Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Michigan doesn't have the top talent NU has. They have Quinn Hughes but no real game changing forward. I would honestly peg BU as a slight favorite. But really, most likely another game like the two today.
    Another low-scoring, tight defensive game. Unless someone gets a two-goal lead and then it will have to open up.

Michigan actually had pretty good fan support. Maybe not one huge section but overall pretty good.
    Agree on both counts. I was surprised to hear how many were cheering when Michigan scored. But they have a lot of "subway alumni" like Notre Dame.

Comment

Crushing loss for the Friars.

Comment

Ouch. Notre Dame does a goal at the death. Seems like 2015 on the other foot this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Michigan doesn't have the top talent NU has. They have Quinn Hughes but no real game changing forward..
          you kidding right?.. Marody is a game changing forward. And.. he was.

gluck Terriers now that Prov done as well.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            Exactly. This is a classic case of an inexperienced group with talent improving all year. Major credit to the excellent coaching staff and the fantastic job they have done all season.
            Now you're going over the top in the opposite direction with the excellent coaching job stuff. I would say criticism was deserved and yes, now deserves credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              you kidding right?.. Marody is a game changing forward. And.. he was.

gluck Terriers now that Prov done as well.
              He really isn't though. He is a good player but doesn't have the skill of a Gaudette/Sikura.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                He really isn't though. He is a good player but doesn't have the skill of a Gaudette/Sikura.
                okay JD. Let's ..er agree to disagree.
                Hoping for a barnburner tomorrow. The atmosphere was awesome today.
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                  The atmosphere was awesome today.
                  I'm hoping that all the BU fans come back (and a few more). Obviously BU/NU would have been a better atmosphere. Interesting to see though, as Michigan basketball plays right now and that could have held their crowd down. They won't be playing tomorrow. In any event, BU is carrying the Hockey East banner now.

Comment

And the bigger Michigan defense just leaned on them and wore them down. For some reason NU didn't have a lot of jump tonight. At the beginning of the game they were nervous, but instead of loosening up it seemed to drain them. I can't say how much of that was Michigan (because this is the only time I've seen them) or if NU was just "off." And I didn't think Primeau was stellar. A couple of those could be considered "soft."

Comment

Well, it’s up to you guys now.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Well, it’s up to you guys now.
                        Wow. Bad showing for hockey east. I figured NU was a lock, and Providence would make it too.

Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz View Post
                          After that NU goal it is clear that NU has the most fans in Worcester by far.
                          Many, many casual fans, leftover Cornell fans, and even BU fans were rooting for NU. Actual fans of the two teams were roughly an even split. A great atmosphere overall, attendance listed at 8,400.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Many, many casual fans, leftover Cornell fans, and even BU fans were rooting for NU. Actual fans of the two teams were roughly an even split. A great atmosphere overall, attendance listed at 8,400.
                            Yes. A little surprised at the 8,400, but I guess even though there was good "coverage" of the sections, there were many sections with empty seats (which makes me wonder what they meant by "no seats available" for that section).

Comment

Here's something for Sean. Air Force just had ZERO shots on goal in the first period against Minnesota-Duluth. I can't remember ever having seen that in a hockey game on any level. Probably something you're not interested in looking up, but I though it was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                Anybody else think Hickey got shook up in that tumble he had in the corner, right at the end? He sat there on the ice for a sec and I thought "uh-oh".
                                Spoke with Hickey on the concourse after the game and he seemed fine. Except that he couldn't stop smiling.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X