This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV: Did you make Barry's List?

Thanks to someone on here, I’m now hooked on Jane the virgin. In danger of not getting homework done as I can’t stop watching. Halfway through season 3.
    Michael is the worst. Rafael all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Thanks to someone on here, I’m now hooked on Jane the virgin. In danger of not getting homework done as I can’t stop watching. Halfway through season 3.
      Michael is the worst. Rafael all the way!
      You...are...WELCOME!

#Rogelio
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Blacklist Finale. I understand why it's got a couple of years left now. Lot more things to answer now.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Americans:

THAT was a helluva opening scene. Jesus.

And now the closure (slowly) begins...
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Since the Americans is nearing its end, WaPo had the 12 best series finales since 2005.

I ageee that B.B., six feet under are the top two, also love that twin peaks and the Leftovers are on there

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.76fa0ff91076

Comment

BB is top, IMO of the last few years.

Brotherhood, an under the radar Showtime series, ended on an excellent note by accident. They didn't renew the series after S3, and the cast/etc didn't know about it until S3 was done, but it had a very good closure, and would submit that for consideration. I also think Justified had a very good finale.

Can't put SOA up there, as much as I loved the series, because it was too predictable. The beauty was only in how they executed the storyline itself.

That's what brings me back to BB: you had no idea how it would really end. Genius.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So they're working up a new Magnum P.I. series.

With Selleck on Blue Bloods I'm sure he can't be "Higgy-baby", but can he be "Robin Masters" as it's only an infrequent gig?

If he could be Higgins I think it'd be fun for Selleck to finally get to say "Lads! Zeus! Apollo!" and send them after Thomas.

"Don't look at the dogs; work the lock! Work the lock. Work the lock. Don't look at the dogs. You looked at the dogs."
                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-18-2018, 10:19 AM.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Blindspot got renewed despite being put into Friday purgatory.
                  Gotham got renewed despite horrible ratings so it can get to 100 and then syndicate.
                  Elementary got renewed despite being put into Spring/Summer purgatory.

Interesting.

Black List got renewed after being put on at 7 Eastern. Which is an odd time for a show like that. I think they may wrap it up in 6 even though it was targeted for 7.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    So they're working up a new Magnum P.I. series.

With Selleck on Blue Bloods I'm sure he can't be "Higgy-baby", but can he be "Robin Masters" as it's only an infrequent gig?

If he could be Higgins I think it'd be fun for Selleck to finally get to say "Lads! Zeus! Apollo!" and send them after Thomas.

"Don't look at the dogs; work the lock! Work the lock. Work the lock. Don't look at the dogs. You looked at the dogs."
                    I saw a preview on FB.

Higgins/Robin is a she (ex MI6) in the reboot. Since it is directed by a Fast & Furious director, lots of car chases, wrecked cars, and absurd stunts.

Worth a look. Wonder who will play Michelle?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Blindspot got renewed despite being put into Friday purgatory.
                      Gotham got renewed despite horrible ratings so it can get to 100 and then syndicate.
                      Elementary got renewed despite being put into Spring/Summer purgatory.

Interesting.

Black List got renewed after being put on at 7 Eastern. Which is an odd time for a show like that. I think they may wrap it up in 6 even though it was targeted for 7.
                      Is 100 some sort of industry minimum or milestone for syndication?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Worth a look. Wonder who will play Michelle?
                        I'd rather know "Rick" and "T.C." first.

"I know what you're thinking..., and you're (wrong/right) ..."
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-18-2018, 02:07 PM.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          I'd rather know "Rick" and "T.C." first.

"I know what you're thinking..., and you're (wrong/right) ..."
                          However, it now appears as if CBS has opted for a more literal reboot, with Jay Hernandez as Thomas Magnum, Zachary Knighton as Rick Wright, Stephen Hill as TC Calvin and Perdita Weeks as Juliet Higgins
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            It's not a figure used as a mortal lock, but it's usually a good indicator of being able to survive a number of years in syndication. People wont' tire of the episodes too quickly, so the production company is likely to make some more money over the long-term than if it ended at 85 episodes because the last 15 were net losses during their first runs.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              It's not a figure used as a mortal lock, but it's usually a good indicator of being able to survive a number of years in syndication. People wont' tire of the episodes too quickly, so the production company is likely to make some more money over the long-term than if it ended at 85 episodes because the last 15 were net losses during their first runs.
                              The Prisoner says hi.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                That's what the article I read said. I dunno.

Comment

Working...
                                X