This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gophers 2018-2019

Couldn't tell you the last time I saw a 5 on 3 shorty.
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Skarzynski from Ostertag and Boreen makes it 3-0. Minnesota looks both faster and stronger than SLU.

Comment

The only way we could lose this game would be to keep giving them 5 on 3's.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          The only way we could lose this game would be to keep giving them 5 on 3's.
          It would help if the refs could come to a firm decision about what is and isn't a penalty.

Comment

After giving up a power play goal, Knowles makes it 4-1 from Pannek and Schammel.

I'm not sure just how much better the D is playing today (obviously some, just based on the scoring), because the backchecking forwards are just swallowing the Saints whole. Which is a positive development in its own right.

Comment

The line calls are even more bizarre than the penalties. SLU just got called for icing on a play where Gulstene came out and played the puck.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                It would help if the refs could come to a firm decision about what is and isn't a penalty.
                Experience Hockey East Officiating(TM)
                https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
                https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
                NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
                Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Pannek nets another shortie to make it 5-1. Over the last two weeks, the Gophers are scoring far more goals on their opponents' power play than on their own.

Edit: The balance of play is indicated by the fact that I didn't even realize that Minnesota was short handed until I looked at the box score.

Comment

So 5-1 after two. Pannek with the 5th goal after missing what looked like an open net.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Seems like breathing is a penalty on the Gophers. Man, St Lawrence looks like their skating with cement galoshes on...
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I may stop praising a Gopher player's play. It seems when I do they have issues in their next game (see #13). Also, with less than a minute to go in the 2nd period there was another example of the defense getting too "cute" with the puck around their own goal, whew.

The score is great, though.
                        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 11-23-2018, 04:26 PM. Reason: Officiating? Just plain weird.
                        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                          Experience Hockey East Officiating(TM)
                          I do feel for those who have to deal with HEA officiating on a regular basis. This game is not an outlier; they love to blow their whistles.

It's not that what they call couldn't be interpreted as penalties. They just don't have any feel for the game, and their silly calls on things that wouldn't impact the flow of play, do end up having an impact because it totally tilts the ice. I've definitely seen worse games than this in terms of what they call.

On the plus side, the video coverage of today's game is very watchable. Fine work, UVM.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

On the positive side, between periods I've seen a lot of Vermont women's basketball highlights...
                            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Pannek makes it 6-1. Skarzynski makes it 7-1.

At least SLU has that rouge.

Comment

The Saints finally get some sustained pressure for the first time in two periods and make it 7-2.

Comment

Working...
                                X