Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Here's something for Sean. Air Force just had ZERO shots on goal in the first period against Minnesota-Duluth. I can't remember ever having seen that in a hockey game on any level. Probably something you're not interested in looking up, but I though it was amazing.
    BU had zero shots in the first OT against North Dakota a year ago.

Comment

Saw Tommy Kelley on the concourse. Doing OK after getting knocked out cold. Charlie McAvoy was at the game, too.

Catching up on recaps of the game. I still don’t see how Bowers’ goal went in.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        Here's something for Sean. Air Force just had ZERO shots on goal in the first period against Minnesota-Duluth. I can't remember ever having seen that in a hockey game on any level. Probably something you're not interested in looking up, but I though it was amazing.
        After the first period, they mentioned that Duluth also held Mankato to 0 shots in one period yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
          After the first period, they mentioned that Duluth also held Mankato to 0 shots in one period yesterday.
          Missed that...thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Catching up on recaps of the game. I still don’t see how Bowers’ goal went in.
            Bowers' goal was a fantastic tip. We saw it from higher up...probably harder to see from (I'm assuming you sat) down below where you were probably obstructed by one of the players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Spoke with Hickey on the concourse after the game and he seemed fine. Except that he couldn't stop smiling.
              That's the result I was hoping for. Thanks.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Hmmm, well this will be fun.
                Boston University '16
                University of Michigan '18

Comment

Since MN didn't make it, and MTU and AFA are now out, go BU. /drive-by
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by WolverineofTerrier View Post
                    Hmmm, well this will be fun.
                    Not sure that’s quite the word I would use...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                      Wow. Bad showing for hockey east. I figured NU was a lock, and Providence would make it too.

Go figure.
                      hmmmm, they were. and they did! (are you new here, like really new? these are the red headed step children after all)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Wow. Bad showing for hockey east. I figured NU was a lock, and Providence would make it too.

Go figure.
                        Nothing is a lock. Ask SCSU that and Clarkson.

NU had a good season but not a lot of experience in the NCAA and a history of winning yet.

PC also had a good season but at least won a NCAA not that long ago and Leaman has produced in his short time at PC.

Overall Hockey East had a weak conference this year and BU had to win the HE Tournament to get in.
                        Last edited by BCeagle; 03-25-2018, 01:06 AM.
                        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                          Nothing is a lock. Ask SCSU that and Clarkson.

NU had a good season but not a lot of experience in the NCAA and a history of winning yet.

PC also had a good season but at least won a NCAA not that long ago and Leaman has produced in his short time at PC.

Overall Hockey East had a weak conference this year and BU had to win the HE Tournament to get in.
                          Doesn't help when the regular season champion hasn't won a non-conference game since November of 2016.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Old news.

Yes we already knew that and why they didn't deserve to be in.

Like BU they had to win HE Tournament to get in.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Now you're going over the top in the opposite direction with the excellent coaching job stuff. I would say criticism was deserved and yes, now deserves credit.
                              What criticism? They youngest team in the country improved all season long. That’s what great coaching looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Go figure.
                                Really?, NU peaked in February
                                Good Luck today,
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X