Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

What are your final grades for Quinn? B-?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      What are your final grades for Quinn? B-?
      I'd say it is an A.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        Would Parker come back for one year?
        That would be amazing. Make it happen BU nation!

Originally posted by huskies31 View Post
        I'm glad they wouldn't consider anyone outside of BU, NU gets to keep Keefe.
        If BU did go outside of their family, I don't think it would be for an assistant somewhere. They'd be making runs at head coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          I'd say it is an A.
          I'd say you're on crack

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

If BU did go outside of their family, I don't think it would be for an assistant somewhere. They'd be making runs at head coaches.
            It also wouldn't be for an assistant coach of a mediocre program that hasn't accomplished much at all.

Comment

• Bu fan 84, you criticised Quinn at each & every juncture. Hope you are brushing up on those interviewing skills. Still a bit rough around the edges.
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Hush, you

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
                  If they want to go outside the box, Jerry Keefe runs the northeastern team”? I don't think Madigan does much at all. At least not from what people have told me. Keefe runs that whole program so he would be a guy who should get a long and good look.
                  OK, You have piqued my curiosity. What makes you believe that Keefe “runs the Northeastern team.” What makes you believe what “people” have told you. We seem to have an elected official who uses that expression to describe what he has heard that he WANTED to hear. Truth is irrelevant!!!
                  Last edited by HHound; 05-19-2018, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                    OK, You have piqued my curiosity. What makes you believe that Keefe “runs the Northeastern team.” What makes you believe what “people” have told you. We seem to have an elected official who uses that expression to describe what he has heard that he WANTED to hear. Truth is irrelevant!!!
                    Sit behind the Northeastern bench during a game. Watch who does all of the in-game coaching. When a timeout is called, watch who does all of the talking. It isn't Madigan.

Madigan may very well run the program. But it is obvious that Keefe runs the bench during games.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I'd say you're on crack
                      Batting 800 on getting to the tournament with a championship game appearance, plus a beanpot, and numerous NHL and Olympic matriculations.. that’s better than a stick in the eye.

Comment

One beanpot in 5 years is not anything to be proud of. Also, he made the NC but that was with Eichel who, correct me if I’m wrong, he didn’t even recruit. The picture looks a lot rosier if they just win that game, though.
                        #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Does the next head coach absolutely, positively have to be a BU alum? Like would they not even consider approaching Bazin?
                          You shut your dirty mouth.
                          Lowell Forever
                          Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            One beanpot in 5 years is not anything to be proud of. Also, he made the NC but that was with Eichel who, correct me if I’m wrong, he didn’t even recruit. The picture looks a lot rosier if they just win that game, though.
                            He wasn't perfect, but if you are going to lay out his record, I think you have to include 2 HE Tourney titles and 4 straight NCAA's. Without the 10-win first year (with a team with several players who just weren't storng D-1 material), his record was pretty good.

Also, you are correct that he didn't recruit Eichel. But his recruiting since he took the job has been second to none, and was much better than what Parker had over his final years. Finally, one area where Quinn did very well with recruiting was that all of his recruits stayed committed to BU - they weren't just using BU as a tool to land on the right CHL team. This happened alot with Parker down the stretch (Werek, Esposito, Erne, DeAngelo, etc.).
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                              Does the next head coach absolutely, positively have to be a BU alum? Like would they not even consider approaching Bazin?
                              I *think* BU will hire an alum, but if the AD is willing to look outside that group, he'd be a fool not to kick the tires on Bazin considering the recent DU situation. It'd be a huge long shot and it'd be a pretty huge shift for the program. Albie is the hire if you want to maintain consistency and maximize the number of recruits/current players who stay.

My hope is that BU approaches this similar to how UND did when Hakstol left - get it done quick. I believe UND hired Berry under 24 hours after Hakstol announced he was leaving. If you're going to hire outside, make the decision and do it. Assuming Quinn is announced by NYR on Monday, have a HC in place before Friday at the latest. Don't let the recruits linger out there for any team to have at with the "Well, do you know who your coach is going to be?" argument.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                                that’s better than a stick in the eye.
                                So is the B- I gave him

O'Connell is 42 now. If BU were to bypass him this time I doubt he's sticking around much longer. That is, if he wants to be a head coach. Perhaps he's a Steve Miller type who doesn't seem to be interested in being a head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X