This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Congratulations to Gopher recruit Taylor Heise on being named the "ALL-USA Girls Hockey Player of the Year". Congrats also to Gracie Ostertag, Emily Oden and Madeline Wethington on making the First, Second and Third Teams respectively.

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/all-usa-...heise-red-wing
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Congratulations to Gopher recruit Taylor Heise on being named the "ALL-USA Girls Hockey Player of the Year". Congrats also to Gracie Ostertag, Emily Oden and Madeline Wethington on making the First, Second and Third Teams respectively.

Interesting lots of rodent born girls heading east, just a little too far east, but UW can't take them all, poor young ladies.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...d=89-537586588

Enjoyed this story about a couple alums you guys might remember

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kar...d=89-537586588

Enjoyed this story about a couple alums you guys might remember
          Thanks for the link. Hard to forget who along with Kelly Stephens made up the greatest line to ever play women's hockey. IMAO as someone out east might note.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-12-2018, 07:38 PM. Reason: Badger lines don't even come close.
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Interesting lots of rodent born girls heading east, just a little too far east, but UW can't take them all, poor young ladies.
            Minnesota has always been about growing the sport, the other 49 are net takers but without Minnesota kids the sport would be a lot poorer. Too bad other states don't care enough

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post

Can't wait to see Emily Oden play again. Too bad she will be in the wrong maroon and gold uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                Can't wait to see Emily Oden play again. Too bad she will be in the wrong maroon and gold uniform.
                As bad as that may seem, Linser and Hughes, will certainly be in what you would consider the "right" maroon and gold uniforms,
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

One of the things I hate about getting older is how fast the seasons fly by. It seems like spring and summer only lasted a few minutes and here it is winter again. So, rather than ponder the fractal geometry of the trees visible outside in today’s snowstorm, I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.

Taking the five centers on the roster in alphabetic order:
                  • First is Granderson, centering the fifth line between Keller and Pieper, with Smith in reserve.
                  • Next is Heise, centering a speed line between Williamson and Woken. If Williamson’s health impedes her, Keller can step in.
                  • The next is Pannek, centering a gritty line between Schammel and Oden.
                  • After her is Amy Potomak, centering a magic (now you see it now you don’t) line between her sister Sarah and Skaja.
                  • Finally, there is Wente centering a sniper line between Boreen and Zumwinkle. If Boreen takes a redshirt season as I have read, then Skarzinski takes her place.

Like I said, a better pastime than fractals but not as good as sitting outside at a baseball game.

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
                    I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.
                    Oh God no!! Don't do it!!!
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

One of the things I hate about getting older is how fast the seasons fly by. It seems like spring and summer only lasted a few minutes and here it is winter again. So, rather than ponder the fractal geometry of the trees visible outside in today’s snowstorm, I thought I might take a shot at predicting forward lines for the upcoming season.

Taking the five centers on the roster in alphabetic order:
                      • First is Granderson, centering the fifth line between Keller and Pieper, with Smith in reserve.
                      • Next is Heise, centering a speed line between Williamson and Woken. If Williamson’s health impedes her, Keller can step in.
                      • After her is Amy Potomak, centering a magic (now you see it now you don’t) line between her sister Sarah and Skaja.
                      • Finally, there is Wente centering a sniper line between Boreen and Zumwinkle. If Boreen takes a redshirt season as I have read, then Skarzinski takes her place.

Like I said, a better pastime than fractals but not as good as sitting outside at a baseball game.
                      Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      Oh God no!! Don't do it!!!
                      I am a high end hockey coach and you guys are ****ing idiots. They haven't even had any practices yet. What do you dumbasses know anyways? How dare you project potential lines for next season in April while the snow hasn't even gone yet?
                      (I need to take a break from posting but this sucked me in, just like it did on the BC thread)

Comment

I don't think there's any question that Kelly Pannek will be centering the 1st line, and I'd be very surprised if Frosty doesn't reunite her with Sarah Potomak. They've obviously proven that they work very well together, with Kelly being such a good passer and Sarah knowing how to bury those set-ups.

And with her shot I wouldn't be at all surprised if Frosty decides to put Grace Z on the other wing. If so, with the experience gained in her freshman season, she could very well double her goal production from the 17 she scored in 2017-18. That would be some 1st line.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                          I am a high end hockey coach and.....
                          .....and the rest of your post was lost to my belly laughs. Thanks so much! I needed a good hearty laugh like that. Old men like you are a joke. Never start a post like that if you want to be taken seriously. What a total loser! Oh my tummy hurts now! Lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                            Never start a post like that if you want to be taken seriously.
                            That was the point. He's not a hockey coach, and he wasn't trying to be taken seriously. Verstehen?
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

One of the things I hate about getting older is how fast the seasons fly by. It seems like spring and summer only lasted a few minutes and here it is winter again. So, rather than ponder the fractal geometry of the trees visible outside in today’s snowstorm...

You can see trees? We haven't been able to see out of our windows for two days. Neils Fabian Helge von Koch observed a similar snowstorm in the early 1900's in Stockholm. It's funny what people will come up with when they're bored and there's no more college hockey to watch.
                              Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-14-2018, 07:07 PM. Reason: It does explain how curling was invented though.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                                I am a high end hockey coach and you guys are ****ing idiots. They haven't even had any practices yet. What do you dumbasses know anyways? How dare you project potential lines for next season in April while the snow hasn't even gone yet?
                                (I need to take a break from posting but this sucked me in, just like it did on the BC thread)
                                Well, that's nice and thank you for your coaching. Now we have both a high end and a rear end hockey coach posting here.
                                Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 04-14-2018, 09:50 PM. Reason: Diversity is our strength.

Comment

Working...
                                X