Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    I get those mid-90's years mixed up, but BU swept Michigan back in the old 3 game series, campus site set-up at Walter Brown. 94? 95? 96? 97?
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    1991. A glorious weekend in BU Hockey history. 4-1, 8-1.
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    The Amonte McEachren Tkachuk team. I stood next to some Michigan parent in the balcony next to the radio booth and he says “this arena is a joke “ and I said “so is your team”. I was so happy with myself. Now there was a rink with a home advantage!
    Originally posted by wysi View Post
    That *was* a really great weekend.
    Yes, it was. After 12 days off BU came out flying in the first period of the first game with 25 total shot attempts, 16 on goal and 3 goals, while holding Michigan to 6 shots on 8 attempts. David Tomlinson scored the first goal at 7:04 from Petteri Koskimaki and Scott Cashman (RIP). David Sacco scored unassisted at 12:15 and Keith Tkachuk scored from Shawn McEachern at 13:54 for the 3-0 lead. Although Michigan put a little more pressure on BU the next two periods it was pretty much game over. The Wolverines finally scored with 2:44 left in the game, but Tom Dion countered that with an unassisted goal with 39 seconds left in the game.

Game two was even worse for Michigan, as BU took a 1-0 lead 3:23 into the first on a goal by Koskimaki and doubled it at 12:47 of the period when Darin MacDonald got his second of the season. In the second BU pounded Michigan with 14 shots on 20 attempts, with 5 going into the net. Tomlinson started it at 3:02 of the period and Tony Amonte followed up just 1:27 later with a powerplay goal to make it 4-0. That was the end of the night for Michigan goalie Steve Shields who was replaced by Chris Gordon (who had played game one), The goalie change was for naught, as BU pumped in three goals in a span of 1:03 in the middle of the period. At 9:32 Ed Ronan scored 4x4, just 24 seconds later Dion scored 4x4 with assists from the Bavis brothers (RIP Mark) and 39 seconds later Sacco finished off the barrage. Amonte finished off the scoring for BU with a shorthanded goal at 4:39 to make it 8-0, before Michigan finally got one 1:08 later for the 8-1 final.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
      Yes, it was. After 12 days off BU came out flying in the first period of the first game with 25 total shot attempts, 16 on goal and 3 goals, while holding Michigan to 6 shots on 8 attempts. David Tomlinson scored the first goal at 7:04 from Petteri Koskimaki and Scott Cashman (RIP). David Sacco scored unassisted at 12:15 and Keith Tkachuk scored from Shawn McEachern at 13:54 for the 3-0 lead. Although Michigan put a little more pressure on BU the next two periods it was pretty much game over. The Wolverines finally scored with 2:44 left in the game, but Tom Dion countered that with an unassisted goal with 39 seconds left in the game.

Game two was even worse for Michigan, as BU took a 1-0 lead 3:23 into the first on a goal by Koskimaki and doubled it at 12:47 of the period when Darin MacDonald got his second of the season. In the second BU pounded Michigan with 14 shots on 20 attempts, with 5 going into the net. Tomlinson started it at 3:02 of the period and Tony Amonte followed up just 1:27 later with a powerplay goal to make it 4-0. That was the end of the night for Michigan goalie Steve Shields who was replaced by Chris Gordon (who had played game one), The goalie change was for naught, as BU pumped in three goals in a span of 1:03 in the middle of the period. At 9:32 Ed Ronan scored 4x4, just 24 seconds later Dion scored 4x4 with assists from the Bavis brothers (RIP Mark) and 39 seconds later Sacco finished off the barrage. Amonte finished off the scoring for BU with a shorthanded goal at 4:39 to make it 8-0, before Michigan finally got one 1:08 later for the 8-1 final.

Sean
      Ha! Those names!! I actually missed this series. I was in Florida and I remember going to the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach on Saturday and calling the press box from a pay phone to get the score so I would know if I was traveling to St. Paul the next weekend. That was when there was only a week between the NCAAs and the Final Four.

Comment

Sean
        Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Sean.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Last week I asked the following:
          Today I was asked for ppg for defensemen for a season and I was surprised with the top players since the start of Hockey East in 1984. I only included players who played at least 10 games on defense during the season (otherwise you would get a few anomalies like Ahti Oksanen playing on defense for just 1 game in 2014-15 but leading all defensemen with 4.000 ppg). Matt Grzelcyk was fourth with 0.927 ppg in 2014-15, which I had not taken notice of at the time. Of the top three, two broke a point a game. Any guesses as to the top three (and season for bonus points)?

Sean
          defkit correctly guessed Tom Poti, who was second on the list, but no one tried for first. The player first on the list was mentioned in my post about the 1991 NCAA quarterfinal series vs Michigan.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Last week I asked the following:defkit correctly guessed Tom Poti, who was second on the list, but no one tried for first. The player first on the list was mentioned in my post about the 1991 NCAA quarterfinal series vs Michigan.

Sean
            David Sacco, 1988-89?
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

David Sacco, 1988-89?
              He wasn't a defenseman. But Tom Dion was!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                He wasn't a defenseman. But Tom Dion was!
                In 1988-89 Sacco scored 14 goals to go along with 29 assists in 35 games. As I recall, he spent that season on defense.
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Bump to stay at the top of the page (away from the spam)

Comment

Another one to get us away from the apparent spam.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BU Alum '07

Comment

I wonder if bumping to stay ahead of the spam is what got it deleted last time. If the cleaners just took the first 28 pages and hit mass delete and our thread was in there.

Comment

David Sacco, 1988-89?
                        In 1988-89 Sacco scored 14 goals to go along with 29 assists in 35 games. As I recall, he spent that season on defense.
                        Correct, it was David Sacco; however, he only played 21 games on defense for the season with 6-19-25 totals for 1.19 ppg. David came to BU from Medford after playing forward his freshman year and defense the next three and the 1988-89 BU media guide lists him as defense/forward. Coach Parker started him on defense, where he played the first 16 games. He was then moved to second line right wing for 1 game, missed the next game, and then played two games on the first line at right wing with Mike Sullivan at center and Shawn McEachern on left wing. After going back to defense for 2 games, he was reunited for 8 more games with Sullivan and McEachern, now the second line, before playing another 3 games at defense. He finished the season playing the final three games on the first line at right wing with his brother Joe on left wing and David Tomlinson at center. He had 8-10-18 in 14 games at forward for 1.286 ppg and the McEachern-Sullivan-D. Sacco line had 13-24-37 in its 10 games together.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                        NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

And then there's this.

Raise your hand if you knew that David Sacco was the second leading scorer in BU Hockey History.

Player Years Goals Assists Points
                          John Cullen 1983–87 98 143 241
                          David Sacco 1989–93 74 143 217
                          Chris Drury 1994–98 113 101 214
                          Rick Meagher 1973–77 90 120 210
                          Mike Eruzione 1973–77 92 116 208
                          Shawn McEachern 1988–91 79 107 186
                          David Tomlinson 1987–91 77 102 179
                          Mark Fidler 1977–81 77 101 178
                          Mike Kelfer 1985–89 83 89 172
                          Mike Hyndman 1967–70 52 119 171
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            And then there's this.

Raise your hand if you knew that David Sacco was the second leading scorer in BU Hockey History.

Player Years Goals Assists Points
                            John Cullen 1983–87 98 143 241
                            David Sacco 1989–93 74 143 217
                            Chris Drury 1994–98 113 101 214
                            Rick Meagher 1973–77 90 120 210
                            Mike Eruzione 1973–77 92 116 208
                            Shawn McEachern 1988–91 79 107 186
                            David Tomlinson 1987–91 77 102 179
                            Mark Fidler 1977–81 77 101 178
                            Mike Kelfer 1985–89 83 89 172
                            Mike Hyndman 1967–70 52 119 171
                            I know you won't be surprised that I raised my hand :-)
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

All right, tickets seem to be selling quick, I don't want to chance it. So I held my nose, cursed TM, and paid the %&#&*#! fees.

I hope the Terriers thank me with another strong effort.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I need a chickod ticket update!

Comment

Working...
                                X