Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Dear Supporters of BU Hockey,

Thank you for your ongoing support of BU Hockey. As you likely know by now, David Quinn has accepted the head coaching position with the New York Rangers. David returned to his alma mater as our head coach five years ago, and I am grateful for how hard he and his coaching staff have worked and for how well they have represented BU. Four NCAA Tournaments, two Hockey East titles and one national championship game appearance are a great legacy of success! Please join me in wishing David well in the NHL and rooting for his future success.

With that said, we respectfully turn our attention to our bright future. Our objective will not change: we expect to be among the very best programs in college hockey, year in and year out, and to contend for the national championship. I am confident we will attract a premier coach who embraces those expectations and helps our student-athletes fulfill their goals. This is a time where your support of our hockey program, our athletic department and our university shines through to prospective candidates, so I want to take a moment and acknowledge your commitment to BU, which will help us accomplish what we will achieve in the future.

Our search for our next head coach already has begun and we will be in touch as we progress through this process. We will find the next person to continue the proud tradition that is BU Hockey and I look forward to introducing our next head coach to you soon.

Once again, we appreciate your support of Terrier Hockey. Go BU!

Sincerely,
    Drew

-nice touch

Fox 25 just posted on Facebook, "The head coach of the hockey team at Boston University is saying goodbye to the Bulldogs and hello to the Rangers!"

Blackhawks!!!

Saying "We didn't want him anyway, 'cause he's a jerk" when you lose a prize recruit to your chief rival is in Chapter One of the "How to be a Raging Fanboy" Guide book. Just. Don't.

BU Hockey: Blue Chipper Balls
    It Happened!!!!

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Saying "We didn't want him anyway, 'cause he's a jerk" when you lose a prize recruit to your chief rival is in Chapter One of the "How to be a Raging Fanboy" Guide book. Just. Don't.

BU Hockey: Blue Chipper Balls
    But did we "lose" him to BC if we didn't recruit him? There was little to no indication that BU made any effort to recruit him.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Loosely translated: "If he does not win 2 Beanpots, 2 Hockey East Championships and 2 National Championships in his first two years he stinks and should be fired"
    I'll settle for one national championship.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    As for Wahlstrom, he's a 1-2 year player. I highly doubt any coach would turn away from that talent because of rumors about annoying parents. There are boatloads of those in the sports world. I suppose if you already have the potential for a lot of early departures you might shy away from Wahlstrom but for BC, this is the kind of player they needed to boost what they already have.
    Agreed on the annoying parents, but the coachability is pretty darn important.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Saw on Twitter that Weiss found a new home at UNO. Hope he does well there.

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    Knew that was coming- unkown on why it was happening who was unhappy- Player or BU
    Could it have been an admissions issue- Was not a factor in under 18 tourney but neither was DeBoer

A BU commit having to go elsewhere. Somewhere Agganis is weeping in a corner.

Agreed on the annoying parents, but the coachability is pretty darn important.
    True but easier to deal with if only have him for a short time. Plus I am not sure I am buying the he's not coachable angle. Who has reported that? Just because his parents might be a pain doesn't make him uncoachable.

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    Knew that was coming- unkown on why it was happening who was unhappy- Player or BU
    Could it have been an admissions issue- Was not a factor in under 18 tourney but neither was DeBoer
    It could never be that BU found someone better. They would never do that!

A BU commit having to go elsewhere. Somewhere Agganis is weeping in a corner.
    How many BC recruits are looking elsewhere right now?

Whoosh

Whoosh
    You could say it differently....

!!!

Ole chrissy

Whew! Glad we've go that 'coach' thing resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    Admissions is what I had heard a while back.

Great stat:

So, who do we like for the replacement?

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by BUPhD View Post
    So, who do we like for the replacement?
    I'll be surprised if it's not one of Albie, Sacco, Pandolfo, Donatelli, with Greeley as a long shot.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I'll be surprised if it's not one of Albie, Sacco, Pandolfo, Donatelli, with Greeley as a long shot.
    I don't understand the Greeley stuff. He's an assistant GM for the Sabres. He wants to be a GM, not a college head coach.

I also don't see Albie as a head coach. I think the best possible outcome for BU is to bring Sacco in and keep Albie as the associate head coach. This ensures continuity as much as possible while also having a sort of big name as head coach (as big as we're going to get this time around).

Thread Information