• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    (Games were Saturday/Sunday)
    Saturday's SOG were Minnesota 23, Wisconsin 27
    Sunday's SOG were Minnesota 31, Wisconsin 29
    Totals both games: Minnesota 54, Wisconsin 56
    Each team won a game.

Can't get much more even than that.
    Not saying both games were not competitive. A split was probably accurate as to how the weekend played out and moving forward it will be a toss up. However, Friday nights game was as even as it gets. Saturday not as much. Minnesota had 14 shots on goal through 2 1/12 periods with the play carried mostly by Wisconsin. Minnesota threw a dozen shots on goal in about a 4 minute span when the Badgers took back to back penalties. Nobody I talked to in the lobby from Minnesota felt like game 2 was a toss up. With that said I have no problem thinking the the Gophers could take to Wisconsin on another night.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      (Games were Saturday/Sunday)
      Saturday's SOG were Minnesota 23, Wisconsin 27
      Sunday's SOG were Minnesota 31, Wisconsin 29
      Totals both games: Minnesota 54, Wisconsin 56
      Each team won a game.

Can't get much more even than that.
      Also, if shots on goal reflected how a game went, based on the passed 2 Frozen Fours Wisconsin would have back to back National Championships...instead they have to eat a little crow.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyThumper View Post
        Also, if shots on goal reflected how a game went, based on the passed 2 Frozen Fours Wisconsin would have back to back National Championships...instead they have to eat a little crow.
        I would certainly agree that shots on goal are just a rough indicator and do not tell the whole story. I did watch both games in their entirety and thought that, taken as a whole, the teams looked pretty even. Exceptions were the 2nd and 3rd periods of Sunday's game which were dominated by the Badgers and Gophers respectively.

In any case I think the Gophers had to be pretty pleased with their split on the road against the No. 1 team in the nation.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Also, if shots on goal reflected how a game went, based on the passed 2 Frozen Fours Wisconsin would have back to back National Championships...
          I suspect that there is a little extrapolation involved here, as UW had zero shots on goal in the 2018 championship game.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            I suspect that there is a little extrapolation involved here, as UW had zero shots on goal in the 2018 championship game.
            All it took was a little toothpaste to gum up the works...
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
              All it took was a little toothpaste to gum up the works...
              Agreed, I switched to Crest immediately following that game. I think winning so easily the week before made the Badgers a little overconfident!

Comment

Saturday not as much. Minnesota had 14 shots on goal through 2 1/12 periods with the play carried mostly by Wisconsin. Minnesota threw a dozen shots on goal in about a 4 minute span when the Badgers took back to back penalties.
                As a general rule, "That game wasn't close because one team dominated, as long as you ignore the part of the game that the other team dominated," is pretty weak analysis.

Comment

a LITTLE?!

Huh? Friday nights game was dead even, Saturdays was not.
                  I missed Friday's game game I guess. That was the most even of the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
                    I missed Friday's game I guess. That was the most even of the weekend
                    That's true, but I think the Gophers stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so you would give them the edge with that.

Comment

Probably shouldn't be but, I am a bit concerned about tonight's game with Bemidji State. Them being a team in green and all. They always seem to play their best against Minnesota...Even when they aren't having a very good season like this year...But maybe this year they don't have good enough goaltending?

Comment

Through seven minutes, this may be the most pathetic effort I've ever seen from this team.

Comment

Well it's those high-risk plays that are really burning the Gophers don't you know
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

One minute of inspired hockey, and nineteen minutes of a no effort horror show leaves Minnesota down 3-2 after a period.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Well it's those high-risk plays that are really burning the Gophers don't you know
                              High risk plays like passing the puck back to the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Certainly was on #5's part. This is like a flashback to last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X