Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Lucia Apologist

Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I have an NCA that enjoins me from being employed by, or doing work for a current client of my employer for a period of 12 months after I am separated (whether I resign or get fired), and from trying to woo clients over to a competitor for 24 months. Notably, it does not say I can't work for a competitor. Taking into account my one business law class from a decade ago , I consider this a lot more legally kosher than the NCA at my last job which supposedly prevented me from working any job in the field for 18 months after separation (they did not try to have it enforced, so I think it was just an empty threat for individual contributors).
    I know my current employer said they would fight my non-compete if my previous company tried to enforce it. I could easily move to another position within my current department and as long as I'm not working on the same projects, they said it was generally unenforceable. Even though my current employer was a client of my previous. When you do task-based work, it's fairly limited was my understanding. And since projects are all assigned tasks, tough ****.

It felt good to have someone willing to go to bat for you
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

I am not sure the US Government could look any stupider than they did in dealing with the Osho and Seela and her crew. The evidence was a joke (he said/she said for Seela and circumstantial on Osho) and the only reason they won was they basically bullied them all into pleading out cause they didnt want to spend the time and money on trials. When it comes to dealing with cults the last people who should be involved is the US Government they monumentally fail every single time.

And dont get me started on the Oregonians...

edit: Gee shocking the Oregonians dont mind that the ranch is being used as a Christian Kids Resort. Where is Mr. Nike to protest that since it isnt being used for only ranching?
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-03-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Generic Catchy Message

Was the acting in Roseanne always this bad? It feels like an SNL skit where everyone is reading their lines off the cue card.

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I'm not wondering why they were afraid to quit. I'm wondering why they would sign an agreement in the first place that says that if you quit, you have to pay back 40% of your annual wages and you can't get another job in the industry and compete with us. I would say that's a pretty visible red flag that this company has a problem with employee's quitting and will do anything to stop them from doing so. Apparently no one asked why?
    Paying back salary for quitting and non-competes have been a part of every TV news contract my husband ever signed and he was never on air talent. It's a standard practice.

If anyone still has faith in the human condition, the Netflix series The Keepers may be for you. Seven hours of stories of sexual abuse by a Catholic priest at a Catholic school in Baltimore, to go along with handing out teenage girls to his friends on the Baltimore police department to rape and sodomize, should pretty much eliminate that problem for you.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

If anyone still has faith in the human condition, the Netflix series The Keepers may be for you. Seven hours of stories of sexual abuse by a Catholic priest at a Catholic school in Baltimore, to go along with handing out teenage girls to his friends on the Baltimore police department to rape and sodomize, should pretty much eliminate that problem for you.
    jfc
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Yeah I saw that a few months ago...thanks for reminding me I had blocked it out :/
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Watched that when it came out. Yeah...its a good one for completely eliminating any faith you may have left in humanity.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Also sad, Sinclair owns the only viable competitor to WWE.
    They own NJPW? kappa
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: Drink It In, Maaaaaan.
    Twitter Goodness: Twitch_Boy

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    They own NJPW? kappa
    Sinclair owns Ring Of Honor. NJPW is owned by Japanese CCG company Bushiroad.

Lucia Apologist

Bought legion on Blu-ray tonight and watched the first episode again.

I forgot just how good this show is. Itís easily the best show off HBO. And I made a conscious effort to figure out how much super hero there is to the episode. About 30 seconds out of the entire hour.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Bought legion on Blu-ray tonight and watched the first episode again.

I forgot just how good this show is. Itís easily the best show off HBO. And I made a conscious effort to figure out how much super hero there is to the episode. About 30 seconds out of the entire hour.
    But did you finish wild wild country?

Lucia Apologist

I havenít. I forgot about that. I was just too excited about legion starting up again and needed to rewatch/catch back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    But did you finish wild wild country?
    Angie and I both side with the way more with the cult than the Rednecks.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Angie and I both side with the way more with the cult than the Rednecks.
    I haven't seen the show but in the actual historical event the cult were terrorists, so, um...
    2016 USCHO POSER OF THE YEAR

We do what we must because we can
    For the good of all of us, except the ones who are dead

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

I haven't seen the show but in the actual historical event the cult were terrorists, so, um...
    Yeah Iím not on the side of the cult

According to what the people involved in the case on the Government side said they really had almost zero real evidence to back up the claims. (that could obviously be a trick of the documentary) I doubt the Feds win their case based on the testimony of the Mayor who flipped. Outside of the salmonella matching the cases were flimsy as heck. And Osho would have walked on the bunk immigration bs if he had the stomach to wait it out. Hell why any of them confessed I will never know any lawyer worth their salt would have taken the case on pro bono it was almost all heresay. Hell even the Establishment Clause argument was flimsy and almost never enforced in the manner the AG was trying to do. The government overstepped their bounds because of bias and money imho.

And lets not forget who started the violence. It was the Rednecks who bombed the hotel in Portland and it was the Rednecks who were on tv all the time saying they would shoot the cult if they could. (before any of the terrorism) If it hadnt been for Mr. Nike using his money and influence to get the AG to go after them (and the county to break the law by not letting them vote under Oregon's Voting Laws) none of this happens.

Bigotry is no excuse for what they admitted to, but if Antelope and Wasco County had acted like humans and not Trumpers everyone wins. That is what we mean by we side more with the cult more than the Rednecks.
    Last edited by Handyman; 04-05-2018 at 06:21 PM.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    According to what the people involved in the case on the Government side said they really had almost zero real evidence to back up the claims. (that could obviously be a trick of the documentary) I doubt the Feds win their case based on the testimony of the Mayor who flipped. Outside of the salmonella matching the cases were flimsy as heck. And Osho would have walked on the bunk immigration bs if he had the stomach to wait it out. Hell why any of them confessed I will never know any lawyer worth their salt would have taken the case on pro bono it was almost all heresay. Hell even the Establishment Clause argument was flimsy and almost never enforced in the manner the AG was trying to do. The government overstepped their bounds because of bias and money imho.

And lets not forget who started the violence. It was the Rednecks who bombed the hotel in Portland and it was the Rednecks who were on tv all the time saying they would shoot the cult if they could. (before any of the terrorism) If it hadnt been for Mr. Nike using his money and influence to get the AG to go after them (and the county to break the law by not letting them vote under Oregon's Voting Laws) none of this happens.

Bigotry is no excuse for what they admitted to, but if Antelope and Wasco County had acted like humans and not Trumpers everyone wins. That is what we mean by we side more with the cult more than the Rednecks.
    They admitted to conspiring to kill the US Attorney (and even waited with a gun for him to show up). They admitted to trying to kill their own doctor and to drugging the homeless people who no longer served their purposes.

They admitted to conspiring to kill the US Attorney (and even waited with a gun for him to show up). They admitted to trying to kill their own doctor and to drugging the homeless people who no longer served their purposes.
    No I know what they admitted, they obviously did it...I said I dont get WHY they admitted it. (read my post again) If this had gone to trial I dont see a way the Feds win. Especially against Osho. And the Establishment Clause stuff would have gone nowhere.

I guess I should have worded it better. I am not arguing whether they did it I am arguing if they cared enough they could have beat the wrap and no one would have been the wiser.

That has nothing to do with me being more sympathetic to them...that is just cause the Oregonians acted like bigoted scum. But overall they get a zero and the cult get a 1. (out of 100)

All of this could also be just because of the way the Doc set things up...it was very weirdly put together.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information