Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Quote Originally Posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I believe so, which I think the President, Provost and other top brass are involved in. Non-BU guy believed to be one of the finalists; other finalists are BU guys.
    Makes sense that the President, Provost, upper level types are involved now. Final round of interviews. Time for one name to emerge. About a week, I imagine.

Super Serial

Globe says it's down to McEachern or Bennett. Odd choice of a former BU guy if true.

You are actually considering Bennett? He is a good hockey coach and motivator but currently my second least respected person in North America (next to #45).

Super Serial
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    You are actually considering Bennett? He is a good hockey coach and motivator but currently my second least respected person in North America (next to #45).
    I don't know how true it is or how serious the consideration is. Could just be them interviewing a bon BU person to appease the administration and not appear like it's an inside job. But I too am not overly impressed enough to think it's worth it. I'm VERY puzzled if they think McEachern is a qualified finalist but Albie is not.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Globe says it's down to McEachern or Bennett. Odd choice of a former BU guy if true.
    Can't imagine the BU family would be thrilled with Bennett and McEachern seems like an odd choice to me as well considering the other options.

If Albie stays, sounds like he's content being a Steve Miller.

Also, saw Josh Lawrence was taken in first round of the Q draft. That could be quite a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Can't imagine the BU family would be thrilled with Bennett and McEachern seems like an odd choice to me as well considering the other options.

If Albie stays, sounds like he's content being a Steve Miller.

Globe report and Herald report list different names. The papers are fishing. News sells.
    BU admin has nothing to gain leaking to the press or rushing to a decision.
    It's still early in the President/Provost stage... look to mid-end of week for an announcement.
    Good goalies let the shooter make the first move.
    Last edited by Berkshire BU Fan; 06-02-2018 at 09:18 PM.

Almost an endorsement coming from an RPI fan.

Veteran
    I wonder how accurate the info is? McEachern would be cool (although surprising). I canít think of someone that Iíd feel less interested in than Bennett.

Super Serial
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
    Globe report and Herald report list different names. The papers are fishing. News sells.
    BU admin has nothing to gain leaking to the press or rushing to a decision.
    It's still early in the President/Provost stage... look to mid-end of week for an announcement.
    Good goalies let the shooter make the first move.
    Where's the Herald report you saw?

Where's the Herald report you saw?
    Sorry, my mistake. I was reading Mike McMahon in College Hockey News. Herald's been quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Also, saw Josh Lawrence was taken in first round of the Q draft. That could be quite a battle.
    Even though teams usually wait until later rounds for guys that they think will be a challenge to talk out of the NCAA route, for being one of the consensus top 3-5 picks available, and given that the head coach of his NCAA team just left, I was actually pleased, as I thought he would be taken even higher.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
    Almost an endorsement coming from an RPI fan.
    Perhaps.

He is a good coach. There is no denying it. However, he throws temper tantrums when he loses, just like #45. I don't think that is something one wants in a coach.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar

Perhaps.

He is a good coach. There is no denying it. However, he throws temper tantrums when he loses, just like #45. I don't think that is something one wants in a coach.
    I don't know, I've seen several very successful coaches (who also won national titles) throw tantrums when they lost. It shows that they have passion.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    I don't know, I've seen several very successful coaches (who also won national titles) throw tantrums when they lost. It shows that they have passion.

Sean
    He's yours then.

BTW, I wonder how the change in coach will affect Evan Tironese's future at BU.

Is BU putting Bennett's name out there to try to gauge a reaction to the hiring of a non BU guy
    Think most BU people would strongly oppose as long as viable internal candidates available

i think Bennett is a Darn good coach.

If Bennett had previously coached at BU like a Mike Cavanaugh/BC it would make more sense to me or if there weren't any good candidates in the BU family. Wonder what the salary is and if all the previous candidates mentioned want the job.

Veteran

Bennet might be enough to make me finally decide to opt out of my season tickets. Maybe itís the push over the edge I need.

If it were Bennett, his teams play disciplined defense and have a high scoring offense, scoring goals in bunches (his wolf pack mentality).
    It's crowd pleasing formula.

Thread Information