This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    The few times I looked in the direction of the band the cheerleaders didn't really seem very engaged in what was going. Kind of an odd ask of them to show up for a sporting event they're never at so they don't have established routines for parts of the game or for songs played by the band.
    Agreed. Some sort of regular routine would need to be established. If someone sent them to the game with no direction it would make sense that there were not engaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      The few times I looked in the direction of the band the cheerleaders didn't really seem very engaged in what was going. Kind of an odd ask of them to show up for a sporting event they're never at so they don't have established routines for parts of the game or for songs played by the band.
      Cheerleaders for hockey have 3 requirements

Skate
      Sweaters
      Asian
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Probably not impossible that he could still take the NYR job if they hadn't yet declined to hire him, but what it likely signals is that NYR has indeed decided to go elsewhere. It's hard to imagine that USA Hockey would name a head coach for the WJC who had a very real possibility of not actually coaching the team.
        Adam Wodon @CHN_AdamWodon
        21m21 minutes ago
        NY Post claims that David Quinn still in the mix for NY Rangers coach despite landing World Junior gig.
        It should be pointed out the most varieties of fish refuse to be wrapped in the New York Post.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
          Interesting to see the assistant coaches--Were not Quinn and Hastings together at Neb-Omaha
          Also Dartmouth is on our schedule for this year indicating some sort of relationship
          They were in the city of Omaha at the same time, but Quinn was at UNO, while Hastings was in the middle of a long, successful run as coach of the USHL’s Lancers. They are friends from that time though

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Apart from traditionally we have never had them, what is inherently bad about having the cheerleading or dance teams at the hockey games?
            Useless at hockey, unless they get on the ice.
            Northeastern had them for years (do they still?). They might as well as have done their cheering routines in the Matthews' lobby.

It would be nice if the students started providing the atmosphere as they once did, instead of wearing hockey sweaters at a band sing-along.

Comment

A lot of chatter on the Bruins - Lightning telecast about Quinn being a leading candidate for all of the opening NHL head coaching jobs.
              Is it real, or just broadcasters' chatter?

We used to hear that with Parker, and he turned down the NHL at least four times (Bruins twice, Whalers and Kings). Denver's Jim Montgomery explored openings last year, turned down the Panthers, and remained with the Pioneers.
              I don't see Quinn going. Not this year, anyway.
              Anyone else???

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                A lot of chatter on the Bruins - Lightning telecast about Quinn being a leading candidate for all of the opening NHL head coaching jobs.
                Is it real, or just broadcasters' chatter?

We used to hear that with Parker, and he turned down the NHL at least four times (Bruins twice, Whalers and Kings). Denver's Jim Montgomery explored openings last year, turned down the Panthers, and remained with the Pioneers.
                I don't see Quinn going. Not this year, anyway.
                Anyone else???
                Here’s mine. I was very happy that Quinn was an assistant at the NHL level before he took the BU job. He got a taste of the NHL life, and by the way his head coach is now an assistant on the Bruins after getting fired.

Quinn’s decision is whether he wants to have a fairly cushy job until he retires making $400K-$500K (my guess) or does he want to make better money for 3-5 years until he is fired and then toils as an NHL assistant for the last 10-15 years of his career. Parker didn’t take NHL job because he knew he would eventually be fired. The question is how big is Quinn’s ego? If you know the answer to that then you have your answer on whether he will leave.

I for one for the past few season have said of Quinn, great recruiter, not a great coach. He seemed to have righted the ship with style of play until the Michigan game when team reverted to turnovers, odd man rushes, etc. That said, team has made four straight NCAAs which is fine in my book. As a fan, I only want my team to have a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                  I'd be fine with it if they did it right. The "squad" we had during the Michigan game was frankly pathetic. No energy nor real interest in the game.
                  Didn't help that you kept going over there and saying "Come to Tater" in your best Butthead voice. No wonder they were distracted.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                    Here’s mine. I was very happy that Quinn was an assistant at the NHL level before he took the BU job. He got a taste of the NHL life, and by the way his head coach is now an assistant on the Bruins after getting fired.

Quinn’s decision is whether he wants to have a fairly cushy job until he retires making $400K-$500K (my guess) or does he want to make better money for 3-5 years until he is fired and then toils as an NHL assistant for the last 10-15 years of his career. Parker didn’t take NHL job because he knew he would eventually be fired. The question is how big is Quinn’s ego? If you know the answer to that then you have your answer on whether he will leave.

I for one for the past few season have said of Quinn, great recruiter, not a great coach. He seemed to have righted the ship with style of play until the Michigan game when team reverted to turnovers, odd man rushes, etc. That said, team has made four straight NCAAs which is fine in my book. As a fan, I only want my team to have a chance.
                    If gets offered the job he's gone. Make $8-10M over 5 years, then get another college job. He doesn't HAVE to coach BU.

Comment

No Eichel or Keller on the world championship roster? That is pretty disappointing. No Shattenkirk either, but I am not sure about his injury status at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        No Eichel or Keller on the world championship roster? That is pretty disappointing. No Shattenkirk either, but I am not sure about his injury status at this point.
                        long season. take a break. no big deal.

Comment

Greenway back on campus finishing his classes & finals for this semester. Summer classes to follow which will put him very close towards graduating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            Greenway back on campus finishing his classes & finals for this semester. Summer classes to follow which will put him very close towards graduating.
                            He’s good at school too

Comment

Comment

I heard an interview with Keller a few days ago on NHL Network Radio - he said he had been invited but declined. He said that he is looking forward to some R&R.

Given Eichel's injury issues over the past 2 seasons, absolutely no shame in declining his invite, IMHO. Also, for the same reason, I'm sure the Sabres would REALLY not want him to go. With Dahlin joining the team next season, they will be pushing the excitement factor big time, and they would not want to risk Eichel not being a part of that.
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X