X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    She turns it up to 11 at the end...
    My guess is that if you watched a sampling of victim impact statements from around the country on any given week you'd see quite a few where speakers let their emotions get the better of them.

I posted this once before, a few years back, but it's my personal opinion that victim impact statements are one example of the way our system of justice has gone a bit off track in this country. If Kathleen Peterson's death by blow poke has had a significant impact on her sisters or other family members, should Michael Peterson be sent away for a longer sentence than if he beat to death with a blow poke a homeless woman with no family, a death with no noticeable impact on anyone?

If a judge ignores them for purposes of sentencing, then fine. Let the verbal berating by family members serve as an additional sentence. But it certainly shouldn't factor into the sentence handed down by the judge.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/0...tt-merger.html

AT&T just declared their intention to ruin HBO. It was a nice run.
      No offense, but AT&T is right in this situation. HBO needs to shift to a more streaming style or they will get left in the dust. They cant act like a premium station anymore because the idea of stations is dying. People need a reason to pay extra and just having one or two good shows isnt going to be enough in a few years. He isnt saying they need to put out a ton of stuff just that they need to put more out there in order to get more people to pay for the service.

HBO wouldnt need to change much at all to make the gains he seems to hope for. If they dont change they will basically become a niche network.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

btw - who the f##k is Barry and what is his list all about?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          btw - who the f##k is Barry and what is his list all about?
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_(TV_series)
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I see.

Comment

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/0...tt-merger.html

AT&T just declared their intention to ruin HBO. It was a nice run.
              Thanks to the lack of Net Neutrality rules, free HBO with your AT&T Wireless subscription. The rest of us can get bent.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                I see.
                I liked it. It was good.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Thanks to the lack of Net Neutrality rules, free HBO with your AT&T Wireless subscription. The rest of us can get bent.
                  Comcast gives away free 6-month HBO subscriptions like they are candy. They practically force it on you.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Comcast gives away free 6-month HBO subscriptions like they are candy. They practically force it on you.
                    True story. I changed my Comcast plan when I moved three years ago and HBO wasn't going to be part of the new package (they had a Starz promo going). When they confirmed the order and asked if that was it, I hemmed and hawed and said I would miss HBO, but am okay with Starz. The rep goes "oh, okay, I added it [HBO] to your package free." It's never been taken off nor have I been charged for it since.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      True story. I changed my Comcast plan when I moved three years ago and HBO wasn't going to be part of the new package (they had a Starz promo going). When they confirmed the order and asked if that was it, I hemmed and hawed and said I would miss HBO, but am okay with Starz. The rep goes "oh, okay, I added it [HBO] to your package free." It's never been taken off nor have I been charged for it since.
                      Also a true story: Comcast fried my modem, said no charge to the tech visit. They charged me. I complained, and they said I could get the free HBO deal. I said no, there was nothing on HBO I wanted to watch, and you are changing terms on your agreement (had email confirmation). They took the charge off, but still gave me free HBO (I checked, and yes, being a man of principle, called them back to ream them for giving me HBO). I guarantee you they would have auto-renewed and charged me for it.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Comcast can’t fry your modem
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comcast can’t fry your modem
                          Yes, they can. They admitted it.

Comment

For them to fry your modem they would need to send live voltage through your RG-6. That’s a pretty rare instance for an existing install.

I suppose it’s possible.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

For them to fry your modem they would need to send live voltage through your RG-6. That’s a pretty rare instance for an existing install.

I suppose it’s possible.
                              I was WTeFF? Tech came out, saw it, tested it, said, "Yep, we fried it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I was WTeFF? Tech came out, saw it, tested it, said, "Yep, we fried it."
                                To Xfinity and beyond???
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X