Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

I get those mid-90's years mixed up, but BU swept Michigan back in the old 3 game series, campus site set-up at Walter Brown. 94? 95? 96? 97?
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Had to be late 80s very early 90s
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I get those mid-90's years mixed up, but BU swept Michigan back in the old 3 game series, campus site set-up at Walter Brown. 94? 95? 96? 97?
        1991. A glorious weekend in BU Hockey history. 5-1, 8-1.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Had to be late 80s very early 90s
          Found it! 1991. 4-1 and 8-1.
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

No video from that Michigan series, but there is this:

https://youtu.be/00zF69Fx2Sc

#HockeyMullets&Speed.
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Ah wait he's right though that Michigan was out here another time in this era. I think they may have actually come out a couple times in late 90s and lost to Maine one year and UNH another. Been a while though.
              2000 (Albany): Quarterfinals... Michigan 4 - Colgate 3
              Semi-finals..... Maine 5 - Michigan 2

(Not exactly "here" but in the East)

Comment

lol
                You old bastids. Takes everyone three cracks at remembering anything correctly.
                Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                  lol
                  Suks to B (old)

Comment

Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                    lol
                    Mookie may be old, but he’s not old.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Found out where my tickets were (got them through BU). Sec 213, so chickod looks to have been 100% correct about the sections.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Mookie may be old, but he’s not old.
                        You're old.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                          2000 (Albany): Quarterfinals... Michigan 4 - Colgate 3
                          Semi-finals..... Maine 5 - Michigan 2

(Not exactly "here" but in the East)
                          Yeah, was trying to remember the year... We had to sit-through a 4 OT game to see Maine play that day.

I started out rooting for BU, as much as that conflicted my soul, but by the time we got through the 2nd OT, I was of a mind that somebody needs to win this Mamma-jamma ASAP... Into the 4th OT, it was more like "Why, God, why..?" And, to compound my misery, I broke a finger catching a stray shot that was labeled for my ex's grille. But Maine trouncing Michigan in Game 2 made that digit feel a whole lot better.

I think that that was Ricky DiPietro's last game as a Terrier..?
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-20-2018, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            You're old.
                            He's not old, he's 37.

Comment

Venues for an early lunch near DCU?
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Yeah, was trying to remember the year... We had to sit-through a 4 OT game to see Maine play that day.

I started out rooting for BU, as much as that conflicted my soul, but by the time we got through the 2nd OT, I was of a mind that somebody needs to win this Mamma-jamma ASAP... Into the 4th OT, it was more like "Why, God, why..?" And, to compound my misery, I broke a finger catching a stray shot that was labeled for my ex's grille. But Maine trouncing Michigan in Game 2 made that digit feel a whole lot better.

I think that that was Ricky DiPietro's last game as a Terrier..?
                                Correct. DiPietro and Gustafson (SLU) put on a show.

Comment

Working...
                                X