X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Angie and I both side with the way more with the cult than the Rednecks.
    I haven't seen the show but in the actual historical event the cult were terrorists, so, um...
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I haven't seen the show but in the actual historical event the cult were terrorists, so, um...
      Yeah I’m not on the side of the cult

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        According to what the people involved in the case on the Government side said they really had almost zero real evidence to back up the claims. (that could obviously be a trick of the documentary) I doubt the Feds win their case based on the testimony of the Mayor who flipped. Outside of the salmonella matching the cases were flimsy as heck. And Osho would have walked on the bunk immigration bs if he had the stomach to wait it out. Hell why any of them confessed I will never know any lawyer worth their salt would have taken the case on pro bono it was almost all heresay. Hell even the Establishment Clause argument was flimsy and almost never enforced in the manner the AG was trying to do. The government overstepped their bounds because of bias and money imho.

And lets not forget who started the violence. It was the Rednecks who bombed the hotel in Portland and it was the Rednecks who were on tv all the time saying they would shoot the cult if they could. (before any of the terrorism) If it hadnt been for Mr. Nike using his money and influence to get the AG to go after them (and the county to break the law by not letting them vote under Oregon's Voting Laws) none of this happens.

Bigotry is no excuse for what they admitted to, but if Antelope and Wasco County had acted like humans and not Trumpers everyone wins. That is what we mean by we side more with the cult more than the Rednecks.
        Last edited by Handyman; 04-05-2018, 06:21 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          According to what the people involved in the case on the Government side said they really had almost zero real evidence to back up the claims. (that could obviously be a trick of the documentary) I doubt the Feds win their case based on the testimony of the Mayor who flipped. Outside of the salmonella matching the cases were flimsy as heck. And Osho would have walked on the bunk immigration bs if he had the stomach to wait it out. Hell why any of them confessed I will never know any lawyer worth their salt would have taken the case on pro bono it was almost all heresay. Hell even the Establishment Clause argument was flimsy and almost never enforced in the manner the AG was trying to do. The government overstepped their bounds because of bias and money imho.

And lets not forget who started the violence. It was the Rednecks who bombed the hotel in Portland and it was the Rednecks who were on tv all the time saying they would shoot the cult if they could. (before any of the terrorism) If it hadnt been for Mr. Nike using his money and influence to get the AG to go after them (and the county to break the law by not letting them vote under Oregon's Voting Laws) none of this happens.

Bigotry is no excuse for what they admitted to, but if Antelope and Wasco County had acted like humans and not Trumpers everyone wins. That is what we mean by we side more with the cult more than the Rednecks.
          They admitted to conspiring to kill the US Attorney (and even waited with a gun for him to show up). They admitted to trying to kill their own doctor and to drugging the homeless people who no longer served their purposes.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            They admitted to conspiring to kill the US Attorney (and even waited with a gun for him to show up). They admitted to trying to kill their own doctor and to drugging the homeless people who no longer served their purposes.
            No I know what they admitted, they obviously did it...I said I dont get WHY they admitted it. (read my post again) If this had gone to trial I dont see a way the Feds win. Especially against Osho. And the Establishment Clause stuff would have gone nowhere.

I guess I should have worded it better. I am not arguing whether they did it I am arguing if they cared enough they could have beat the wrap and no one would have been the wiser.

That has nothing to do with me being more sympathetic to them...that is just cause the Oregonians acted like bigoted scum. But overall they get a zero and the cult get a 1. (out of 100)

All of this could also be just because of the way the Doc set things up...it was very weirdly put together.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Did anyone watch The Crossing? I recorded it but haven’t watched it yet. Not sure if I’m going to.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Did anyone watch The Crossing? I recorded it but haven’t watched it yet. Not sure if I’m going to.
                it wasn't great, you can figure who the bad guy is from the moment he's introduced. but it had an interesting premise, albeit the main plot of 'bad guys infiltrating among the regulars' is pretty cliché. but, nice cinematography, and it was fun seeing Steve Zahn and Rick Gomez in serious roles. i'll stick with it.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I <3 the return of NGT!!

Comment

High Fidelity is getting a TV reboot.

https://tv.avclub.com/high-fidelity-...ocialMarketing
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Americans is getting real.
                      Brent, you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        The Americans is getting real.
                        Brent, you agree?
                        Finally saw Ep 2 tonight (busy weekend )

Yeah, it's getting really heavy. The evolution of Paige should be VERY interesting in the upcoming eps.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There are so many moving parts right now on the Americans I need to watch EP2 again. So many seemingly unrelated plot lines and ever expanding ones. I honestly think the foreshadowing for Elizabeth not making it out alive has been a bit too much, but perhaps they're making it "over-obvious" in such a way that they'll surprise us with something else.

Comment

Andre the giant HBO special premiering now. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Andre the giant HBO special premiering now. I’ve been looking forward to seeing this
                              Supposed to be great. Don't tell me how it ends!!!
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                There are so many moving parts right now
                                I am thinking Paige will be THE key to this. Have some other initial thoughts, but it's WAY too early.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X