This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Knew that was coming- unkown on why it was happening who was unhappy- Player or BU
    Could it have been an admissions issue- Was not a factor in under 18 tourney but neither was DeBoer
    It could never be that BU found someone better. They would never do that!

Comment

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      A BU commit having to go elsewhere. Somewhere Agganis is weeping in a corner.
      How many BC recruits are looking elsewhere right now?

Comment

Whoosh

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Whoosh
          You could say it differently....

!!!

Ole chrissy

Comment

Whew! Glad we've go that 'coach' thing resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              Knew that was coming- unkown on why it was happening who was unhappy- Player or BU
              Could it have been an admissions issue- Was not a factor in under 18 tourney but neither was DeBoer
              Admissions is what I had heard a while back.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Great stat:

Comment

So, who do we like for the replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                    So, who do we like for the replacement?
                    I'll be surprised if it's not one of Albie, Sacco, Pandolfo, Donatelli, with Greeley as a long shot.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      I'll be surprised if it's not one of Albie, Sacco, Pandolfo, Donatelli, with Greeley as a long shot.
                      I don't understand the Greeley stuff. He's an assistant GM for the Sabres. He wants to be a GM, not a college head coach.

I also don't see Albie as a head coach. I think the best possible outcome for BU is to bring Sacco in and keep Albie as the associate head coach. This ensures continuity as much as possible while also having a sort of big name as head coach (as big as we're going to get this time around).

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        This ensures continuity as much as possible while also having a sort of big name as head coach (as big as we're going to get this time around).
                        And why does BU need a big name as head coach? And was Coach Quinn a big name when he was hired?

Union and North Dakota have both done just fine promoting their assistant coaches to head coach. I think BU will be fine as well if they promote Albie.

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                          And why does BU need a big name as head coach? And was Coach Quinn a big name when he was hired?

Union and North Dakota have both done just fine promoting their assistant coaches to head coach. I think BU will be fine as well if they promote Albie.

Sean
                          I agree there and I think the lack of HC experience for Albie as a slight against him is a bit overblown. That said, if he did have HC experience on his resume, this would seemingly be a foregone conclusion.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            I agree there and I think the lack of HC experience for Albie as a slight against him is a bit overblown. That said, if he did have HC experience on his resume, this would seemingly be a foregone conclusion.
                            Albie has 14 years of assistant coaching - if thats not enough to get a head coaching gig than I am not sure what is. He has put his time in and deserves this opportunity in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                              Albie has 14 years of assistant coaching - if thats not enough to get a head coaching gig than I am not sure what is. He has put his time in and deserves this opportunity in my opinion.
                              Agreed. I feel like people forget he was an assistant at, like, 47 other schools before he came to BU.

And really, this plethora of former Terriers able to take the reins is a pretty cool problem to have. I'm not giving my preference as it doesn't matter what I think. Albie would seem to be the ideal choice and because he would bring a sense of continuity for the recruits coming this summer and the next few years. They all seem pretty interchangeable in that I think they all have the background to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
                                Yes, Quinn was a big name guy when he was hired. He was very well known and highly regarded for player development. I think BU needs a big name coach in order to keep the recruits we have lined up for the next several years. A few months ago, it was posted here that BU was #1 in the country in revenue. ESPN listed BU as the #1 place to watch hockey prospects in the world. I would prefer we get someone with a lot of coaching experience at the highest levels.

As far as Albie goes, I would hope that BU would not make the same mistake twice. We don't need another recruiter as head coach. The biggest issue this team had over the past four years was that the head coach and the primary assistant were both recruiters, not x's and o's and in-game coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X