X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Trying to watch mindhunter but ****, this first episode is slow and boring
    Trust me by episode 2 or 3 you won't be able to stop. The ending
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Just finished Wild Wild County. The whole thing rubs me he wrong way. The cult, the rednecks, the government and prosecutors. There wasn’t a single protagonist in this entire story.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Just finished Wild Wild County. The whole thing rubs me he wrong way. The cult, the rednecks, the government and prosecutors. There wasn’t a single protagonist in this entire story.
        That’s a great way to describe it.
        My sister finished yesterday and sent me a text that simply read “THEY BLENDED *******????”

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Trust me by episode 2 or 3 you won't be able to stop. The ending
          It did get a lot better. I finished late last night

Comment

Every episode? Holy crap I love it. What better to do on a snow day like that.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Every episode? Holy crap I love it. What better to do on a snow day like that.
              I took three breaks to shovel and watched some of the sharks ducks game in between. What a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I took three breaks to shovel and watched some of the sharks ducks game in between. What a day.
                Any thoughts on a snow blower 😆
                Code:

Comment

Have a single stage, out of gas. Refuse to fill in April

Comment

Fair enough lol
                    Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I did 4 driveways. 3 tanks of gas.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I didn’t get a chance to do my neighbor’s house. Our other neighbor did it for her first. I have a 26” blower and the snow drifts and berms were over the entire casing.
                        Code:

Comment

Yelling at the TV may have unintended consequences...

@WTOP: Amazon cuts deal to sell voice-controlled TVs at Best Buy http://bit.ly/2J7b2OY https://***********/WTOP/status/9867...007616/photo/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Just a reminder that West World season 2 begins this Sunday.

Sunday!
                            Sunday!
                            Sunday!
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

When I finished my binge watch of WestWorld and Legion I needed about a week to get my head back from the far side of the moon.

I was disappointed with Legion S1.8, which I missed the first time around. It put sharp edges on a lot of stuff that had been ambiguous, and it over-explained and over-defined loose ends that should have remained loose.

Also: I don't understand why, when Kerry and Oliver collided, Farouk moved into Oliver. When Farouk left Syd he should have lost the power to swap bodies.

David --> Syd (Syd swaps into David and gains his telekenesis; Farouk swaps into Syd and gains the swap power)

Syd --> Kerry (Farouk swaps into Kerry and gains her martial arts; Kerry swaps into Syd and gains Syd's swap power -- it would have been fascinating had Kerry then touched Cary, thus inverting them)

Kerry --> Oliver (there should be no swap here -- they should just retain their powers: Farouk (Kerry's) martial arts and Oliver's telepathy)

The swap wears off after a few hours and everybody should go back to their bodies. Farouk should either be back in David's body or stuck in Kerry's body fighting her for control the way he fought David.

Isn't this just a huge narrative error?
                              Last edited by Kepler; 04-19-2018, 01:17 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Also:

The three least stable / most unpleasant leads on TV right now:

UnReal: Shiri Appleby playing Rachel Goldberg
                                Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: Rachel Bloom playing Rebecca Bunch
                                Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: Rachel Brosnahan playing Miriam Maisel

Is the message "New York Jewish women be crazy?" (Everybody from Long Island already knew this.)
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X