Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    There is only stadium currently used by an NFL and an MLB team. Besides the Dolphins/Marlins (2011) and Vikings/Twins (2009), this change had wrapped up by 2003.
    If you include CFL, there was both in Toronto until 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      As usual, you are a decade or two behind the times.
      a la Jethro Tull, I like "Living in the Past."

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
        Yeah, there were about eight of them in scarlet warmup suits with silver pom pons. They sat right in front of the band. And didn't appear too interested in the game.
        Apart from traditionally we have never had them, what is inherently bad about having the cheerleading or dance teams at the hockey games?

Comment

Busy around here for an April that feels like February.

First, this: https://***********/MarkDivver/statu...57751067271169

The Blackhawks need lots of help on D, but I don't think Krys is ready. He was a turnover machine in the first half. Much better in the second half.

The new netting at Fenway is horrible. So glad I don't pay $300 a seat to sit behind that thing. But hey, they're 16-2, so, Weeeee!

The NHL playoffs - with the exception of a few games - have kind of sucked so far. I hope it gets tighter in round 2.

That's all I got. Happy Friday everyone!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

I don’t think the playoffs have sucked. They just haven’t been as exciting as previous years.

Comment

Saw several tweets indicating David Quinn will get the nod to coach the US Jr. National Team in next year's WJCs. USA Hockey to announce its choice tomorrow on NHL Network at 4 p.m.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Apart from traditionally we have never had them, what is inherently bad about having the cheerleading or dance teams at the hockey games?
                That my wife will be mad every time I seem generally interested?
                "What about my asthma?"
                "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I don’t think the playoffs have sucked. They just haven’t been as exciting as previous years.
                  The LA-Vegas series was incredibly exciting. The other series have been meh.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    The LA-Vegas series was incredibly exciting. The other series have been meh.
                    But it was a sweep. Bleh.

Caps-Blue Jackets is good (First three to OT!), but lots of sweeps and 5 gamers.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      But it was a sweep. Bleh.
                      All four games were extremely close one-goal games while both teams, outside of LA's offense, played very very good hockey. I guess the WAS-CBJ series has been too, but the actual level of play (from the limited amount I've seen) has been kinda meh.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I'd be fine with it if they did it right. The "squad" we had during the Michigan game was frankly pathetic. No energy nor real interest in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                          I'd be fine with it if they did it right. The "squad" we had during the Michigan game was frankly pathetic. No energy nor real interest in the game.
                          The few times I looked in the direction of the band the cheerleaders didn't really seem very engaged in what was going. Kind of an odd ask of them to show up for a sporting event they're never at so they don't have established routines for parts of the game or for songs played by the band.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Watching NHL Network now, David Quinn named head coach of Team USA in the 2019 World Junior Championships. I guess that kills the Quinn-to-the-NY Rangers rumor for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Watching NHL Network now, David Quinn named head coach of Team USA in the 2019 World Junior Championships. I guess that kills the Quinn-to-the-NY Rangers rumor for now.
                              Probably not impossible that he could still take the NYR job if they hadn't yet declined to hire him, but what it likely signals is that NYR has indeed decided to go elsewhere. It's hard to imagine that USA Hockey would name a head coach for the WJC who had a very real possibility of not actually coaching the team.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Interesting to see the assistant coaches--Were not Quinn and Hastings together at Neb-Omaha
                                Also Dartmouth is on our schedule for this year indicating some sort of relationship

Comment

Working...
                                X