Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I laugh every time I read or hear someone say this.
    did hokey move out west?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      did hokey move out west?
      Hmmmmmm.
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        I laugh every time I read or hear someone say this.
        Of course, the boys all pay full tuition, until they earn full academic scholarships. That must happen momentarily after they complete the first semester of their freshman year.

Comment

You hire the best coach for the job. Period.
          The whole 'who is likely to leave for the NHL or not' question should be a moot point. If an NHL team makes them an offer they can't refuse, they must have been doing a very good job. And then you move on to the next one.

The chances that BU hires from outside the Terrier hockey family are practically nill.

If your choices are from Albie O'Connell, Joe Sacco, Jay Pandolfo and Clark Donatelli, they have all bases covered.

Nate Leaman, Norm Bazin and Rick Bennett are all excellent coaches. I doubt any of them will be the Terriers next head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
            You hire the best coach for the job. Period.
            The whole 'who is likely to leave for the NHL or not' question should be a moot point. If an NHL team makes them an offer they can't refuse, they must have been doing a very good job. And then you move on to the next one.

The chances that BU hires from outside the Terrier hockey family are practically nill.

If your choices are from Albie O'Connell, Joe Sacco, Jay Pandolfo and Clark Donatelli, they have all bases covered.

Nate Leaman, Norm Bazin and Rick Bennett are all excellent coaches. I doubt any of them will be the Terriers next head coach.
            I agree with your original statement, though the prerequisites of the "best coach for the job" do include a projection of how likely that coach would be to jump at the first pro job that opens up. That's my main concern with Sacco, as a former NHL HC how much is he itching to get back into the pros and would he consider BU a stopover to prove himself for a few years and move back up? That concern is far less so with someone like Albie. Obviously if a situation like Quinn took is presented, well no college coach is going to say no to $12 million to coach an Original 6 team in the biggest sports market in the country - or if the Bruins came calling with a huge contract at some point down the line. But I also don't want a coach who's going to jump at the first call from the Carolina Hurricanes.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              ROFL (uncontrollably)

News flash: Next time you watch almost any NHL game, take a good look at who does the talking during timeouts: The AC for offense talks to the forwards and the AC for defense talks to the D. And when the cameras pan to the benches during play, take a good look at who is in the players' ears. It's rarely the HC. Check in on most D1 college teams and you'll see the same thing. (In NU's case, Keefe talks to the forwards and Jason Smith talks to the Dmen.) Not good enough for you?: Look at NFL timeouts and bench shots. The OC runs the offensive TOs and bench, and the DC runs the DC TOs and bench. The HCs have other things to do. (Exhibit A: Bill Belichik) And yes, Madigan darn well does run the program, which is what HCs do.
              For all of the in-game coaching that Madigan does, he might as well be a ghost. Or sitting in the press box.

He is like a younger Red Berenson, without the cachet.

A lot of head coaches still actually coach during the game. Quinn did all of the talking during time outs.

The NHL has changed a lot in recent years. Many college head coaches still coach during the games.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                I agree with your original statement, though the prerequisites of the "best coach for the job" do include a projection of how likely that coach would be to jump at the first pro job that opens up. That's my main concern with Sacco, as a former NHL HC how much is he itching to get back into the pros and would he consider BU a stopover to prove himself for a few years and move back up? That concern is far less so with someone like Albie. Obviously if a situation like Quinn took is presented, well no college coach is going to say no to $12 million to coach an Original 6 team in the biggest sports market in the country - or if the Bruins came calling with a huge contract at some point down the line. But I also don't want a coach who's going to jump at the first call from the Carolina Hurricanes.
                Parker turned down the NHL at least four times -- the Bruins twice, the Whalers and the Kings. He may have also turned down the Ducks when Jack Ferreira was GM there.

Sacco has been there, and done that. Money aside, the supposition is just as great that he wants to come back to his alma mater as he would jump at the first opportunity to go back. We don't have any idea, unless we have heard it directly from him what his future aspirations happen to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                  For all of the in-game coaching that Madigan does, he might as well be a ghost. Or sitting in the press box...
                  You need to watch the NU bench a little harder.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Setting the Vegas Odds:
                    Albie: 3 to 1
                    Sacco: 4 to 1
                    Pandolfo: 6 to 1
                    Donatelli: 10 to 1
                    Greeley: 30 to 1
                    Young: 30 to 1
                    McEachern: 40 to 1
                    Leaman: 50 to 1
                    Keefe: 60 to 1
                    Dennehy: 60 to 1
                    Field: 80 to 1

Comment

@SchlossmanGF

Boston University freshman forward Hank Crone is exploring the possibility of a return to juniors/Fargo Force for next season. Crone was one of the USHL's top scorers in 2016-17.
                      https://***********/SchlossmanGF/sta...21307743358986
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                        Setting the Vegas Odds:
                        Albie: 3 to 1
                        Sacco: 4 to 1
                        Pandolfo: 6 to 1
                        Donatelli: 10 to 1
                        Greeley: 30 to 1
                        Young: 30 to 1
                        McEachern: 40 to 1
                        Leaman: 50 to 1
                        Keefe: 60 to 1
                        Dennehy: 60 to 1
                        Field: 80 to 1
                        You could do worse than Greeley at those odds.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Felt Crone was not used properly the past season
                          May have had issues with size and defense but a goal scorer which Bu needed being only about 6 deep at forward
                          had non productive 3 and 4th line till the very end when Crone was used more

Comment

@mikemorrealeNHL
                            Follow Follow @mikemorrealeNHL
                            More
                            Brady Tkachuk of @TerrierHockey has informed me that no decision on where he will play next season has been determined. He will review every option after the 2018 NHL Draft w/ his parents, adviser Craig Oster, & whichever team chooses him.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              @mikemorrealeNHL
                              Follow Follow @mikemorrealeNHL
                              More
                              Brady Tkachuk of @TerrierHockey has informed me that no decision on where he will play next season has been determined. He will review every option after the 2018 NHL Draft w/ his parents, adviser Craig Oster, & whichever team chooses him.
                              Well he certainly has an excuse now if he bails.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Please, no Rick Bennett. I haven't liked him since he pulled his Woody Hayes move against RPI (Woody gets fired, Rick gets a slap on the wrist). I don't think that was an anomaly.

We have plenty of very good options to choose from without having to take that one.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X