just lose all credibility (not that you really have any to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Slight edge to NU. But not huge. And not unexpected

NU v. Mich feels like BU v. Cornell in some ways. Tense and *** for tat. Perhaps not as physical.

Providence already has one up on Notre Dame. Bring back that Hockey East belt so we can beat you and unify it with the alternate belt!

Quote Originally Posted by BUPhD View Post
    NU v. Mich feels like BU v. Cornell in some ways. Tense and *** for tat. Perhaps not as physical.

Providence already has one up on Notre Dame. Bring back that Hockey East belt so we can beat you and unify it with the alternate belt!
    All four teams seemed a little tense. And the longer the game goes without any scoring the tighter it gets I thought the first game would open up a little after the two quick goals but it never did. And the seemingly slow ice is making it tough to generate a lot of speed which would also open the game up.

Quote Originally Posted by boots68 View Post
    wow just go back to your basement. Pretty **** good coaching job getting this team to this point. Give credit when its due because you just lose all credibility (not that you really have any to begin with).
    Who are you lightweight and clean up your filthy mouth. The question was why did they struggle this year. Most astute observers on here agree it was bad coaching. Get lost fanboy

Thread Information