Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Congratulations to Connor Lacouvee after being named to USCHO Honorable Mention All-American.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Congratulations to Connor Lacouvee after being named to USCHO Honorable Mention All-American.
      Did you miss Greenway on that list?

Comment

This is an awesome fact:

https://***********/avashkalra/statu...925783040?s=21

Comment

It is interesting that we have been talking about how attendance in down in college hockey overall. It might be trickling over to pro sports as well. Attendance of last night's Yankees-Red Sox game didn't even hit 33,000. Yes, a BoSox-Yankees game!! That is almost unheard of, in this millenium anyway. Attendance of last nights Chicago White Sox-Tampa Bay Rays in Chicago was listed as around 10k but the press said the actual turnstile count was just under 1k.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            It is interesting that we have been talking about how attendance in down in college hockey overall. It might be trickling over to pro sports as well. Attendance of last night's Yankees-Red Sox game didn't even hit 33,000. Yes, a BoSox-Yankees game!! That is almost unheard of, in this millenium anyway. Attendance of last nights Chicago White Sox-Tampa Bay Rays in Chicago was listed as around 10k but the press said the actual turnstile count was just under 1k.
            I can only hope that this is the beginning of the end of the escalation of salaries (which I don't care about) and ticket/parking/food prices (which I do care about). Maybe by the time I am a grandfather, I won't have to worry about what needs to be given up if I want to take my grandson to a Bruins game.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
              I’m at the Sox game tonight, definitely not sold out. Of course it could be because it’s colder here at the game than it was at one of the outdoor hockey games in January. I’m ready to leave. They said it was 43 at first pitch but that has to be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I’m at the Sox game tonight, definitely not sold out. Of course it could be because it’s colder here at the game than it was at one of the outdoor hockey games in January. I’m ready to leave. They said it was 43 at first pitch but that has to be wrong.
                The fact that they have a 10 game homestand in this weather doesn't help either. I was there Tuesday, it was 38 at game time and one of the guys in my row was telling me that Sunday felt even colder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I know that we have discussed that series a number of times on this board but that fact reminds me that anyone who was around BU at that time should not be surprised at Sully’s success as an NHL coach. He was a great captain.

Comment

That is a fun fact. I had no idea Hakstol was on that 1990 team.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

It WAS 43 at the first pitch. But it was 33 at the second pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        That is a fun fact. I had no idea Hakstol was on that 1990 team.
                        Maybe Sullivan and Hakstol were the two guys that bumped each other at center ice before game 1 that started the scrum/commotion.

Comment

So Jeff Cox posted a link to this article in Twitter, wondering if Tkachuk's desire to be in the NHL next year could land him London, should he sign but not make the cut. I sure hope people around him ensure he is realistic about where he is in terms of readiness. Unless he somehow develops leaps and bounds over the summer, I don't see him in the NHL next year. To the extent that Greenway was a stronger, smarter, more mature version of Tkachuk and that he hasn't exactly been tearing it up with the Wild, I think it is clear Brady needs at least one more year of development.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brady-tkach...13/c-297921082

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            So Jeff Cox posted a link to this article in Twitter, wondering if Tkachuk's desire to be in the NHL next year could land him London, should he sign but not make the cut. I sure hope people around him ensure he is realistic about where he is in terms of readiness. Unless he somehow develops leaps and bounds over the summer, I don't see him in the NHL next year. To the extent that Greenway was a stronger, smarter, more mature version of Tkachuk and that he hasn't exactly been tearing it up with the Wild, I think it is clear Brady needs at least one more year of development.

https://www.nhl.com/news/brady-tkach...13/c-297921082
                            I’m pro NCAA so I hope he stays if he doesn’t make NHL but I’ve seen it happen too many times and London is London.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                              At some point something has to give. I went with my family to the Sox game today. We had right field “box seats” (as if that makes them sound great) which were about as far away from home plate as you could imagine. Face value was $60something before fees. Parking $35, beers $10.25 each (for what looked like about 7/8 the size of a normal beer). Sausage $10 each, lemonade $6 each, Cracker Jack $6. Easily $400 on the day.... probably closer to $500.. and it’s not like we splurged for amazing seats. I’m not sure how many people can do that repeatedly throughout the season we certainly won’t do it very often.
                              Last edited by ericredaxe; 04-14-2018, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Here at the banquet. A delicious brunch in the Burke Club Room. Patrick Harper is here. He looks good!

Award winners:
                                McInnis Award for Spirit - Brandon Hickey
                                Clifford Fitzgerald Scholarship for rising junior or senior defenseman- Dante Fabbro
                                Iron Terrier Award - Bobo Carpenter
                                Regina Eilberg Scholarship - Cam Crotty
                                Ed Carpenter Award (leading scorer) - tie between Jordan Greenway and Bobo Carpenter

Comment

Working...
                                X