Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    Yeah. I admire Frost's willingness to deal from his depth, so I'm not opposed to trading a forward. I just think it would have been better to send Agnew to a team with depth on the blueline that it was willing to part with.
    What's all this talk about dealing and trading players? Next thing you know the top recruits will be demanding "no trade clauses" as part of their commitment!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

(Comrade Fox)

Quote Originally Posted by AAA Dad View Post
    I'm hearing the Gophers have a new goalie for 2018-2019 season..News should be out soon! Go Gophers!!!
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 21-20-4
    Women's: 10-15-4

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

If it is indeed Sydney Scobee transfering from Vermont then there are potentially 4 goalies on the roster...Yikes.

I was kind of hoping maybe we swiped the SSP goalie recruit Kaity McKenzie going to Cornell. She might have been able to play defense...
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 04-05-2018 at 05:05 PM.

The NCAA should have added some women to the video, but it is centered around the men's Frozen Four.

https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...a-state-hockey

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    there are potentially 4 goalies on the roster...Yikes.
    Will both of the younger back-ups return?

Quote Originally Posted by EastFan1 View Post
    Will both of the younger back-ups return?
    What 2 younger back ups? Gulstene will be Soph and DeAngelo and May will be junior and Senior.

I would imagine Junior Scobee and Soph Gulstene will be Main 2 competing for the Gopher net.

What 2 younger back ups? Gulstene will be Soph and DeAngelo and May will be junior and Senior.

I would imagine Junior Scobee and Soph Gulstene will be Main 2 competing for the Gopher net.
    I was wondering if they would give May a pass (no idea what sort of promises were made or her expectations) or red shirt somebody but the only logical RS would be Gulstene and I don't see that happening

Yeah looking closer at the stats. With the number of goalies on roster I wouldn't figure the #8 HE save percentage goalie would come in as the likely starter but now I see the logic.

Yeah looking closer at the stats. With the number of goalies on roster I wouldn't figure the #8 HE save percentage goalie would come in as the likely starter but now I see the logic.
    As the Badgers demonstrated this past season, how the team's defense plays in front of their goalie can help boost her save percentage. Hopefully we'll see the same next season for whoever earns the starter role for the Gophers.

(Comrade Fox)

HE was loaded at the goalie position last year. Scobee kept us in a lot of games.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

Men's: 21-20-4
    Women's: 10-15-4

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Congratulations to Gopher recruit Taylor Heise on being named the "ALL-USA Girls Hockey Player of the Year". Congrats also to Gracie Ostertag, Emily Oden and Madeline Wethington on making the First, Second and Third Teams respectively.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/all-usa-...heise-red-wing

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Congratulations to Gopher recruit Taylor Heise on being named the "ALL-USA Girls Hockey Player of the Year". Congrats also to Gracie Ostertag, Emily Oden and Madeline Wethington on making the First, Second and Third Teams respectively.

Interesting lots of rodent born girls heading east, just a little too far east, but UW can't take them all, poor young ladies.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...d=89-537586588

Enjoyed this story about a couple alums you guys might remember

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...d=89-537586588

Enjoyed this story about a couple alums you guys might remember
    Thanks for the link. Hard to forget who along with Kelly Stephens made up the greatest line to ever play women's hockey. IMAO as someone out east might note.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-12-2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Badger lines don't even come close.
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Interesting lots of rodent born girls heading east, just a little too far east, but UW can't take them all, poor young ladies.
    Minnesota has always been about growing the sport, the other 49 are net takers but without Minnesota kids the sport would be a lot poorer. Too bad other states don't care enough

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post

Can't wait to see Emily Oden play again. Too bad she will be in the wrong maroon and gold uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Can't wait to see Emily Oden play again. Too bad she will be in the wrong maroon and gold uniform.
    As bad as that may seem, Linser and Hughes, will certainly be in what you would consider the "right" maroon and gold uniforms,

One of the things I hate about getting older is how fast the seasons fly by. It seems like spring and summer only lasted a few minutes and here it is winter again. So, rather than ponder the fractal geometry of the trees visible outside in today’s snowstorm, I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.

Taking the five centers on the roster in alphabetic order:
    • First is Granderson, centering the fifth line between Keller and Pieper, with Smith in reserve.
    • Next is Heise, centering a speed line between Williamson and Woken. If Williamson’s health impedes her, Keller can step in.
    • The next is Pannek, centering a gritty line between Schammel and Oden.
    • After her is Amy Potomak, centering a magic (now you see it now you don’t) line between her sister Sarah and Skaja.
    • Finally, there is Wente centering a sniper line between Boreen and Zumwinkle. If Boreen takes a redshirt season as I have read, then Skarzinski takes her place.

Like I said, a better pastime than fractals but not as good as sitting outside at a baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
    I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.
    Oh God no!! Don't do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
    One of the things I hate about getting older is how fast the seasons fly by. It seems like spring and summer only lasted a few minutes and here it is winter again. So, rather than ponder the fractal geometry of the trees visible outside in today’s snowstorm, I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.

Taking the five centers on the roster in alphabetic order:
    • First is Granderson, centering the fifth line between Keller and Pieper, with Smith in reserve.
    • Next is Heise, centering a speed line between Williamson and Woken. If Williamson’s health impedes her, Keller can step in.
    • The next is Pannek, centering a gritty line between Schammel and Oden.
    • After her is Amy Potomak, centering a magic (now you see it now you don’t) line between her sister Sarah and Skaja.
    • Finally, there is Wente centering a sniper line between Boreen and Zumwinkle. If Boreen takes a redshirt season as I have read, then Skarzinski takes her place.

Like I said, a better pastime than fractals but not as good as sitting outside at a baseball game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Oh God no!! Don't do it!!!
    I am a high end hockey coach and you guys are ****ing idiots. They haven't even had any practices yet. What do you dumbasses know anyways? How dare you project potential lines for next season in April while the snow hasn't even gone yet?
    (I need to take a break from posting but this sucked me in, just like it did on the BC thread)

Thread Information