Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

I assume BU was going for this kid as well... not sure if we were ever in the running but the coaching ambiguity can’t be helping right now...

https://***********/mikegrinnell_/st...121938432?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      I assume BU was going for this kid as well... not sure if we were ever in the running but the coaching ambiguity can’t be helping right now...

https://***********/mikegrinnell_/st...121938432?s=21
      From what I heard, that would not be a smart assumption.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
        Felt Crone was not used properly the past season
        May have had issues with size and defense but a goal scorer which Bu needed being only about 6 deep at forward
        had non productive 3 and 4th line till the very end when Crone was used more
        Felt Crone was too slow. He has the skill though.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
          From what I heard, that would not be a smart assumption.
          Same, Quinn's staff tended not to go after kids with perceived attitude issues.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Not being able to get into Harvard is an attitude issue?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              No, I've seen numerous rumors that his parents are very...."involved" in his growth and that he's not the most coachable player. Again, rumors, but Quinn's staff did not tend to go after guys who had these kinds of question marks. It's similar reasoning why they didn't even bother to recruit Tolvanen.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                Setting the Vegas Odds:
                Albie: 3 to 1
                Sacco: 4 to 1
                Pandolfo: 6 to 1
                Donatelli: 10 to 1
                Greeley: 30 to 1
                Young: 30 to 1
                McEachern: 40 to 1
                Leaman: 50 to 1
                Keefe: 60 to 1
                Dennehy: 60 to 1
                Field: 80 to 1
                So Paul Pearl really is the 'pearl of great price.'

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Come on already!!!

If the kid couldn't get into Harvard, he ain't getting into igles land
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    No, I've seen numerous rumors that his parents are very...."involved" in his growth and that he's not the most coachable player. Again, rumors, but Quinn's staff did not tend to go after guys who had these kinds of question marks. It's similar reasoning why they didn't even bother to recruit Tolvanen.
                    From a very good source, those were two of the reasons BU didn't pursue Wahlstrom after his decommit from Harvard. As for Tolvanen, BU wasn't interested in putting a shiny illusion into its column, knowing there was zero chance he'd complete high school in time to be NCAA eligible.
                    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                      From a very good source, those were two of the reasons BU didn't pursue Wahlstrom after his decommit from Harvard. As for Tolvanen, BU wasn't interested in putting a shiny illusion into its column, knowing there was zero chance he'd complete high school in time to be NCAA eligible.
                      Ah yes, the clairvoyant David Quinn. "Putting a shiny illusion into its column"...ya I am sure that's what Jerry York was trying to do. My god, what a toolbag you are.

Comment

As for Wahlstrom, he's a 1-2 year player. I highly doubt any coach would turn away from that talent because of rumors about annoying parents. There are boatloads of those in the sports world. I suppose if you already have the potential for a lot of early departures you might shy away from Wahlstrom but for BC, this is the kind of player they needed to boost what they already have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                          Setting the Vegas Odds:
                          Albie: 3 to 1
                          Sacco: 4 to 1
                          Pandolfo: 6 to 1
                          Donatelli: 10 to 1
                          Greeley: 30 to 1
                          Young: 30 to 1
                          McEachern: 40 to 1
                          Leaman: 50 to 1
                          Keefe: 60 to 1
                          Dennehy: 60 to 1
                          Field: 80 to 1
                          Arséne Wenger?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Still have not heard to the few who post here who wanted him gone all season. You got your wish! You must be out celebrating, which is why we haven’t heard from you.
                            Not celebrating...I have been critical, yes, but that goes with the territory of being a fan. I can have an opinion - it's my right. That being said, I wish him the best. I don't know the man personally so everything said on these boards is done in the context of being a fan (short for "fanatic"). There is no animosity intended.

I will say this...he is taking on a brutal responsibility in the most critical city in the country with more scrutiny than anywhere else. There won't be a lot of tolerance for failure and the accomplishments will have to be realized quickly.

I supposed the only "question" I would have is (besides the obvious one of money) what caused the change of heart? I'm not naive; I understand that when you take a new position you have to say things like "This is my dream job," and "I'm really comfortable here and feel like part of the family" and all that stuff. But it just seems as though he didn't really see it through, so I'm wondering if something happened to sour him on the entire experience.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Same, Quinn's staff tended not to go after kids with perceived attitude issues.
                              Good to see Quinn learned from the late Parker years.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                what caused the change of heart?
                                $12.5 million sure helped. Also NYR giving him five years on the contract and the understanding that the rebuild of their roster is a multi-year process. It's a tough job to turn down.
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X