Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Veteran

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

I assume BU was going for this kid as well... not sure if we were ever in the running but the coaching ambiguity can’t be helping right now...

https://twitter.com/mikegrinnell_/st...121938432?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I assume BU was going for this kid as well... not sure if we were ever in the running but the coaching ambiguity can’t be helping right now...

https://twitter.com/mikegrinnell_/st...121938432?s=21
    From what I heard, that would not be a smart assumption.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Quote Originally Posted by DLG View Post
    Felt Crone was not used properly the past season
    May have had issues with size and defense but a goal scorer which Bu needed being only about 6 deep at forward
    had non productive 3 and 4th line till the very end when Crone was used more
    Felt Crone was too slow. He has the skill though.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by defkit View Post
    From what I heard, that would not be a smart assumption.
    Same, Quinn's staff tended not to go after kids with perceived attitude issues.
    I was formerly a tasty 7-11 beverage. Now I'm a fan of defunct hockey teams.

Not being able to get into Harvard is an attitude issue?

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    No, I've seen numerous rumors that his parents are very...."involved" in his growth and that he's not the most coachable player. Again, rumors, but Quinn's staff did not tend to go after guys who had these kinds of question marks. It's similar reasoning why they didn't even bother to recruit Tolvanen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Setting the Vegas Odds:
    Albie: 3 to 1
    Sacco: 4 to 1
    Pandolfo: 6 to 1
    Donatelli: 10 to 1
    Greeley: 30 to 1
    Young: 30 to 1
    McEachern: 40 to 1
    Leaman: 50 to 1
    Keefe: 60 to 1
    Dennehy: 60 to 1
    Field: 80 to 1
    So Paul Pearl really is the 'pearl of great price.'

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Come on already!!!

If the kid couldn't get into Harvard, he ain't getting into igles land

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    No, I've seen numerous rumors that his parents are very...."involved" in his growth and that he's not the most coachable player. Again, rumors, but Quinn's staff did not tend to go after guys who had these kinds of question marks. It's similar reasoning why they didn't even bother to recruit Tolvanen.
    From a very good source, those were two of the reasons BU didn't pursue Wahlstrom after his decommit from Harvard. As for Tolvanen, BU wasn't interested in putting a shiny illusion into its column, knowing there was zero chance he'd complete high school in time to be NCAA eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    From a very good source, those were two of the reasons BU didn't pursue Wahlstrom after his decommit from Harvard. As for Tolvanen, BU wasn't interested in putting a shiny illusion into its column, knowing there was zero chance he'd complete high school in time to be NCAA eligible.
    Ah yes, the clairvoyant David Quinn. "Putting a shiny illusion into its column"...ya I am sure that's what Jerry York was trying to do. My god, what a toolbag you are.

As for Wahlstrom, he's a 1-2 year player. I highly doubt any coach would turn away from that talent because of rumors about annoying parents. There are boatloads of those in the sports world. I suppose if you already have the potential for a lot of early departures you might shy away from Wahlstrom but for BC, this is the kind of player they needed to boost what they already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
    Setting the Vegas Odds:
    Albie: 3 to 1
    Sacco: 4 to 1
    Pandolfo: 6 to 1
    Donatelli: 10 to 1
    Greeley: 30 to 1
    Young: 30 to 1
    McEachern: 40 to 1
    Leaman: 50 to 1
    Keefe: 60 to 1
    Dennehy: 60 to 1
    Field: 80 to 1
    Arséne Wenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Still have not heard to the few who post here who wanted him gone all season. You got your wish! You must be out celebrating, which is why we haven’t heard from you.
    Not celebrating...I have been critical, yes, but that goes with the territory of being a fan. I can have an opinion - it's my right. That being said, I wish him the best. I don't know the man personally so everything said on these boards is done in the context of being a fan (short for "fanatic"). There is no animosity intended.

I will say this...he is taking on a brutal responsibility in the most critical city in the country with more scrutiny than anywhere else. There won't be a lot of tolerance for failure and the accomplishments will have to be realized quickly.

I supposed the only "question" I would have is (besides the obvious one of money) what caused the change of heart? I'm not naive; I understand that when you take a new position you have to say things like "This is my dream job," and "I'm really comfortable here and feel like part of the family" and all that stuff. But it just seems as though he didn't really see it through, so I'm wondering if something happened to sour him on the entire experience.

Holding court

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    Same, Quinn's staff tended not to go after kids with perceived attitude issues.
    Good to see Quinn learned from the late Parker years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by chickod View Post
    what caused the change of heart?
    $12.5 million sure helped. Also NYR giving him five years on the contract and the understanding that the rebuild of their roster is a multi-year process. It's a tough job to turn down.

there's a good buck in that racket.

GQ is a competitive guy. He sees haskol and now Monty go pro and has to be thinking “I am better looking than both of them, no reason not to be on that stage too.”

Good for him. Hope he wins every game except when he plays the pens.

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    GQ is a competitive guy. He sees haskol and now Monty go pro and has to be thinking “I am better looking than both of them, no reason not to be on that stage too.”

Good for him. Hope he wins every game except when he plays the pens.
    "I'm better looking than Monty," is kind of a low bar.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Regarding "being happy that Quinn is gone" as someone who's also critical of Quinn's coaching abilities it seems he finally found a way to get the most out of his players not named or on a line with Eichel during the 2nd half of last year. That would be 4 1/2 years into his tenure. Whether that was an anomaly or if he's actually improved I don't know, but his departure is survivable provided the team can still land the recruits that have gotten the program back on track after the end of Parker's tenure. I'd hire Albie to see what he can do. If he blows can his a ss in a couple of years and then go out and get a big name if needed.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Veteran

Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-23-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    If he blows can his a ss in a couple of years and then go out and get a big name if needed.
    Loosely translated: "If he does not win 2 Beanpots, 2 Hockey East Championships and 2 National Championships in his first two years he stinks and should be fired"
    Last edited by ericredaxe; 05-23-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Thread Information