X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    So, now everything needs to be a serial? I still to this day watch Law and Order. Still like it. I don't need the story to be 10 seasons and thus be like reading War and Peace.
    No, but it has to be more than just grab a tried and true plot that's been used for 30+ years and write new dialogue around it.

I mean, these stories could have been on Hawaii Five-O or Mission Impossible back in the 70's.

As I said, at least the Quantico concept made the show unique. Now it's just like any other procedural on TV. Interchangeable. And none of the actors have enough charisma to make someone want to watch this over any of the others. Hence, cancelled.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Sometimes you don't want a meal. Sometimes you just want a snack.
      Quantico, the Papa John's of network TV.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        No, but it has to be more than just grab a tried and true plot that's been used for 30+ years and write new dialogue around it.

I mean, these stories could have been on Hawaii Five-O or Mission Impossible back in the 70's.

As I said, at least the Quantico concept made the show unique. Now it's just like any other procedural on TV. Interchangeable. And none of the actors have enough charisma to make someone want to watch this over any of the others. Hence, cancelled.
        I see.

The last episode I enjoyed very much. Never saw the story before. I guess I appreciate nuance and derivatives more than most.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You've never seen a plot where the bad guy takes someone close to one of the heroes and uses that as leverage against them to get what he wants? Even the misdirection where they only end up with the truck full of girls(or whatever) has been done a million times.

And then, our hero faces the big dilemma. Do they arrest the bad guy, or kill them in revenge for the evil perpetrated against them? Of course, good triumphs in the end, only to have the bad guy go for the good guy's weapon so our hero has no choice but to kill them.

Please. That's derivative of derivatives.
          Last edited by rufus; 07-26-2018, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Sometimes you don't want a meal. Sometimes you just want a snack.
            Network = McDonald's.
            Other channels: anywhere from Red Robin to Manny's.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think that’s why game of thrones is so jarring and amazing. Their universe doesn’t reward good behavior and it sadistically punishes naïveté.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I think that’s why game of thrones is so jarring and amazing. Their universe doesn’t reward good behavior and it sadistically punishes naïveté.
                Same with Breaking Bad, Sons, Wire...it's part of what rejuvenated pro wrestling when they had Stone Cold and such. The anti-heroes are rewarded. They are not good people, but you root for them.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  It's like real life...with dragons.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    It's like real life...with dragons.
                    And a lot of boobs and blood, apparently. Oh wait, you already said like real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      And a lot of boobs and blood, apparently. Oh wait, you already said like real life.
                      There's dong too.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        There's dong too.
                        "No more yanky my wanky. Donger need food!!"

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          You've never seen a plot where the bad guy takes someone close to one of the heroes and uses that as leverage against them to get what he wants? Even the misdirection where they only end up with the truck full of girls(or whatever) has been done a million times.

And then, our hero faces the big dilemma. Do they arrest the bad guy, or kill them in revenge for the evil perpetrated against them? Of course, good triumphs in the end, only to have the bad guy go for the good guy's weapon so our hero has no choice but to kill them.

Please. That's derivative of derivatives.
                          Everything is derivative. There's nothing new in this world.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Same with Breaking Bad, Sons, Wire...it's part of what rejuvenated pro wrestling when they had Stone Cold and such. The anti-heroes are rewarded. They are not good people, but you root for them.
                            And per Stone Cold, idiot guy stumbles into success in spite of himself.

(Talking about Vince BTW and not Austin)
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              And per Stone Cold, idiot guy stumbles into success in spite of himself.

(Talking about Vince BTW and not Austin)
                              Pretty much. I mean, with Sons, Tig became a fave character, and he was the most degenerate of them all! There was a shirt that said "Tig Is My Moral Compass." SO many ways of wrong.

Comment

Dark Tourist on Netflix is interesting. I haven’t seen them all yet but so far the Medellin episode with the Escobar stuff was the most interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X