Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Ah wait he's right though that Michigan was out here another time in this era. I think they may have actually come out a couple times in late 90s and lost to Maine one year and UNH another. Been a while though.
    2000 (Albany): Quarterfinals... Michigan 4 - Colgate 3
    Semi-finals..... Maine 5 - Michigan 2

(Not exactly "here" but in the East)

lol
    You old bastids. Takes everyone three cracks at remembering anything correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughEmUp View Post
    lol
    Suks to B (old)

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughEmUp View Post
    lol
    Mookie may be old, but hes not old.

Found out where my tickets were (got them through BU). Sec 213, so chickod looks to have been 100% correct about the sections.

BU Alum '07

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie may be old, but he’s not old.
    You're old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    2000 (Albany): Quarterfinals... Michigan 4 - Colgate 3
    Semi-finals..... Maine 5 - Michigan 2

(Not exactly "here" but in the East)
    Yeah, was trying to remember the year... We had to sit-through a 4 OT game to see Maine play that day.

I started out rooting for BU, as much as that conflicted my soul, but by the time we got through the 2nd OT, I was of a mind that somebody needs to win this Mamma-jamma ASAP... Into the 4th OT, it was more like "Why, God, why..?" And, to compound my misery, I broke a finger catching a stray shot that was labeled for my ex's grille. But Maine trouncing Michigan in Game 2 made that digit feel a whole lot better.

I think that that was Ricky DiPietro's last game as a Terrier..?
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-20-2018 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You're old.
    He's not old, he's 37.

Venues for an early lunch near DCU?

Capt
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    Yeah, was trying to remember the year... We had to sit-through a 4 OT game to see Maine play that day.

I started out rooting for BU, as much as that conflicted my soul, but by the time we got through the 2nd OT, I was of a mind that somebody needs to win this Mamma-jamma ASAP... Into the 4th OT, it was more like "Why, God, why..?" And, to compound my misery, I broke a finger catching a stray shot that was labeled for my ex's grille. But Maine trouncing Michigan in Game 2 made that digit feel a whole lot better.

Correct. DiPietro and Gustafson (SLU) put on a show.

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Correct. DiPietro and Gustafson (SLU) put on a show.
    Sh**, I guess... Especially Gustafson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Correct. He made 78 saves. It was a brutal night. We went home and didn't even stay for the second game...just devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Please let me know what you find out. I don't have the luxury of swinging by, and as I vented on the deleted thread, I would really prefer to not have to pay TM $19 in fees.
    OK. Here goes. I'm posting to get this up as quickly as possible...I'll make "corrections" or tweaks later but I just want to get it up here.

So I moused over the map. Almost every section (that includes 100 level, 200 level and 300 level – balcony) is gray, which is very few seats available. Here is the breakdown:
    At the time I am writing this, there are THIRTY (that’s 30) seats LEFT in the entire lower bowl. There are NO seats left in the balcony. My only caveat will be I don’t know what they mean by “available.” I’m assuming that if/when the schools return any tickets there may be more, but, frankly, this looks to be one of the biggest crowds they’ve ever had there. If it turns out not to be, then this entire process is completely inexplicable to me.
    Here is the breakdown of seats available by level:

Seats available by level:

Lower Bowl (100s) 30
    Upper Bowl (200s) 787
    Balcony (300s) 0

Seats available by school section:

BU (scarlet) 8
    NU (black) 28
    Cornell (orange) 12
    Michigan (yellow) 12

Seats Available by Section:

Sec Seats Available
    101 5
    102 0
    103 3
    104 0
    105 3
    106 1
    107 0
    108 0
    109 0
    110 0
    111 6
    112 1
    113 0
    117 0
    118 0
    119 2
    120 9
    121 0
    122 0
    123 0
    124 0
    125 0
    TOT 30
    Last edited by chickod; 03-20-2018 at 05:57 PM.

It appears to me that they are not yet selling the tops rows of the upper balcony
    Having watched many times they keep moving available seats in balcony back
    While I think it will be largest regional crowd in years those looking for tickets
    will always be able to buy a ticket
    Can always sit in non playing teams section

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    Can always sit in non playing teams section
    Not according to these numbers...that's why I posted them. These are ALL the sections and there are very few left unless you want to sit up high in the corner (and someone posted yesterday there are some "obstructed" view seats there).

I'm not marketing for DCU Center but I don't want people to not be able to get "decent" seats. I mean, why wait? The price isn't going down - I don't think there are going to be many scalpers or people selling outside for this.

If you are looking at Sat only or the 2-day pass, it looks like just singles available in the lower bowl. If you look at Sunday only, there are hundreds of seats still available in the lower bowl which leads me to believe many people are buying Saturday only tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    If you are looking at Sat only or the 2-day pass, it looks like just singles available in the lower bowl. If you look at Sunday only, there are hundreds of seats still available in the lower bowl which leads me to believe many people are buying Saturday only tickets.
    Yes. Why would I buy Sunday until I know if my team wins? That, along with the "potential" storm (which they now seem to have downgraded to "snow showers" but given that tomorrow's forecast has been changed five times, who knows?), would lead one to conclude that to wait is to be prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    He's not old, he's 37.
    And I'm 25...

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    He's not old, he's 37.
    Is he called Dennis? I didn't bother to ask.

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Veteran

Keep in mind they may not release all available tickets at once.

Thread Information