Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Quote Originally Posted by Boston22 View Post
    There are ways around that. A close relative and I were talking to Tom Poti, during his freshman year at BU, and he told us LaCouture did not attend a single class. He sat in the room and played video games all day. But he dropped out of school right before finals first semester because his father had eye surgery. LaCouture must have gotten incompletes as grades, and was able to go back for second semester. He had the same routine second semester. Are you telling me that's believing the worst? Hearing from his own roommate? And Parker knew nothing about it?
    Again, how is that turning a blind eye? If Parker sets his standards at the NCAA standards, and this wasn't against the NCAA rules, then what exactly did Parker turn a blind eye to? Turning a blind eye implies Parker ignored someone breaking a team or NCAA rule. It doesn't sound like that happened.

As a side note, Quinn seems to set his standards higher than the NCAA standard, and everyone who has seen the sheet of rules knows this. It also seems to me, though I don't have firm numbers to back this up, that more players are graduating in 3 years under Quinn than ever before.

Holding court

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Mookie’s only memory of cbourque was of him playing the point on a pp while in the garden during hea sf. He was on the far point and broke his stick. He dropped it and turned and skated towards the bench. The uhn pk’er got a wide grin and skated for the puck and the ensuring breakaway to score a shortie.

What a dummy. No wonder he flunked out
    That's not very nice mookie. Generally a nice kid that comes back as a former Terrier and takes part in the Comm Ave Classic.

That being said, the talk of Jack Parker turning a blind eye to a situation has failed to yield either of these two things and that disappoints me greatly:
    a) Pirate Jerry literally having one blind eye.
    b) Jack Parker literally turning a blind eye to "Shod Foot" John Sabo's heroic efforts to give a patron of The Avenue literally a blind eye.

Happy Easter, good season, continue with the postseason thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Well, I have to say...apparently we’re not too far away. We lost in last year’s regional final to UMD who is in the championship game, and lost in this year’s regional final to Michigan, who looks as though they might be there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    Well, I have to say...apparently we’re not too far away. We lost in last year’s regional final to UMD who is in the championship game, and lost in this year’s regional final to Michigan, who looks as though they might be there as well!
    BU was an OT goal (last year) and a strong 3rd period (this year) away from making the FF. And that close from 3 FF appearances in 4 years.

Parity is the new norm; BU making it to the NCAAs every year will hopefully return to being the norm. It's trending that way and if they keep giving themselves a chance, they'll return to the FF sooner than later. #BUffalo2019

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    BU was an OT goal (last year) and a strong 3rd period (this year) away from making the FF. And that close from 3 FF appearances in 4 years.

Parity is the new norm; BU making it to the NCAAs every year will hopefully return to being the norm. It's trending that way and if they keep giving themselves a chance, they'll return to the FF sooner than later. #BUffalo2019
    They better

Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post

College Hockey News @chnews
    Minnesota Duluth will try to become the 3rd "last team in" in the last five years to win the national title.

Super Serial

Seems the author is spitballing there a little bit, and certainly not listing those names in order - I'd find it very difficult to believe Rick Bennett is the third-ranked candidate for the job. Though you have to think any NHL GM looking for a collegiate coach is going to be giving Monty a call before anyone else.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Seems the author is spitballing there a little bit, and certainly not listing those names in order - I'd find it very difficult to believe Rick Bennett is the third-ranked candidate for the job. Though you have to think any NHL GM looking for a collegiate coach is going to be giving Monty a call before anyone else.
    No, I'd think Bylsma, Sutter, Roy, etc. are the most likely candidates before any college coaches.

Tater, you broke news mentioning BC but not BU?

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post

May not be a hockey-related reason as to why Weiss may end up elsewhere.

Was after the tweet I posted which was directly quoted by Cox's tweet which I saw first. Weiss is no where near as big of a name as Wahlstrom.

No but I know he was thought of as a pretty good recruit. Not sure if his stock has dropped or if it's academics etc

2016 Hockey East Overlords

Wait I'm confused, is speculating about the academics of kids still not okay or is it fine now?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    Wait I'm confused, is speculating about the academics of kids still not okay or is it fine now?
    Who is this directed at? What I said was innocuous and wasn't meant to imply that it's an academic issue. I'm including all possibilities.

No but I know he was thought of as a pretty good recruit. Not sure if his stock has dropped or if it's academics etc
    Of the 4 NDTP forwards currently committed to BU for next year, the general ranking appears to be: Farabee, Wise, Weiss, DeBoer. But that is sort of looking at offensive stats and NHL draft rankings which wouldn't give as much weight to a guy who may bring the intangibles and be a 4-year guy. I don't know if Weiss or DeBoer would fall into that sort of category.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

ALso, I believe all 4 forwards signed their NLOI. Does that mean that neither side can break the deal unilaterally? Meaning it would have to be a mutual agreement (unless it's for academics, which I am sure is spelled out in the NLOI - you have to get in to the school).
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Opposite Girl

Who is this directed at? What I said was innocuous and wasn't meant to imply that it's an academic issue. I'm including all possibilities.
    I think indirectly directed at you but more directed at those here who questioned another poster who, out of the blue, questioned Brady Tkachuk's academic standing for no apparent reason and said something about him having a rich father to fall back on. Or something like that. People here took that poster to task for randomly brining up Tkachuk's grades without any reason to and then you mentioned academics in a completely innocuous way

I did see somewhere that the decision was not hockey related-
    Also I see emergence of Big 10 and NCHC as leading conferences will lure more top recruits
    BU is not scheduled as I see it so far to play any of those teams next year
    Good to play ECAC teams but need a better mix on schedule

Thread Information