Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

It seems like we've reverted back to our style of play from before the last three games. BU wanted to be a team that used its speed relentlessly and that worked a few games for us this year, but most of the time it led to us being very sloppy, playing too fast, not thinking fast enough to match it, and playing very poor defense, both on the PK and even-strength. Recently, we have been slow, methodical, in control, thorough, very smart, and in control. We have used our speed selectively and at the right times. We gotta get back in control instead of trying to fly up and down the ice with Michigan.

Comment

You wouldn’t know Jaffe played for Michigan listening to the commentary he’s a real pro.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Game on now
        Yeah, no more, 3 1 Michigan. BU looks flat

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Sloppy sloppy sloppy. That was the back breaker. I think the enormity of the situation hit them because I haven’t seen them play like this in some time. I’m sad, yet accepting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Sloppy sloppy sloppy. That was the back breaker. I think the enormity of the situation hit them because I haven’t seen them play like this in some time. I’m sad, yet accepting.
            What is it with crappy goals in Worcester? Bad break and bounce, but I guess after awhile one goes against you. They’re not out of this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Yeah, unfortunately this is going to get ugly. One game short of the FF isn't too bad. When you think about how we felt after the loss in January to Maine, it's pretty great, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                Yeah, unfortunately this is going to get ugly. One game short of the FF isn't too bad. When you think about how we felt after the loss in January to Maine, it's pretty great, actually.
                Unfortunately I think that's exactly the way the team is thinking right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                  You wouldn’t know Jaffe played for Michigan listening to the commentary he’s a real pro.
                  I said to him yesterday “You can’t cheer for Michigan you know.” He hesitated about five seconds and then replied “I have a smart-alecky response for that but I’ll keep it to myself.” He does a good job.

Comment

So I was right in thinking that Michigan was coming out of this region because they are the only team in it that doesn’t have red in their school colors. Just like 2006. The more things change, the more they stay the same. Also,

Comment

Chikod did your heart just skip a beat on that review?

Curry, huge goal!
                      UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                        Unfortunately I think that's exactly the way the team is thinking right now.
                        No way this game is over yet

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                          Okay, maybe they aren't going to crumble. Nice!

Comment

Lavigne ain't exactly Marty Turco. He can be beat. This game is far from over. Plus BU has been a tough team to finally kill this year.

Oh and I keep thinking 11 is Crone because he had high expectations. It's Curry. Not sure what line he is on but get that kid some more ice time. Might not be the most skilled but has speed to cause Michigan some problems.

Comment

Win. A. Face off. D@mmiit.

Comment

That is a terrible icing call

Comment

Working...
                                X