Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Looks like the majority of tickets that have become "available" are in the Cornell and Michigan sections. Here's the latest recap:
    The DCU site shows that several hundred seats are available for Saturday (zoom in to see indivdual seats available), all but 2 in the upper bowl, and a few thousand seats are available for Sunday (zoom in to see indivdual seats available) in both upper and lower bowls.

I picked up my tickets up from BU and I noticed the face value for each day is $45. I paid $84 for both days through BU, a small savings of $6.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
      Now that I think about it, you're right.
      Thanks for posting anyways (and you were only off by a year! Did you happen to go the the FF in St. Louis in 1975?). After all: you know what you know, except when you don't. I thought 1990 was the first time the semifinals were played on the same day, but your post had me check and I realized that the 1975 semifinals had been played on the same day.

Sean

P.S. I have added the 1975 semifinals to my list previously posted, but as BU played the late game they still only lost the early game 4 times.

BU Hockey Games
      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        The DCU site shows that several hundred seats are available for Saturday (zoom in to see indivdual seats available), all but 2 in the upper bowl, and a few thousand seats are available for Sunday (zoom in to see indivdual seats available) in both upper and lower bowls.

I picked up my tickets up from BU and I noticed the face value for each day is $45. I paid $84 for both days through BU, a small savings of $6.

Sean
        There is literally ONE seat available in the lower bowl. In the upper bowl, just about every seat between the goals lines is sold (there are a four in Section 231). Obviously the balcony has been blocked off because it's in grey. Section 238 has 70 seats available (the most of any section I moused over). I still think there is going to be a great crowd tomorrow. As far as Sunday goes, it's pretty obvious that if it's Michigan/Cornell the place will be mostly empty.

Comment

I guess I'll buy a couple in 214? I wanted to wait until tomorrow morning and buy them in person to avoid the fees. But I also don't want to get out there and not be able to get two together, and since these are in/next to the BU section, might as well get them now?

Comment

There is $30.45 in fees if you buy them online?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
              There is $30.45 in fees if you buy them online?
              Why do you think I went in person? (Obviously I have an advantage being so close, but I figured I might as well capitalize on that). After paying $118 for two $41 Hockey East semi tickets, I knew what to expect...

Comment

Just a personal preference of mine but much rather sit in the 200s. Doesn't have to be center ice, but in a section on either side of center ice. Can see everything.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Just a personal preference of mine but much rather sit in the 200s. Doesn't have to be center ice, but in a section on either side of center ice. Can see everything.
                  Yeah, especially since those nets came in a few years ago. I don't like looking through them. The 100s are "OK" if you are at center ice, but once to get outside the blue lines it's tough to see down the other end.

And especially in Worcester I prefer the 200s because there aren't as many rows so even if you're at the top of the 100s you're not as high up as, say, at the Garden.

Comment

I'm guessing we'll be sticking with the Bob Marquis era jerseys? (we know we'll be wearing scarlet all weekend as the #4 seed)

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I'm guessing we'll be sticking with the Bob Marquis era jerseys? (we know we'll be wearing scarlet all weekend as the #4 seed)
                      I think you mean the Jack Garrity era uniforms. Bob wore the candy canes.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                      NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        I think you mean the Jack Garrity era uniforms. Bob wore the candy canes.

Sean
                        Yes. Good point.

Comment

I have to be in Concord MA by 7pm tonight so multiple OT’s today is pretty much guaranteed. You’ve been warned.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Any chance Quinn tries to get cute with the lineup today? Hoping it is either 11 forwards and seven D or 6D w/Farance and no 16 or 20 unless 7D. I also don’t care if he had the best week of practice, please no 8. 11-7 may give flexibility if misconduct or injury to D core.

Comment

I for one am thrilled that there will be a meaningful BU/Cornell game for the first time in a while. This is one of those old rivalries that needs to re-emerge.

Comment

I was expecting someone to be charging money as you enter 99 but nobody was there. Asked inside if it was ok to park here. Not sure i totally understood the answer but think it's ok. Maybe by time i am done eating someone will be out there charging money.

Comment

Working...
                                X