Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    long season. take a break. no big deal.
    Yeah, that is what I disagree with. If there aren't going to be any Olympics, I'd like to see our best players that we can get out there participating in the worlds. Injuries? Sure. I'm tired? That's lame.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Yeah, that is what I disagree with. If there aren't going to be any Olympics, I'd like to see our best players that we can get out there participating in the worlds. Injuries? Sure. I'm tired? That's lame.
      this are yearly nothings. tomAto, tomahto
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Charlie MacAvoy has been added to the USA National Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Charlie MacAvoy has been added to the USA National Team.
          Bonino headed to Denmark to join Team USA, too.
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

NHLPA story on ERod and family
            https://www.nhlpa.com/news/1-15117/h...gues-household
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

interesting email on tickets. seems one can exchange their ducats this year. if you can't make the uhn game, one will be able to exchange those 2 for a pair of seats to umo for example.

interesting

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                interesting email on tickets. seems one can exchange their ducats this year. if you can't make the uhn game, one will be able to exchange those 2 for a pair of seats to umo for example.

interesting
                NU has had this for a while, but they limit the games you can trade for. I think last year it was
                Lowell in like week 3 of the season, AIC on New Years Eve, or UConn mid-Beanpot. Not really a great selection unless you got it in against Lowell in October.
                Last edited by TheRevengeance; 05-18-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Email reads you can't trade for bc

And that was it

Comment

Quinn to Rangers talk reheating again.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Quinn to Rangers talk reheating again.
                      Wait...what??? I thought we closed the book on this last month??!!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Wait...what??? I thought we closed the book on this last month??!!?!
                        Looks like strong likelihood he takes the job at this point. Seems NYR came back to him in some capacity.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Hopefully Parker will talk some sense into him.

Comment

7:43PM: Bob McKenzie says that while a deal is not yet done, David Quinn "appears to be fairly well down the road in the process" of becoming the next coach of the Rangers.

5:24PM: According to Elliotte Friedman, "word this afternoon" is that the Rangers focus is, again, on BU's David Quinn to replace Alain Vigneault.

On Thursday, Bob McKenzie said on his Podcast, "every couple of days there seem to be reports that Quinn has told BU he is coming back and not going pro and then his name pops back up as a candidate. I don't have a handle at this moment on if David Quinn is available or not but his name keeps popping back up, percolating around as a potential candidate for the Rangers but I don't necessarily get the sense that he is this obvious choice front runner that is about to get an offer. Could be wrong but that is my take."

Quinn has been linked to the Rangers since the start of their coaching search

It's been reported that Quinn has told friends he will remain at Boston University but that he had not officially informed the Rangers of that decision.

Quinn was also named the head coach for Team USA's World Juniors team this coming December.

Quinn was an assistant at BU for three seasons while Kevin Shattenkirk was there and assistant GM Chris Drury is also a BU alum.

He was reportedly an option for Buffalo last summer and has said in the past that he has the "best job in all of hockey" and that it would take "something special" for him to leave BU. (WKBW)

There are currently 12 players from Boston University that have been drafted in recent years and 18 BU alums played in the NHL at one point this season.

Quinn was an associate coach at BU from 2004-05 to 2008-09, head coach of Lake Erie in the AHL from 2009-10 to 2011-12, an assistant with the Avs in 2012-13 and has been head coach at BU since 2013-14 to the present.

Steve Greeley, formerly the Director of Player Personnel for the Rangers in 2015-16 and 2016-17, was an associate coach with Quinn at BU in 2013-14 and 2014-15.

Greeley is currently the assistant GM of the Sabres.

sny.com

Comment

5/18/18 | 7:47PM: McKenzie says that Jeff Gorton is in Denmark at the World Championships right now so nothing is believed to be "imminent."

He adds that Quinn has already interviewed with the Rangers and appears to be their "primary target." (McKenzie)

Comment

2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X