X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    The whole "Sconnie" thing happened just before or was just happening when I moved back to Madison in late 2008. I had no idea, so I remember asking somebody and being told, or reading somewhere that a "Sconnie" was specifically a UW student from Minnesota, here taking advantage of the reciprocity agreement. How accurate that was I don't know, but it clearly doesn't have that meaning anymore. So I don't know if I'd call it an insult, exactly, but ...
    Urban Dictionary is interesting...Especially the second one although not specifically someone from Minnesota.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sconnie
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      You just can't let the Kessel thing go, can you?
      NEVER! Kessels and Farve.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      When you say "Sconnie"
      You start a brawl...

NICE! You want a piece of me!?!
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        NEVER! Kessels and Farve.

NICE! You want a piece of me!?!
        I see that it's going to be a long off-season.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          I see that it's going to be a long off-season.
          Fine, I'll just go back into my den and fantasize about 2 Sconnie players getting hat tricks against the rodents every game.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            The whole "Sconnie" thing happened just before or was just happening when I moved back to Madison in late 2008. I had no idea, so I remember asking somebody and being told, or reading somewhere that a "Sconnie" was specifically a UW student from Minnesota, here taking advantage of the reciprocity agreement. How accurate that was I don't know, but it clearly doesn't have that meaning anymore. So I don't know if I'd call it an insult, exactly, but ...
            that's probably pretty accurate, the first people I heard using "Sconnie" were people that went to school in WI when they came home, so I suppose they were called that because they used the term

Fine, I'll just go back into my den and fantasize about 2 Sconnie players getting hat tricks against the rodents every game.
            he did say it was a fantasy, folks
            Last edited by pokechecker; 03-23-2018, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Looking forward to having #19 back on the team for the upcoming season!

Gold medalist Pannek welcomed back at Benilde-St. Margaret’s
              http://thecatholicspirit.com/news/lo...-st-margarets/
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Cool video that appeared on one of our local TV stations last night. Fun to see the Wild players on the bench give the women a standing ovation in front of 19,000 fans.

http://www.fox9.com/video
                (scroll down a bit and look for "U.S. Women's Olympic Hockey Team gets hometown welcome at Wild game")

Comment

Rumor has it Frosty is a candidate for the men's job.
                  So I guess Frosty bombed his interview...
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                    So I guess Frosty bombed his interview...
                    I can't believe a coach of his pedigree would be so overlooked by his own University. Another black eye for women's sports.

Comment

I can't believe a coach of his pedigree would be so overlooked by his own University. Another black eye for women's sports.
                      You really want him out of the women's job don't you. Actually, careful what you wish for with Muzzy making a name for herself with the Buckeyes she would be a shoe in if he left (and maybe get even better results).
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Was Mark Johnson "overlooked by his own University" two years ago when the men's coaching job opened up at Wisconsin?

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                          Actually, careful what you wish for with Muzzy making a name for herself with the Buckeyes she would be a shoe in if he left.
                          I think Joel Johnson would be the shoe in; it helps to have your foot in the door, and the Gophers' record in the years Johnson has been on staff speaks for itself. Although admittedly, it was even better with Muzzy on staff.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                            Was Mark Johnson "overlooked by his own University" two years ago when the men's coaching job opened up at Wisconsin?
                            No, only MN does bad things, WI never ever ever does anything wrong.

I used to think that a large number of MN fans suffered from cranial insertion but this board is convincing me they would have to go a long way to catch down to Badger fans

Comment

BTW - I want it noted I called it, right here on this board.

Motzko won the audition with his teams performance against Air Force!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                                I thought it would be too obvious if I put the on that post.....I guess it worked out ok. Johnston or Muzzy would just keep the train rolling. What we have to do is get that guy out of the Nursing School. Clearly that program is going to be a thorn in our sides for awhile, especially with all those 21 yr old freshwomen.

Comment

Working...
                                X