X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That would honestly ruin the character for me. It is one thing for her to break bad...it is another for her to be a completely different person. It would be like if Chuck turned out to be Mike or something.
    I would see it as a downward spiral that has happened to most of the characters. Chuck's dead, Gus ends up dead, Jesse is probably certifiably insane by now, Walt is presumably dead, Jimmy is working in a Cinnabon under an assumed ID, Mike is dead, Hector is dead...

Why would Kim be able to escape that? Again, it's possible, and I like the theory, but it IS just one theory.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Oh I know...the theories are fun I am just saying that particular one would ruin a character I happen to like

Have they said how long the series is supposed to go? I only ask because it is going to catch up in time to BB which means we will probably get more future timeline stuff as well. (Mustache Jimmy) Something crazy is going to happen there you can just feel it
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Maybe Wendy is her middle name? She gets hooked on the meds, basically snaps (she got a bit unnerved at this last meeting)...and voila.

No matter what, it's gonna be a fun ride....
        The problem is, she doesn't look like Wendy. Which is what would make it really dumb.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          The problem is, she doesn't look like Wendy. Which is what would make it really dumb.
          You ever see the progression of a crack whore in photos? It's astounding.

And I would guess another season, maybe two? Depends on how fast this one progresses.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            You ever see the progression of a crack whore in photos? It's astounding.

And I would guess another season, maybe two? Depends on how fast this one progresses.
            No. Haven't seen that nasty St. Cloud fan girl with rotten teeth, that always showed up to tailgates in a few years.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              No. Haven't seen that nasty St. Cloud fan girl with rotten teeth, that always showed up to tailgates in a few years.
              Here's one: http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFile...2/81044244.jpg

Comment

I would be really mad if that was kims arc.
                I agree that the Nebraska angle will come in

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I would be really mad if that was kims arc.
                  I agree that the Nebraska angle will come in
                  I'd only be mad because that is the most predictable, and that's a nitpick for me, given BB's and Saul's complexity in storylines. I am wondering about how Jimmy gets the legal clearance to practice law again, under a different name. Legally change your name, and you're good? Again, seems too simple.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I'd only be mad because that is the most predictable, and that's a nitpick for me, given BB's and Saul's complexity in storylines. I am wondering about how Jimmy gets the legal clearance to practice law again, under a different name. Legally change your name, and you're good? Again, seems too simple.....
                    Wasn’t he only suspended for a year?

Comment

Wasn’t he only suspended for a year?
                      For now...I don't know if that suspension can continue upon further review, or whatever, and you and I know Jimmy. He'll screw it up somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        For now...I don't know if that suspension can continue upon further review, or whatever, and you and I know Jimmy. He'll screw it up somehow.
                        Given how prominent chuck was, I’m guessing jimmy couldn’t get around disbarment by a name change

Comment

Given how prominent chuck was, I’m guessing jimmy couldn’t get around disbarment by a name change
                          And therein lies the question...how does he do it, and what prompts him to finally snap and do it? Honestly, that is the base question of this whole series. It's the name on the cereal box, even though Mike/Gus/Saul is the actual contents of said box.

Comment

As long as he doesnt doing anything disbarrable for a year he will be fine. I think the reasons he switches names permanently are pretty obvious (Gilligan is being Nolan-esque in beating us over the head with it) but there will be a specific trigger that forces that forces the crisis of faith. I have ideas but I am keeping them to myself

And I dont see how Kim becoming Wendy is obvious, because it literally makes zero sense. It is George Lucas level "I have to explain something that doesnt need explaining". Wendy was a dumb character on BB. No need to add to her for no reason. Since Kim Wexler was a character written for BCS after the fact why tie her to a character most people dont think twice about? It doesnt add anything to either story and just completely ruins one of the most popular characters on BCS.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              As long as he doesnt doing anything disbarrable for a year he will be fine. I think the reasons he switches names permanently are pretty obvious (Gilligan is being Nolan-esque in beating us over the head with it) but there will be a specific trigger that forces that forces the crisis of faith. I have ideas but I am keeping them to myself

And I dont see how Kim becoming Wendy is obvious, because it literally makes zero sense. It is George Lucas level "I have to explain something that doesnt need explaining". Wendy was a dumb character on BB. No need to add to her for no reason. Since Kim Wexler was a character written for BCS after the fact why tie her to a character most people dont think twice about? It doesnt add anything to either story and just completely ruins one of the most popular characters on BCS.
                              Speak for yourself that people dont think twice about wendy. 😍

Comment

Kim = Wendy makes sense on a uber-basic level, and these shows are not uber-basic. That's the rub.

And ok, as long as Jimmy doesn't do anything disbarrable......this IS Jimmy we're talking about. Hence my comment. Yes, from day 1 I figured some single moment makes him snap, and so far....I've been thinking "Ok, HERE'S the thing!!! Sh*, nope. Ok, now HERE'S the thing! Well, wrong again."

Waiting for that moment....

Comment

Working...
                                X