X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I have an NCA that enjoins me from being employed by, or doing work for a current client of my employer for a period of 12 months after I am separated (whether I resign or get fired), and from trying to woo clients over to a competitor for 24 months. Notably, it does not say I can't work for a competitor. Taking into account my one business law class from a decade ago , I consider this a lot more legally kosher than the NCA at my last job which supposedly prevented me from working any job in the field for 18 months after separation (they did not try to have it enforced, so I think it was just an empty threat for individual contributors).
    I know my current employer said they would fight my non-compete if my previous company tried to enforce it. I could easily move to another position within my current department and as long as I'm not working on the same projects, they said it was generally unenforceable. Even though my current employer was a client of my previous. When you do task-based work, it's fairly limited was my understanding. And since projects are all assigned tasks, tough ****.

It felt good to have someone willing to go to bat for you
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I am not sure the US Government could look any stupider than they did in dealing with the Osho and Seela and her crew. The evidence was a joke (he said/she said for Seela and circumstantial on Osho) and the only reason they won was they basically bullied them all into pleading out cause they didnt want to spend the time and money on trials. When it comes to dealing with cults the last people who should be involved is the US Government they monumentally fail every single time.

And dont get me started on the Oregonians...

edit: Gee shocking the Oregonians dont mind that the ranch is being used as a Christian Kids Resort. Where is Mr. Nike to protest that since it isnt being used for only ranching?
      Last edited by Handyman; 04-03-2018, 06:51 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Was the acting in Roseanne always this bad? It feels like an SNL skit where everyone is reading their lines off the cue card.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          I'm not wondering why they were afraid to quit. I'm wondering why they would sign an agreement in the first place that says that if you quit, you have to pay back 40% of your annual wages and you can't get another job in the industry and compete with us. I would say that's a pretty visible red flag that this company has a problem with employee's quitting and will do anything to stop them from doing so. Apparently no one asked why?
          Paying back salary for quitting and non-competes have been a part of every TV news contract my husband ever signed and he was never on air talent. It's a standard practice.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

If anyone still has faith in the human condition, the Netflix series The Keepers may be for you. Seven hours of stories of sexual abuse by a Catholic priest at a Catholic school in Baltimore, to go along with handing out teenage girls to his friends on the Baltimore police department to rape and sodomize, should pretty much eliminate that problem for you.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              If anyone still has faith in the human condition, the Netflix series The Keepers may be for you. Seven hours of stories of sexual abuse by a Catholic priest at a Catholic school in Baltimore, to go along with handing out teenage girls to his friends on the Baltimore police department to rape and sodomize, should pretty much eliminate that problem for you.
              jfc
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah I saw that a few months ago...thanks for reminding me I had blocked it out :/
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Watched that when it came out. Yeah...its a good one for completely eliminating any faith you may have left in humanity.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    Also sad, Sinclair owns the only viable competitor to WWE.
                    They own NJPW? kappa
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                      They own NJPW? kappa
                      Sinclair owns Ring Of Honor. NJPW is owned by Japanese CCG company Bushiroad.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Bought legion on Blu-ray tonight and watched the first episode again.

I forgot just how good this show is. It’s easily the best show off HBO. And I made a conscious effort to figure out how much super hero there is to the episode. About 30 seconds out of the entire hour.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Bought legion on Blu-ray tonight and watched the first episode again.

I forgot just how good this show is. It’s easily the best show off HBO. And I made a conscious effort to figure out how much super hero there is to the episode. About 30 seconds out of the entire hour.
                          But did you finish wild wild country?

Comment

I haven’t. I forgot about that. I was just too excited about legion starting up again and needed to rewatch/catch back up.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              But did you finish wild wild country?
                              Angie and I both side with the way more with the cult than the Rednecks.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X